Re: LeBron James

NHLTIM wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:Trump is awesome.

You also said the Preds were going to win game 7.
I sure did but I wasn't all butt hurt when they lost either! :o
I am sure Trump found a way to get butt hurt over it like he does for everything else.

NHLTIM wrote:
bradleygt89 wrote:
BillP wrote:
The best answer to police brutality or the potential of incurring police brutality is to stay out of trouble.
Do you honestly think that being in 'trouble' justifies excessive use of force against a human? Interesting is the mind set of certain humans.
If that person is putting other peoples lives in danger or that cops life in danger....damn straight. Don't deal drugs out of your car. Don't run from police and lead them on a 90mph chase and don't resist when they come to your car. You do any of that and that cop has every right to take your ass out.
OK, I understand that the Smith case is the focal point right now in STL due to the recent non-guilty verdict there, and the protests that followed. As to 'resisting when they came to the car' besides the word of the cops, what other evidence is there? Besides the pre-meditated statement by the cop that he would kill Smith?

As I mentioned to Billy, we can get lost on just one case like this, but for every Smith out there who was causing real 'trouble' and had put some lives in danger due to his actions, there are a LOT of folks killed by cops who were doing nothing more than going about their day. If you honestly think that police in most of those cases aren't using racial profiling, aren't trigger happy, don't use excessive force when not needed, and that the justice system is far to all regardless of their race, then I don't know what to tell you. Saying to 'stay out of trouble' is just a cop out to the real issue that is behind the protest: systemic racism in our institutions.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: As I mentioned to Billy, we can get lost on just one case like this, but for every Smith out there who was causing real 'trouble' and had put some lives in danger due to his actions, there are a LOT of folks killed by cops who were doing nothing more than going about their day. If you honestly think that police in most of those cases aren't using racial profiling, aren't trigger happy, don't use excessive force when not needed, and that the justice system is far to all regardless of their race, then I don't know what to tell you. Saying to 'stay out of trouble' is just a cop out to the real issue that is behind the protest: systemic racism in our institutions.
How are you measuring this?

Here is a link for all of the officer involved fatal shootings in 2016. I am seeing a lot of folks armed with guns.

bradleygt89 wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:
bradleygt89 wrote:
Do you honestly think that being in 'trouble' justifies excessive use of force against a human? Interesting is the mind set of certain humans.
If that person is putting other peoples lives in danger or that cops life in danger....damn straight. Don't deal drugs out of your car. Don't run from police and lead them on a 90mph chase and don't resist when they come to your car. You do any of that and that cop has every right to take your ass out.
OK, I understand that the Smith case is the focal point right now in STL due to the recent non-guilty verdict there, and the protests that followed. As to 'resisting when they came to the car' besides the word of the cops, what other evidence is there? Besides the pre-meditated statement by the cop that he would kill Smith?

As I mentioned to Billy, we can get lost on just one case like this, but for every Smith out there who was causing real 'trouble' and had put some lives in danger due to his actions, there are a LOT of folks killed by cops who were doing nothing more than going about their day. If you honestly think that police in most of those cases aren't using racial profiling, aren't trigger happy, don't use excessive force when not needed, and that the justice system is far to all regardless of their race, then I don't know what to tell you. Saying to 'stay out of trouble' is just a cop out to the real issue that is behind the protest: systemic racism in our institutions.
What other evidence? The guy, a known heroin dealer resisted arrest and decided to struggle with the cop which was confirmed by multiple witnesses and all this was after he ran into the cop car and took them on an 90mph chase endangering the lives of others. How many heroin deaths might this guy be responsible for? I'm all for open season on anybody dealing heroin.
Bottom line...don't deal heroin, don't run when the police try and pull you over. Do what they say and odds are good you will likely live.
It's very simple but yet we have to keep making excuses for these guys and its sickening.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

CaptSMRT wrote:
bradleygt89 wrote: As I mentioned to Billy, we can get lost on just one case like this, but for every Smith out there who was causing real 'trouble' and had put some lives in danger due to his actions, there are a LOT of folks killed by cops who were doing nothing more than going about their day. If you honestly think that police in most of those cases aren't using racial profiling, aren't trigger happy, don't use excessive force when not needed, and that the justice system is far to all regardless of their race, then I don't know what to tell you. Saying to 'stay out of trouble' is just a cop out to the real issue that is behind the protest: systemic racism in our institutions.
How are you measuring this?

Here is a link for all of the officer involved fatal shootings in 2016. I am seeing a lot of folks armed with guns.
Good source, thank you.

First thing; just because someone was 'armed' with a gun doesn't mean they were using it in the threat. We also have the highly protected 2nd amendment, which allows for folks to carry legally. The data doesn't show how many of those armed were using the gun as a weapon towards the officer or public, just that they had that weapon on them.

But to the data provided; of those 2679 killed by police since Jan 1, 2015, 174 were unarmed and 1502 were armed with a gun (which means that the rest, some 1,000 others were armed with a knife, shovel, vehicle, or other weapon).

