Re: Favorite Movie

rcbcmr wrote:Once apon a ttime in the west. Fonda, Bronson, and Robarts. Directed by Leone. Speggetti western at its best. Writen to explain the man with no name (Easteood) series. Eastwood was busy so they replaced home with Bronson. From the opening to close the best movie ever.

On a side note a movie you probably don't remember. I just saw the other day. I watched it a lot on HBO when it came out was Citizen X.

To me its the best movie Donald Sutherland was in. It based on a true stories about a Russian serial killer who had 52 victims. Sutherland plays a dry witted officer. Its a very good thought provoking movie.

Had to find it on YouTube.
My fave also...along with Casablanca, of course.
Jill: "Cheyenne"
Cheyenne "Huh?"
Jill: "What's he waiting for out there...what's he doing?"
Cheyenne: "He's whittlin' on a piece of wood...I got a feelin' when he stops whittlin', somethin's gonna happen."
So many great lines...as does Casablanca.

Turk Sanderson wrote:
rcbcmr wrote:Once apon a ttime in the west. Fonda, Bronson, and Robarts. Directed by Leone. Speggetti western at its best. Writen to explain the man with no name (Easteood) series. Eastwood was busy so they replaced home with Bronson. From the opening to close the best movie ever.

On a side note a movie you probably don't remember. I just saw the other day. I watched it a lot on HBO when it came out was Citizen X.

To me its the best movie Donald Sutherland was in. It based on a true stories about a Russian serial killer who had 52 victims. Sutherland plays a dry witted officer. Its a very good thought provoking movie.

Had to find it on YouTube.
My fave also...along with Casablanca, of course.
Jill: "Cheyenne"
Cheyenne "Huh?"
Jill: "What's he waiting for out there...what's he doing?"
Cheyenne: "He's whittlin' on a piece of wood...I got a feelin' when he stops whittlin', somethin's gonna happen."
So many great lines...as does Casablanca.
So many good lines in that movie. Mine changes every time I watch it. Right now I think its when harmonica shoots the two guys on horseback and Cheyenne says "he not only plays he can shoot to". My favorite line by Jill is in the bar when she ask for a bath and the bartender says she's lucky only three people have used it. Her reply "used it one at a time or all together?"

rcbcmr wrote:You never see Rocky Horror Picture Show on these threads. Bet I've seen that on seventy times.

Meatloaf on turkey night.
I haven't been that many times. I think it is a great movie. I love it. Not enough Sweet Transvestites in movies these days.

JMC-STL wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:... Not enough Sweet Transvestites in movies these days.
You're just not visiting the right movie theaters, then.

I prefer the AMC Fork and Spoon up on Olive...seasonal Schlafly selections on draft.

CaptSMRT wrote:I watched "The Impossible", the movie about the tsunami that hit Thailand. GOD DAMN....hard to watch...but good.
I watched that for the first time a few months ago...it got to me too. My eyes watered up a couple of times.

Doug Glatt wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:All of the people who are complaining about Back To the Future Day...can suck my butt molecules. How often does something fun like this happen?
Timecop in 2004?
Ron Silver is dead...five years later.

JMC-STL wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:
JMC-STL wrote:Damn you, Capt. - now you ruined the ending for me!
Freddy never really dies.
26994891-A-close-up-portrait-of-an-elderly-mad-crazy-looking-desperate-man-pulling-out-his-hair-in-despair-is-Stock-Photo[1].jpg

Darth Vader is Luke's Dad.

CaptSMRT wrote:
JMC-STL wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote: Freddy never really dies.
26994891-A-close-up-portrait-of-an-elderly-mad-crazy-looking-desperate-man-pulling-out-his-hair-in-despair-is-Stock-Photo[1].jpg
HAH - I already knew that! Now I've just gotta figger out who "Rosebud" was.

JMC-STL wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:
JMC-STL wrote:
HAH - I already knew that! Now I've just gotta figger out who "Rosebud" was.
She is a 70 year old hooker who works the corner up at Taylor and Greer.

CaptSMRT wrote:
JMC-STL wrote:... Now I've just gotta figger out who "Rosebud" was.
Just my speed. Does she take food stamps? For soft foods, of course.

JMC-STL wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:
JMC-STL wrote:... Now I've just gotta figger out who "Rosebud" was.
Just my speed. Does she take food stamps? For soft foods, of course.
All things are negotiable on the streets...and then you meet Jesus.