Re: How many Blues fans does it take?

CaptSMRT wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:46 pm
JMC-STL wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:45 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:07 amThe bigger the jerk in high school...the wider the trailer in adulthood
So you've given up on future gigs in Southern Illinois? The Rev & his flock ain't NEVER comin' to one of your sets with social commentary that hits so close to manufactured home.
I'm already not welcome in Effingham.
A winning outcome for both sides.

CaptSMRT wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:07 amThe bigger the jerk in high school...the wider the trailer in adulthood
So you've given up on future gigs in Southern Illinois? The Rev & his flock ain't NEVER comin' to one of your sets with social commentary that hits so close to manufactured home.
If there's anything that you don't make fun of in Effingham, it's their meth or their cross, out by the highway.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:50 pm
If there's anything that you don't make fun of in Effingham, it's their meth or their cross, out by the highway.
Never explain the irony of Lot's daughters either.

CaptSMRT wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:45 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:46 pmI'm already not welcome in Effingham.
I reckon they wouldn't take too kindly, then, to your twist on Jonah being swallowed by a sperm whale.

JMC-STL wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:36 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:45 pm
I reckon they wouldn't take too kindly, then, to your twist on Jonah being swallowed by a sperm whale.
Little known Bible facts from Turk's Bible's Book of Genesis:
After Lot's wife was turned into a pillar of salt, Lot ran back and snapped her arms and a foot off and took them with him. He used pieces of them for years to enhance the flavor of his famous roast Camel dish "Tenderloin ala Edith"... God wasn't happy about this, so he turned what was left of her into marble so that no one else could use her for seasoning or pickling. Many years later a Greek art school drop-out named Alexandros of Antioch found her and proclaimed that he had carved her. He named her Aphrodite Goddess of Love. These days she's in the Louvre, and is known as Venus de Milo.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:24 amLittle known Bible facts from Turk's Bible's Book of Genesis:
After Lot's wife was turned into a pillar of salt, Lot ran back and snapped her arms and a foot off and took them with him. He used pieces of them for years to enhance the flavor of his famous roast Camel dish "Tenderloin ala Edith"... God wasn't happy about this, so he turned what was left of her into marble so that no one else could use her for seasoning or pickling. Many years later a Greek art school drop-out named Alexandros of Antioch found her and proclaimed that he had carved her. He named her Aphrodite Goddess of Love. These days she's in the Louvre, and is known as Venus de Milo.
Is Turk's Bible available in an audio format? I have a seemingly illiterate sister-in-law whose current collection of alternate universe theories could use some freshening up.

CaptSMRT wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:57 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:23 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:53 pm
Bad acoustics. If they are going to use you guys to help sell food and drinks, they should at least have some kind of a setup where you can walk away with an audible recording of your performance.
The sound guy did not have the mic high enough.
I don't think that Jesus would have had any apostles if his sound guys were as bad as some of yours. Certainly no-one would have written books about him.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:00 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:57 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:23 pm

Bad acoustics. If they are going to use you guys to help sell food and drinks, they should at least have some kind of a setup where you can walk away with an audible recording of your performance.
The sound guy did not have the mic high enough.
I don't think that Jesus would have had any apostles if his sound guys were as bad as some of yours. Certainly no-one would have written books about him.
They had a sound guy there...but he didn't even turn the mic on until the third comic.

CaptSMRT wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:28 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:57 pmThe sound guy did not have the mic high enough.
They had a sound guy there...but he didn't even turn the mic on until the third comic.
WWJD? Recruit 12 sound guys, treat them to supper, and send them all to a fucking training class!

JMC-STL wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:02 am
WWJD? Recruit 12 sound guys, treat them to supper, and send them all to a fucking training class!
With half of America unemployed, right now, it shouldn’t be that hard to come up with a sound guy that’s can flip a switch when it’s time. SMFH

Turk Sanderson wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:36 am
JMC-STL wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:02 am
With half of America unemployed, right now, it shouldn’t be that hard to come up with a sound guy that’s can flip a switch when it’s time. SMFH
I need a dedicated camera instead of using my phone. I am pretty sure the case mutes the mic too. Media production is a bitch.

People complaining about Ellen being mean needs to stop. Go be a rich person and let me see how nice you are to peasants before I listen to any more of your crap. The whole point of being rich is to have the power to treat people like crap...and maybe throw them a big tip or don't. If you think she is a terrible boss...quit. News flash...everyone hates their boss...and if they don't ...fuck them. All of the people complaining about Ellen would kill a teenager for leaving one fry out of their value meal, so stop crying that the rich lady made you chew gum because your breath stinks.
Last edited by CaptSMRT on Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CaptSMRT wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:26 pmPeople complaining about Ellen being mean needs to stop. Go be a rich person and let me see how nice you are to peasants before I listen to any more of your crap. The whole point of being rich is to have the power to treat people like crap...and maybe throw them a big tip or don't. If you think she is a terrible boss...quit. News flash...everyone hates their boss...and if they don't ...fuck them. All of the people complaining about Ellen would kill a teenager for leaving one fry out of their value meal, so stop crying that the rich lady made you chew gum because your breath stinks.
Your pro-Ellen narrative might have worked, UNTIL the recent revelation that she was a bully as a teen as well. Bitch for life.

JMC-STL wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:00 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:26 pmPeople complaining about Ellen being mean needs to stop. Go be a rich person and let me see how nice you are to peasants before I listen to any more of your crap. The whole point of being rich is to have the power to treat people like crap...and maybe throw them a big tip or don't. If you think she is a terrible boss...quit. News flash...everyone hates their boss...and if they don't ...fuck them. All of the people complaining about Ellen would kill a teenager for leaving one fry out of their value meal, so stop crying that the rich lady made you chew gum because your breath stinks.
Your pro-Ellen narrative might have worked, UNTIL the recent revelation that she was a bully as a teen as well. Bitch for life.

Everyone thinks they would be the good rich person....but if that were true there would be less greed in the world.

CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:31 am
Everyone thinks they would be the good rich person....but if that were true there would be less greed in the world.
Praise be ... have you been watching The Rev's TDC webcasts?