What is most troubling, is that 950, or about 1/3 of those killed had shown signs of mental illness. Also, 1794 were not fleeing while it shows that 1698 were 'attacking'.

This data tells me that one of our biggest problems goes back to health care and the lack of training with law enforcement on how to deal with those who are in need of mental health assistance. Fortunately, some cities and police departments are taking steps to better deal with de-escalation techniques that work: "Lynda Roseman called police to get help for her son, an Iraq War veteran with post-traumatic stress disorder who was brandishing a knife and high on inhalants. Instead, the former Marine was shot in the chest and charged with 10 felonies, including assault with intent to murder.

The violent encounter, she told legislators Tuesday, could have been avoided if the police officers who responded had been trained to handle people struggling with mental illness and drug addiction."

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2017/ ... story.html

and others like here: "WHEN a 22-year-old man holding a knife begged Seattle police to shoot him on Third Avenue during rush hour, bystanders thought he might get his wish. That would probably be the result in many other cities, and maybe even a few years ago in Seattle.

But Tuesday’s incident ended after two hours without violence as the man’s mother looked on, and her son was taken to the hospital for a psychiatric evaluation — not gunshot wounds. Most officers on the scene had specialized training for defusing crises with people in psychosis."

http://www.seattletimes.com/opinion/edi ... ves-lives/

And sorry Tim, but 'open season' on drug dealers? Seriously? I'm assuming you are a fan of Duarte, the POS president in the Philippines? I'm no fan of heroin, but extrajudicial killings or cops killing dealers is not the solution to heroin. Full legalization of all 'drugs' especially cannabis (most of those addicted to opiodes, which leads to heroin use, would benefit from cannabis as a pain reliever, and opiode use is down in states that have legalized cannabis: http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/28/opioi ... marijuana/), along with better health care and prevention, is the only solution, as has been found in other nations and communities that have taken that brave step.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: And sorry Tim, but 'open season' on drug dealers? Seriously? I'm assuming you are a fan of Duarte, the POS president in the Philippines? I'm no fan of heroin, but extrajudicial killings or cops killing dealers is not the solution to heroin. Full legalization of all 'drugs' especially cannabis (most of those addicted to opiodes, which leads to heroin use, would benefit from cannabis as a pain reliever, and opiode use is down in states that have legalized cannabis: http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/28/opioi ... marijuana/), along with better health care and prevention, is the only solution, as has been found in other nations and communities that have taken that brave step.
Very serious...and I don't know anything about Duarte because I don't care about other countries. If somebody is dealing heroin in St. Louis....I'm all for taking them out.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

This data tells me that one of our biggest problems goes back to health care and the lack of training with law enforcement on how to deal with those who are in need of mental health assistance. Fortunately, some cities and police departments are taking steps to better deal with de-escalation techniques that work: "Lynda Roseman called police to get help for her son, an Iraq War veteran with post-traumatic stress disorder who was brandishing a knife and high on inhalants. Instead, the former Marine was shot in the chest and charged with 10 felonies, including assault with intent to murder.

The violent encounter, she told legislators Tuesday, could have been avoided if the police officers who responded had been trained to handle people struggling with mental illness and drug addiction."
I agree...mental health is the biggest issue facing the country. Over 50% of gun deaths are suicide. I believe most of these mass shootings are elaborate suicide schemes. There needs to be changes, however, it is a misrepresentation to say the police are executing people. For the police...they are under no obligation to allow you do any harm to them...even a scratch on the ear. If you come at a cop with a butter knife...prepare to meet Jesus. Is that perfect? No. What is?

NHLTIM wrote:
bradleygt89 wrote: And sorry Tim, but 'open season' on drug dealers? Seriously? I'm assuming you are a fan of Duarte, the POS president in the Philippines? I'm no fan of heroin, but extrajudicial killings or cops killing dealers is not the solution to heroin. Full legalization of all 'drugs' especially cannabis (most of those addicted to opiodes, which leads to heroin use, would benefit from cannabis as a pain reliever, and opiode use is down in states that have legalized cannabis: http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/28/opioi ... marijuana/), along with better health care and prevention, is the only solution, as has been found in other nations and communities that have taken that brave step.
Very serious...and I don't know anything about Duarte because I don't care about other countries. If somebody is dealing heroin in St. Louis....I'm all for taking them out.
Smith did not get shot for dealing heroin....he got shot for using a car as a weapon, and reaching for a gun when ordered to show his hands.

CaptSMRT wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:
Smith did not get shot for dealing heroin....he got shot for using a car as a weapon, and reaching for a gun when ordered to show his hands.
Yes i know why he got shot. He was still a heroin dealer. Good riddance to him.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Debating is when opposite sides have predetermined ideas and focus only on winning an argument.

Talking is when people who may come from different perspectives are open to discussing the topic at hand and have the option of changing their mind according to facts and circumstances.

I just wish everyone would let their defenses down and talk instead of debating. Being open to understanding (but not necessarily agreeing with) other's opinions can only broaden our horizons and make us wiser.

barcthespark wrote:Debating is when opposite sides have predetermined ideas and focus only on winning an argument.

