Re: LeBron James

barnburner wrote:
BillP wrote:What's your reaction to LBJ calling Trump a bum on twitter? Kinda irks me a little bit and I'm curious if Trump will let this pass or if he'll respond.
Considering that Trump referred to nfl players as "Son of a Bitches." I figure he had it coming.
Trump knows how to hit the cultural trigger points. It's a LOSING game for Democrats to SUPPORT disrespecting the flag! That will NOT win you the crucial swing states you need in the heartland!

Re: LeBron James

FederkoSutterHunter wrote:
barnburner wrote:
BillP wrote:What's your reaction to LBJ calling Trump a bum on twitter? Kinda irks me a little bit and I'm curious if Trump will let this pass or if he'll respond.
Considering that Trump referred to nfl players as "Son of a Bitches." I figure he had it coming.
Trump knows how to hit the cultural trigger points. It's a LOSING game for Democrats to SUPPORT disrespecting the flag! That will NOT win you the crucial swing states you need in the heartland!
You see, that's the problem. People continue to see it as "disrespcting the flag." It's not, but what else are they supposed to do? Stand on the street corner with a sign? The only way you get people who are open to change, to take a look at the problem, is to make people uncomfortable, and thereby force discussions that they wouldn't normally have. Without Martin Luther King's "Civil Disobedience" program, would we have seen the major improvements we've seen since the 60s in terms of civil rights? I doubt it.
You're totally right in that the people in those states are never going to open their minds enough to see this as anything other than disrespecting the flag. And politically, that's a problem, but, in most of those states, (I was born and partially raised in, Arkansas. Still have many family members there. All of whom still have the same attitudes towards blacks as their ancestors.) it's going to take multiple generations dying off before there's a chance of the prevailing mindsets changing in those states. For me, at least, it's depressing.