Re: If you die.

Should we be making this part of our Advance Directive? And will it require said loved one to establish their own BNF account, or will T.C. allow his current members to pass along their user names & passwords to next of kin for their act of notification? And what if Turk has no loved one to make you acutely aware of his untimely demise? This is all very sudden.

JMC-STL wrote:Should we be making this part of our Advance Directive? And will it require said loved one to establish their own BNF account, or will T.C. allow his current members to pass along their user names & passwords to next of kin for their act of notification? And what if Turk has no loved one to make you acutely aware of his untimely demise? This is all very sudden.
I ain't dead,yet....but this sinus infection that I've got makes me wish that I was sometimes.

Turk Sanderson wrote:
JMC-STL wrote:Should we be making this part of our Advance Directive? And will it require said loved one to establish their own BNF account, or will T.C. allow his current members to pass along their user names & passwords to next of kin for their act of notification? And what if Turk has no loved one to make you acutely aware of his untimely demise? This is all very sudden.
I ain't dead,yet....but this sinus infection that I've got makes me wish that I was sometimes.
Please do The Cap'n a favor, and update your Advance Directive before you run out of Kleenex.

JMC-STL wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote:
Please do The Cap'n a favor, and update your Advance Directive before you run out of Kleenex.
Kleenex?...this is one of those paper towel deals.

Turk Sanderson wrote:
JMC-STL wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote: I ain't dead,yet....but this sinus infection that I've got makes me wish that I was sometimes.
Kleenex?...this is one of those paper towel deals.
Just go to a fancy restaurant & use the linen tablecloth. Easier on the old proboscis.

CaptSMRT wrote:... I have a feeling someone who used to post here may have passed, and I have no way of knowing.
Maybe they are undead. Just be sure to answer when you hear scratching and moaning at your front door. You'll recognize the sounds - just like the ones you hear on the inside of the doors at every club you play.

JMC-STL wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:... I have a feeling someone who used to post here may have passed, and I have no way of knowing.
Maybe they are undead. Just be sure to answer when you hear scratching and moaning at your front door. You'll recognize the sounds - just like the ones you hear on the inside of the doors at every club you play.
Nah... those are just the voices of the drunken midget prostitutes that people keep dumping on his front porch.

FederkoSutterHunter wrote:I know at least for email accounts some people designate someone to let people know if they pass. Usually a close relative.

I suppose they could do the same thing for this board.
Someone should create an app that automatically notifies everyone on each of your contact lists & social media "friends" & any other life-essential outlets when you shuffle off your mortal coil. Maybe it could be tied to your Fitbit. Get 'er done, Google Play!

JMC-STL wrote:
FederkoSutterHunter wrote:I know at least for email accounts some people designate someone to let people know if they pass. Usually a close relative.

I suppose they could do the same thing for this board.
Someone should create an app that automatically notifies everyone on each of your contact lists & social media "friends" & any other life-essential outlets when you shuffle off your mortal coil. Maybe it could be tied to your Fitbit. Get 'er done, Google Play!
Good idea. With all the tech dorks out there I'm surprised it's not already on Google Play!

CaptSMRT wrote:Have a loved one post in here. I have a feeling someone who used to post here may have passed, and I have no way of knowing.
All joking aside, this is a really good idea CaptSMRT. I need to let my wife know to post something here if I go first. Hell, you guys will care more than most people I know.

If I die probably no one on this forum would find out. I have a ladyfriend, and two sisters and a brother. But they're all really too busy for me to bother them with that. If I get very sick, I'd probably ask to use a computer in the hospital, or tell one of those who I mentioned above, to post a notice on this forum. Once they do that, I'd just tell them to post another when I die. But, as of now, If I'm going to be of for a long period, and I can get to a computer, I'd just make a short post saying so. If you all don't see a post from me for 2+ months, you can bet I died or joined a cult. Most of my close family has lived into their 90s, with a couple making it past 100. So, I expect to be around at least another 20 years and possibly 30-35 more. Will I still be a Blues fan after 80+ years? Probably. The only question is whether or not they'll have won The Stanley Cup by then. Let's hope so.

barcthespark wrote:All joking aside, this is a really good idea CaptSMRT. I need to let my wife know to post something here if I go first. Hell, you guys will care more than most people I know.
Don't flatter yourself, barc'. :|

JMC-STL wrote:
barcthespark wrote:All joking aside, this is a really good idea CaptSMRT. I need to let my wife know to post something here if I go first. Hell, you guys will care more than most people I know.
Don't flatter yourself, barc'. :|
I have to, nobody else will. I tell ya I get no respect! :lol:

T.C. wrote:i pay for this site quarterly, so if i die, you'd find out within three months when the site runs out of bytes.
Time for The Cap'n to crank up the gain on his "How many Blues fans does it take?" thread, then. I can sense you're starting to falter.

Robb_K wrote:If I die probably no one on this forum would find out. I have a ladyfriend, and two sisters and a brother. But they're all really too busy for me to bother them with that. If I get very sick, I'd probably ask to use a computer in the hospital, or tell one of those who I mentioned above, to post a notice on this forum. Once they do that, I'd just tell them to post another when I die. But, as of now, If I'm going to be of for a long period, and I can get to a computer, I'd just make a short post saying so. If you all don't see a post from me for 2+ months, you can bet I died or joined a cult. Most of my close family has lived into their 90s, with a couple making it past 100. So, I expect to be around at least another 20 years and possibly 30-35 more. Will I still be a Blues fan after 80+ years? Probably. The only question is whether or not they'll have won The Stanley Cup by then. Let's hope so.
Eat your Wheaties!!!