Belated R.I.P., Jacques Ysaye ...

... composer of hockey's most beloved tune ... :cry:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Creator Of Whalers Theme Song, 'Brass Bonanza', Dies At 94
By Sandra Gomez-Aceves
July 10, 2017, 11:02 PM

When the Whalers left Hartford in 1997 many of the team's defining characteristics remained. The green and blue logo, the top-selling merchandise, die-hard fans and a love for the team's theme song, "Brass Bonanza."

Today, 20 years later, the Yard Goats play it as they enter the field at Dunkin' Donuts Park. The song is also often played at Fenway Park after a Red Sox batter hits a home run, and many Whalers fans still have it played at their weddings.

On July 4, the song's composer, Jacques Ysaye, also known as Jack Say, died at age 94 in Brussels, according to a post on his Facebook page.

Ysaye told The Courant's Jeff Jacobs in 2010 that he did not name the catchy tune "Brass Bonanza" when he wrote it in the 1970s. ...

"The original title was 'Evening Beat,' but I don't know why the editor changed it," Ysaye told Jacobs. "My pseudonym is Jack Say and I was arranger and conductor of the recording orchestra."

Although it's well-known and often played by college bands at sports events, Ysaye told Jacobs he had never received royalties. ...

Read more at: http://www.courant.com/breaking-news/hc ... story.html
[youtube][/youtube]

Re: Belated R.I.P., Jacques Ysaye ...

Turk Sanderson wrote:
JMC-STL wrote:NO CONTEST! The Marx Bros. could whip The Stooge-heads any day even if Moe, Larry & Curly were teamed with Bigfoot. Biggie & His Boyz ain't got the chops for either biting sarcasm OR sardonic wit.
Maybe not, but if you piss him off, Bigfoot will bite your head off...let's see Groucho do that.
Spread out!!!
Forget that candy-assed shit.
Just play "Pop Goes the Weasel" on a phonograph and all the Marx Brothers suddenly have two Xs for eyes.

Why, I oughta...!!!!!