Editing new topic posts

I have noticed that when I start a new topic/thread I loose the ability to go back and edit that original post once the topic has been commented on. Is there some way to change that? I've only wanted to change/modify something once, but I couldn't.

No big deal. I'm just one of those people that if I realize I made an error (I'm my own grammar/spelling nazi) I want to fix it.

Thanks.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

Re: Editing new topic posts

a comment isn't the trigger, it's time-based - 10 minutes. i'm open to pushing that out some, but i don't want to end up with a site where someone gets pissy and goes back and deletes everything they said on their way out. not going to re-write forum history here. what's your suggestion?

Re: Editing new topic posts

I don't know. I just know that sometimes I see something later that I got wrong and would like to change it. As far as a time frame, that is something I hadn't considered. Would something like 24 or 36 hours be out of the question? I understand not wanting someone to 'rewrite history.' I would never even consider doing something like that, but I guess there are those that would.

I appreciate your quick response and will respect your decision.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!