Re: OT: Music Monday

Every day feels like a Monday lately, so I'll post this news here ... SiriusXM is offering free streaming through May 15th. Might be a good option for those among us craving something different in the way of socially-distanced entertainment. And Turk can get his daily fix of up-to-date conservative talk while he's printing up his stockpile of "Trump-Pence from Here Hence" lawn signs & bumper stickers.

JMC-STL wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:05 am Every day feels like a Monday lately, so I'll post this news here ... SiriusXM is offering free streaming through May 15th. Might be a good option for those among us craving something different in the way of socially-distanced entertainment. And Turk can get his daily fix of up-to-date conservative talk while he's printing up his stockpile of "Trump-Pence from Here Hence" lawn signs & bumper stickers.
Conservative??? The 'pubs are gonna have to find a different peg to hang their hat on after this regime is gone. The only Trump/Pence items that I'm printing , is Devil's Door Certificates - tons of them.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:00 am
JMC-STL wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:26 amThe judges will allow, because this news broke on Monday ... Pitchfork: Daft Punk Break Up
Slow week in music land. eh?
You cannot BEGIN to appreciate how devastating this news was to me 'n' the missus. Guy-Manuel and Thomas were like robotic sons to us. Now all we have left are our Random Access Memories of them & their musical gifts. And the boxed set, of course.

JMC-STL wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:28 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:00 am
JMC-STL wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:26 amThe judges will allow, because this news broke on Monday ... Pitchfork: Daft Punk Break Up
Slow week in music land. eh?
You cannot BEGIN to appreciate how devastating this news was to me 'n' the missus. Guy-Manuel and Thomas were like robotic sons to us. Now all we have left are our Random Access Memories of them & their musical gifts. And the boxed set, of course.
Don't despair...when they've gone through all their bread, which can't be much, you can go watch the reunion tour.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:56 pm
JMC-STL wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:28 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:00 amSlow week in music land. eh?
Don't despair...when they've gone through all their bread, which can't be much, you can go watch the reunion tour.
Your words have brought great comfort to The JMCs, especially from your perspective as a modern-day snake oil peddler.

A Monday Music-adjacent topic, and I have no professional nor personal connection to this initiative. But I was compelled by the notion when I heard about it on the radio this weekend ...

KSHE is promoting a fund-raising effort for a local charity called "Keep Live Alive St. Louis," to support ushers, ticket takers, bartenders, wait staff, sound and lighting technicians, stagehands, backstage crews & other folks in the St. Louis live entertainment industry affected by COVID-19. KSHE is doing their part by selling specialty T-shirts. All for the readers' consideration. Might become the Dress of the Day for the next BNF Suite Night. Under your favorite sweater, of course.

JMC-STL wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:20 am A Monday Music-adjacent topic, and I have no professional nor personal connection to this initiative. But I was compelled by the notion when I heard about it on the radio this weekend ...

KSHE is promoting a fund-raising effort for a local charity called "Keep Live Alive St. Louis," to support ushers, ticket takers, bartenders, wait staff, sound and lighting technicians, stagehands, backstage crews & other folks in the St. Louis live entertainment industry affected by COVID-19. KSHE is doing their part by selling specialty T-shirts. All for the readers' consideration. Might become the Dress of the Day for the next BNF Suite Night. Under your favorite sweater, of course.

KSHE Sweetmeat Keep Live Alive T-shirt.png
Gonna have to sell a shit-load of shirts to make that work.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:32 pm
JMC-STL wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:55 pmNope. Tony Orlando.
Tony Orlando-Dawn.jpg
I don't know that Tony ever got lucky with Dawn, but I'm sure Billy Jr. got plenty lucky with Marilyn.
Unless/until you resurrect credible evidence that The 5th Dimension were a fivesome, I stand by Tony's threesome potential. And his shade of yellow pants. Fashion matters in such affairs.

JMC-STL wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:52 am
Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:32 pm
JMC-STL wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:55 pmNope. Tony Orlando.
Tony Orlando-Dawn.jpg
I don't know that Tony ever got lucky with Dawn, but I'm sure Billy Jr. got plenty lucky with Marilyn.
Unless/until you resurrect credible evidence that The 5th Dimension were a fivesome, I stand by Tony's threesome potential. And his shade of yellow pants. Fashion matters in such affairs.
Tony was too insecure about his masculinity to wear yellow pants.... his are gold at best.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:50 am
JMC-STL wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:52 am
Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:32 pmI don't know that Tony ever got lucky with Dawn, but I'm sure Billy Jr. got plenty lucky with Marilyn.
Tony was too insecure about his masculinity to wear yellow pants.... his are gold at best.
That jet black faux cummerbund made the outfit, though.