Talking is when people who may come from different perspectives are open to discussing the topic at hand and have the option of changing their mind according to facts and circumstances.

I just wish everyone would let their defenses down and talk instead of debating. Being open to understanding (but not necessarily agreeing with) other's opinions can only broaden our horizons and make us wiser.

Hillary Clinton must be prosecuted!!!

barcthespark wrote:Debating is when opposite sides have predetermined ideas and focus only on winning an argument.

well said. no one is interested in talking, just like no one is interested in equality - they want equity. it's deeply depressing, which is why i stay as far away from it as possible.

UMSLBlues12 wrote:Is she the one that is pregnant now too? I can't keep any of them straight
Kendall Jenner was featured in the ill-conceived Pepsi spot. Kylie Jenner is pregnant with rapper Travis Scott's girl-baby. You need to get the TMZ app on your smartphone, so you can keep up with these important details.

The problem with online 'debates' about divisive topics like this is that it is too easy to hijack and sidetrack a conversation from its OP, or the primary message behind the OP, in this case the cause behind NFL players kneeling in protest during the anthem, and others who are supporting them. Instead we are talking about one specific case in one specific town.

Instead of talking about solutions, we talk specific talking points and a specific high profile case. Instead of discussing a way to end systemic institutional racism so there are equal opportunity for everyone regardless of so called 'classes'; how to fix the justice system so no matter how poor you are, what color you skin is, what your nationality is you get equal justice, and that justice is based on a system of reform and improvement of the human condition; to improve our education system so it isn't based on how wealthy your neighborhood is; to treat our environment and Mother earth with respect for her natural resources and move to clean renewable energy, local sustainable food sources, etc etc etc. other solutions.

Please remember that the construct of 'race' is a made up term, and became more 'popular' as a needed justification of slavery in European colonies, and even more so in the the USA after independence (Manifest Destiny anyone), as they had to fight back against increase calls for equality and the abolition of slavery. IF you can convince enough people that a human isn't exactly the same type of human because of their skin color you can have an easier time to justify their enslavement.

Lastly, stop focusing on the fucking trees and look at the forest folks. We ALL improve as a species on this little rock we live on in the infinite universe when we all value each other, and every single atom on this little rock that we call home. We all made of the same shit, exploded fucking stardust. Let's treat each other the same then, and truly work towards ensuring that everyone has the same opportunity, regardless of the tone the stardust appears to take on our skin.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

BillP wrote:What's your reaction to LBJ calling Trump a bum on twitter? Kinda irks me a little bit and I'm curious if Trump will let this pass or if he'll respond.
Considering that Trump referred to nfl players as "Son of a Bitches." I figure he had it coming.

CaptSMRT wrote:
JMC-STL wrote:
3861cee0d9bd600e9e620f120349c5e8ab579a927d1d85f72726613bcc0aeead[1].jpg
I blame your generation. NBC canceled Star Trek in your day because people wanted to watch Bonanza.
Hoss was much more bad-ass than Captain Kirk...just sayin'.

CaptSMRT wrote:I blame your generation. NBC canceled Star Trek in your day because people wanted to watch Bonanza.
Brush up on your TV history, Sonny Boy. Laugh-In killed Star Trek. Goldie Hawn's "Sock it to me!" was far more powerful than that "Live long and prosper" nonsense.

bradleygt89 wrote:

The problem with online 'debates' about divisive topics like this is that it is too easy to hijack and sidetrack a conversation from its OP, or the primary message behind the OP, in this case the cause behind NFL players kneeling in protest during the anthem, and others who are supporting them. Instead we are talking about one specific case in one specific town.

Instead of talking about solutions, we talk specific talking points and a specific high profile case. Instead of discussing a way to end systemic institutional racism so there are equal opportunity for everyone regardless of so called 'classes'; how to fix the justice system so no matter how poor you are, what color you skin is, what your nationality is you get equal justice, and that justice is based on a system of reform and improvement of the human condition; to improve our education system so it isn't based on how wealthy your neighborhood is; to treat our environment and Mother earth with respect for her natural resources and move to clean renewable energy, local sustainable food sources, etc etc etc. other solutions.

Please remember that the construct of 'race' is a made up term, and became more 'popular' as a needed justification of slavery in European colonies, and even more so in the the USA after independence (Manifest Destiny anyone), as they had to fight back against increase calls for equality and the abolition of slavery. IF you can convince enough people that a human isn't exactly the same type of human because of their skin color you can have an easier time to justify their enslavement.

Lastly, stop focusing on the fucking trees and look at the forest folks. We ALL improve as a species on this little rock we live on in the infinite universe when we all value each other, and every single atom on this little rock that we call home. We all made of the same shit, exploded fucking stardust. Let's treat each other the same then, and truly work towards ensuring that everyone has the same opportunity, regardless of the tone the stardust appears to take on our skin.
Bradley, we're on the same page.