OT: HFBoards

I know a few of y'all post over hfboards and I'm curious as to how you got in over there?
Do you have to know someone? Is there a magic word or phrase?
I've tried registering 3 times in the past week and the next day I go in and my name can't be found.
It says the admin has to approve it but how long does this take?
If it makes a difference, I'm doing all this on a phone as opposed to a computer.
Thanks for any info!!!!

Re: OT: HFBoards

I started there in early 2007. As I remember, anyone could start the trial period as soon as approved. The approval period was about 2-3 days before the e-mail came with the link to activate your account. I believe it was 30 (or possibly 90 days) on probation. If you behave well, following the rules(no personal threats, no trolling, no going off topic, no personal advertising, no providing links for others to watch games illegally, etc., you become a full member, and can start threads and use an avatar, and do other things that you couldn't during your trial period.

T.C. wrote:i just assume everyone reads every section. if not, shrug.
You know what happens when you assume. You make an ass out of u and me.
Ok for reelzies though. Once a user name is created at "HF" do they send a confirmation email or anything? I just don't want to keep creating emails then get suspended for having multiple usernames.
Oh, and I usually never go into any forum but the hockey forum at other boards. Never really thought about talking about normal shit. Just sports.

blue to the bone wrote:
Ok for reelzies though. Once a user name is created at "HF" do they send a confirmation email or anything? I just don't want to keep creating emails then get suspended for having multiple usernames.
Oh, and I usually never go into any forum but the hockey forum at other boards. Never really thought about talking about normal shit. Just sports.
Talking about normal shit is totally okay. So is talking about abnormal shit. You can even talk about shit. I like to keep close watch on my movements, I'm well versed. The governing dynamic of life is trying stuff, ask Jay McClement, it works for him. Most of all try to get along, it was the one thing Rodney King asked us to do, and we owe it to him to give it a wack.

CaptSMRT wrote:
blue to the bone wrote:
Talking about normal shit is totally okay. So is talking about abnormal shit. You can even talk about shit. I like to keep close watch on my movements, I'm well versed. The governing dynamic of life is trying stuff, ask Jay McClement, it works for him. Most of all try to get along, it was the one thing Rodney King asked us to do, and we owe it to him to give it a wack.
You are quite the political presence. I for one feel lucky to even read your brilliance from day to day. Don't worry bout me, I'll make sure to get along with everyone and do exactly what you say. I don't want to end up like others who don't respect what you say. Concentration camps wouldn't suit me well.
You are obviously powerful and influential and I appreciate your hard work keeping us savages in line.
I promise to never ever post an "OT" topic in anything but the "OT" forum. You've opened my eyes to it's glorious wonder.
Thank you for setting me straight. I'm better for it..... Sir!

blue to the bone wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:
blue to the bone wrote: You know what happens when you assume. You make an ass out of u and me.
You are quite the political presence. I for one feel lucky to even read your brilliance from day to day. Don't worry bout me, I'll make sure to get along with everyone and do exactly what you say. I don't want to end up like others who don't respect what you say. Concentration camps wouldn't suit me well.
You are obviously powerful and influential and I appreciate your hard work keeping us savages in line.
I promise to never ever post an "OT" topic in anything but the "OT" forum. You've opened my eyes to it's glorious wonder.
Thank you for setting me straight. I'm better for it..... Sir!

I was in LA during the riots sport...the only thing I could concentrate on...was not getting killed...by the long lines at Disney World.

CaptSMRT wrote: I was in LA during the riots sport...the only thing I could concentrate on...was not getting killed...by the long lines at Disney World.
Ha! Ha! L.A. and their cops....now THERE'S a topic! I have walked around in war zones and combat zones during revolutions and civil wars (in Lebanon, Syria, Palestine (West Bank), The Sudan, and others, and saw machine gunning and bombs exploding nearby. And I was held by borderguards on the East/West German border, and Israeli/Palestinian border, and stopped by German, Turkish, Morroccan police, and German police at a robbery scene (my own house). I even had my money and passport stolen in Spain, by a robber/mugger. And yet, I have never been held at gunpoint on any of those occasions. I HAVE been held at gunpoint 3 times in my life. ALL 3 by L.A. City cops. Had I had black or dark skin, I'm convinced I would be dead now, murdered at age 17 by an L.A. City cop. :evil:

Turk Sanderson wrote:
T.C. wrote:wow, holy crap robb, that speaks volumes. sounds like you could write a book. i'd be into hearing those stories.
Like I said before...that Dos Equis guy, he wishes he was Robb K.
That's no shit! He's seen all that and all I can say I've seen is....... Graceland.....

blue to the bone wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote:
T.C. wrote:wow, holy crap robb, that speaks volumes. sounds like you could write a book. i'd be into hearing those stories.
Like I said before...that Dos Equis guy, he wishes he was Robb K.
That's no shit! He's seen all that and all I can say I've seen is....... Graceland.....
Yeah... but he won't have the BNF Party Suite on his resume... or will he???

Turk Sanderson wrote:
blue to the bone wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote: Like I said before...that Dos Equis guy, he wishes he was Robb K.
We could leave a seat empty for him, like a "Missing Man" tribute. Except someone else would get his 1/3rd-bottle of beer allotment. It's only fair.

JMC-STL wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote:
blue to the bone wrote: That's no shit! He's seen all that and all I can say I've seen is....... Graceland.....
We could leave a seat empty for him, like a "Missing Man" tribute. Except someone else would get his 1/3rd-bottle of beer allotment. It's only fair.
Good idea... I was thinking it would be cool to have Siberian Tiger in the house... but Trump will be in charge by then... so that probably wouldn't work.

Turk Sanderson wrote:
JMC-STL wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote: Yeah... but he won't have the BNF Party Suite on his resume... or will he???
Good idea... I was thinking it would be cool to have Siberian Tiger in the house... but Trump will be in charge by then... so that probably wouldn't work.
Maybe we should pour his beer ration out. You know, like pouring one for my homies. Or we cold just bring a cardboard cutout Rob. Rob, we need a good photo of you for your cardboard you.

blue to the bone wrote:... Or we cold just bring a cardboard cutout Rob. Rob, we need a good photo of you for your cardboard you.
I figger we can just use the image in Robb's signature line to make a likeness of his head. For a man of his advanced ... maturity, it's the only thing that's left workin' right anyway.

JMC-STL wrote:
blue to the bone wrote:... Or we cold just bring a cardboard cutout Rob. Rob, we need a good photo of you for your cardboard you.
I figger we can just use the image in Robb's signature line to make a likeness of his head. For a man of his advanced ... maturity, it's the only thing that's left workin' right anyway.
We could do a Robb_K portrait contest.