Re: OT: Music Monday

Battra wrote:Thank you....word of mouth is the only way I can grow the readership.

As for the local scene, I usually see one or two local bands every month or so and I can't tell you the name of a single one.

So..there's that.
wow. this is a mistake.
Fister's new album just out: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Lion's Daughter just announced their signing with Season Of Mist: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bastard: https://bastard666.bandcamp.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tyranny Enthroned: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

T.C. wrote:
Battra wrote:Thank you....word of mouth is the only way I can grow the readership.

As for the local scene, I usually see one or two local bands every month or so and I can't tell you the name of a single one.

So..there's that.
wow. this is a mistake.
The Lion's Daughter just announced their signing with Season Of Mist: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bastard: https://bastard666.bandcamp.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I dunno any of those bands honestly.

I'm not saying there isn't good music out there...I do like Bo & The Locomotive, Kentucky Knife Fight, The Finns Motel, and Bruiser Queen.

I just don't go out of my way to seek out local bands and those that I have crossed in my travels have not inspired me to buy their CDs at the show.

T.C. wrote:

So..there's that.
wow. this is a mistake.
Thanks T.C. I will listen when i get some time here at work.

So..there's that.
Which Monsterworks album would you recommend starting with? I'm a huge fan of Progressive Metal.

rudy4u51 wrote:

So..there's that.
Which Monsterworks album would you recommend starting with? I'm a huge fan of Progressive Metal.
Existential Codex...because you can get it free on bandcamp.

Battra wrote:
rudy4u51 wrote:

So..there's that.
Existential Codex...because you can get it free on bandcamp.
Holy shit balls this is good! I just realized they are from London. How about that? I don't know a whole lot of good metal bands from the U.K...The only one that comes to mind is Sikth and they most likely aren't even around anymore

[youtube][/youtube]

T.C. wrote:
rudy4u51 wrote:I don't know a whole lot of good metal bands from the U.K.
:shock: :shock:

wow.
Let me clarify. Metal bands that have formed over the last 10-15 years or so.

haha...i feel stupid

I can think of like 10 Swedish Metal bands but not U.K. other than the obvious old school metal bands...and Sikth ..haha...is Excalibur from London??
Last edited by rudy4u51 on Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rudy4u51 wrote:
T.C. wrote:
rudy4u51 wrote:I don't know a whole lot of good metal bands from the U.K.
:shock: :shock:

wow.
Let me clarify. Metal bands that have formed over the last 10-15 years or so.

haha...i feel stupid
OK there we go!

Here's the list of my Monsterworks reviews:

Overhaul This album came out Fall of last year.

Universe This one came out spring of last year.

Existential Codex The latest. You can get half of the double album free on bandcamp...sadly that's all I have too!

I did request a physical copy if their PR firm gets any..haha

Interview

I can name a lot more prog metal too if you want....

OK there we go!

Here's the list of my Monsterworks reviews:

Overhaul This album came out Fall of last year.

Universe This one came out spring of last year.

Existential Codex The latest. You can get half of the double album free on bandcamp...sadly that's all I have too!

I did request a physical copy if their PR firm gets any..haha

Interview

I can name a lot more prog metal too if you want....
Awesome thanks! I will download Existential Codex when I get off work from bc. I'm all ears if you have any other prog metal recommendations.

Battra wrote:Prog metal ENGAGED!

Whispers in Crimson Prog from IRAN!

Super Massive Black Holes Canadians.

Felix Martin A guitarist who plays two guitars simultaneously!

Crowned In Earth Pink Floyd Styled prog metal.

Animals As Leaders 2 X 8 string guitar prog...no vocals!

Let me know if you want more.
Thanks. The only one I've listened to before is Animals as Leaders. I like all 3 of their albums. Tosin Abasi is really good at the old guitar that's for sure!

In addition to the song I posted earlier in this thread by Ne Obliviscaris (which you should listen to all 12 minutes of by the way), I've been digging this album a whole hell of a lot as well. They are from Milan, Italy
[youtube][/youtube]

let's see, good UK bands formed in the last 15 years:
A Forest Of Stars
Anaal Nathrakh
Baron
Conan
Crippled Black Phoenix
Electric Wizard
Fen
The Rotted
Jesu
Final
Screamin' Daemon
Steak
The Nefilim

just off the top.

T.C. wrote:let's see, good UK bands formed in the last 15 years:
A Forest Of Stars
Anaal Nathrakh
Baron
Conan
Crippled Black Phoenix
Electric Wizard
Fen
The Rotted
Jesu
Final
Screamin' Daemon
Steak
The Nefilim

just off the top.
Thanks bud...I guess I'm out of the u.k. loop. ha. The only one I've heard of is Jesu and that's because of Godflesh. The last I remember from Jesu is the split with Eluvium a long time ago.

T.C. wrote:let's see, good UK bands formed in the last 15 years:
A Forest Of Stars
Anaal Nathrakh
Baron
Conan
Crippled Black Phoenix
Electric Wizard
Fen
The Rotted
Jesu
Final
Screamin' Daemon
Steak
The Nefilim

just off the top.
Also, great job at ordering them alphabetically from the top of your head. That is super impressive and very helpful for someone as ocd as me.

T.C. wrote:
Battra wrote:I'm getting a lot of good stuff from Germany and The Netherlands these days.
like what?
Sulphur Aeon Germany

Apophys Netherlands

Eternal Solstice The Netherlands

Infernal Death The Netherlands

Bleeding Gods The Netherlands

OK...I can't seem to find anything else German...but I know there was more!

If I haven't reviewed something or purchased it for myself...I don't remember it..that's why everything is always links. I get sent upwards of 40 albums per week now.