Images in signatures

#1
first of all, if your image is hosted on photobucket, due to their recent changes, they do not show up properly on 3rd-party sites unless you pay them. i'm looking at you robb_k and DPW. your signatures have thus been deleted. please find a new host or don't include an image. i recommend imgur. but if you have an image hosted on photobucket, they are not going to work on other sites going forward. things like this are the primary reason i demand all inline images be attachments and not links.

secondly, i will be setting some guidelines on images in sigs once the redesign is complete. haven't really had any issues yet, but just want to make sure they aren't too tall if you must include one.

thanks!

Re: Images in signatures

#5
I went to IMGUR and signed up. But, I haven't been able to figure out how to upload photos on it. I'm over 70, and terrible with technology. We didn't even have TV when I was young, and I didn't get a personal computer until 2001, when I was well over 50.

I'm in the middle of a couple of separate crunch projects for my most important clients. So, I can't deal with spending a bunch of time trying to figure out how IMGUR works. It seems to be a LOT more complicated than Photobucket and ImageShack were. I probably won't have any "breathing time" until I return to The Netherlands near the beginning of September. I'm in Munich, working intensely with my main partners on an animated feature film.

Re: Images in signatures

#7
Robb_K wrote:I went to IMGUR and signed up. But, I haven't been able to figure out how to upload photos on it. I'm over 70, and terrible with technology. We didn't even have TV when I was young, and I didn't get a personal computer until 2001, when I was well over 50.

I'm in the middle of a couple of separate crunch projects for my most important clients. So, I can't deal with spending a bunch of time trying to figure out how IMGUR works. It seems to be a LOT more complicated than Photobucket and ImageShack were. I probably won't have any "breathing time" until I return to The Netherlands near the beginning of September. I'm in Munich, working intensely with my main partners on an animated feature film.
IF you need an extra, I've been told that I'm pretty animated so would love to help out ;)

Best of luck on the projects and looking forward to your input again in the fall!

Re: Images in signatures

#10
Turk Sanderson wrote:
T.C. wrote:sounds pretty awesome robb! i think we can all live without your sig image for a while. :)

good luck, keep us posted!
Just use this one, for now.
Robbwannabe.jpg
Ha! Ha! Yes, I've been accused of keeping my alter ego identity of Red Green a secret. But, I was nicknamed "Red" (for my red hair), and was wearing plaid wool shirts and trying to tape things together long before he was, and before duct tape existed. He's a phony anyway. He was a city boy, raised in the Greater Toronto Area suburbs. While I grew up in the last Winnipeg suburb next to the woods, with our backyard backed up on a creek. I was also saying "Keep your stick on the ice." long before Red Green. That was one of my father's 2 favourite sayings. The other one was: "Don't tell your mother!" :lol:

Re: Images in signatures

#11
Robb_K wrote:... I was nicknamed "Red" (for my red hair), and was wearing plaid wool shirts and trying to tape things together long before he was, and before duct tape existed. He's a phony anyway. He was a city boy, raised in the Greater Toronto Area suburbs. While I grew up in the last Winnipeg suburb next to the woods, with our backyard backed up on a creek. I was also saying "Keep your stick on the ice." long before Red Green. ...
Seems all you were missing, then, was a basement full of Northwoods misfits and a catchy Latin phrase ... "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" ...

Re: Images in signatures

#12
Robb_K wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote:
T.C. wrote:sounds pretty awesome robb! i think we can all live without your sig image for a while. :)

good luck, keep us posted!
Just use this one, for now.
Robbwannabe.jpg
Ha! Ha! Yes, I've been accused of keeping my alter ego identity of Red Green a secret. But, I was nicknamed "Red" (for my red hair), and was wearing plaid wool shirts and trying to tape things together long before he was, and before duct tape existed. He's a phony anyway. He was a city boy, raised in the Greater Toronto Area suburbs. While I grew up in the last Winnipeg suburb next to the woods, with our backyard backed up on a creek. I was also saying "Keep your stick on the ice." long before Red Green. That was one of my father's 2 favourite sayings. The other one was: "Don't tell your mother!" :lol:
You don't also have a weird nephew named Harold, do you?

Re: Images in signatures

#13
Turk Sanderson wrote:
Robb_K wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote: Just use this one, for now.
Robbwannabe.jpg
Ha! Ha! Yes, I've been accused of keeping my alter ego identity of Red Green a secret. But, I was nicknamed "Red" (for my red hair), and was wearing plaid wool shirts and trying to tape things together long before he was, and before duct tape existed. He's a phony anyway. He was a city boy, raised in the Greater Toronto Area suburbs. While I grew up in the last Winnipeg suburb next to the woods, with our backyard backed up on a creek. I was also saying "Keep your stick on the ice." long before Red Green. That was one of my father's 2 favourite sayings. The other one was: "Don't tell your mother!" :lol:
You don't also have a weird nephew named Harold, do you?
No! My only nephew is "David", and thank goodness he's not a half-wit! :lol:

Re: Images in signatures

#14
Hi T.C. I have now opened a membership in a new 3rd Party Hosting website. So, I can now add a new picture in my profile's signature. But, when I used the image tool in the profile edit mode, and got the [IMG][IMG] designations, and placed my photo's URL between, I just get the word "picture" or "page" showing up in my signature, instead of the photo. My photo is fairly small in size and number of pixels. So, size shouldn't be an issue. How can I get my photo to show up in my signature?

Re: True or False

#17
Robb_K wrote:
JMC-STL wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote:Nah, I shoveled enough horseshit when I was a kid at my uncles boarding stable...
And yet you STILL shovel it daily on BNF. The thrill never fades.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I left you a little something in the images and signatures thread.

Re: True or False

#18
Turk Sanderson wrote:
Robb_K wrote:
JMC-STL wrote: And yet you STILL shovel it daily on BNF. The thrill never fades.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I left you a little something in the images and signatures thread.
Yet another turd for the BNF punchbowl.

Re: True or False

#19
Turk Sanderson wrote:
Robb_K wrote:
JMC-STL wrote: And yet you STILL shovel it daily on BNF. The thrill never fades.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I left you a little something in the images and signatures thread.
Thanks. I have now uploaded that photo on a new 3rd party hosting site. I'll see if my copying the URL in my Signature box works.

Re: True or False

#20
Robb_K wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote:
Robb_K wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I left you a little something in the images and signatures thread.
Thanks. I have now uploaded that photo on a new 3rd party hosting site. I'll see if my copying the URL in my Signature box works.
Are you still useing an old Commodore or something, that you need a third party hosting sight for your signature pic? :lol:

Re: True or False

#21
Nope! Still doesn't work. I guess I'm using either this website's signature upload instructions incorrectly, or I'm not using the proper means to transfer the image I stored on the 3rd party website to my profile here. Or, I've placed my photo image in the wrong place on The 3rd party website. All this technology stuff is too much, and too different in each case, to get a handle on what's going on.

Re: True or False

#25
At least I've got a link to my picture there now. T.C. should now be able to tell me how to make the image appear on our Forum pages. It didn't work with my surrounding the URL address with [img URL [/img. What is this website tool for making images viewable? I see that we are not allowed to use "img"BB codes.
cron