Re: 2 SHOCKING stats!

Coaches' post-season records with their current teams (minimum of 20 games)

Sutter 41-23 .641
Quenneville 58-37 .611
Julien 57-40 .588
Babcock 64-52 .552
Vigneault 14-12 .538
Bordeau 11-10 .524
Therien 11-11 .500
McLellan 22-23 .489
Hitchcock 8-14 .364

insideout wrote:Coaches' post-season records with their current teams (minimum of 20 games)

Sutter 41-23 .641
Quenneville 58-37 .611
Julien 57-40 .588
Babcock 64-52 .552
Vigneault 14-12 .538
Bordeau 11-10 .524
Therien 11-11 .500
McLellan 22-23 .489
Hitchcock 8-14 .364
Looking for UMSL's silver lining,

the good news is that Hitch is not statistically significantly below 500 (11 - 11).

p = 0.54, Chi-squared test.

Yea!

WebSant wrote:
insideout wrote:Coaches' post-season records with their current teams (minimum of 20 games)

Sutter 41-23 .641
Quenneville 58-37 .611
Julien 57-40 .588
Babcock 64-52 .552
Vigneault 14-12 .538
Bordeau 11-10 .524
Therien 11-11 .500
McLellan 22-23 .489
Hitchcock 8-14 .364
Looking for UMSL's silver lining,

the good news is that Hitch is not statistically significantly below 500 (11 - 11).

p = 0.54, Chi-squared test.

Yea!
That is certainly due to the small sample size! :lol:

All it takes for Hitch to bring that record up is for the Blues to win a couple of rounds. I think that is more on the team than Hitch. I often wonder however, how well would Peter Laviolette do behind our bench with this team? I think it's amazing what he has done in Nashville this season. Would we be the same old Blues? Or would that change of style be all we need? I haven't given up on Hitch by a long shot. Just random thoughts.

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:The bad news is Hitch has failed in the playoffs since his Cup win in Dallas 16 years ago. And that team had Hull and Modano which makes it a hell of a lot easier to coach!

He failed in Philly, Columbus, & so far here.
He was just 1 win away from a Cup Finals appearance with Philly, losing to the eventual champs (Tampa). That's more than any Blues coach has been able to do in the last 30 years.

If the Blues don't make it past Minnesota this year then I do think it's time for a change behind the bench, but I'm not sure there is another available coach out there who would do better with this group of players than Hitch.

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:The bad news is Hitch has failed in the playoffs since his Cup win in Dallas 16 years ago. And that team had Hull and Modano which makes it a hell of a lot easier to coach!

I'm guessing you meant to imply that he had a lot more established talent to work with in Dallas (Which is certainly true), but Brett Hull never had the reputation of being 'easy to coach!'

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:I've heard many Blues fans bring up Dan Bylsma as coach if the Blues under perform this year. He won a cup, is young, and isn't a beached whale so that might be a better choice! :lol:
Why level a personal attack, backed by a laughing emo? I came here to get away from personal attacks and agenda's, so why start that stuff here?

Hockey Pete wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:I've heard many Blues fans bring up Dan Bylsma as coach if the Blues under perform this year. He won a cup, is young, and isn't a beached whale so that might be a better choice! :lol:
Why level a personal attack, backed by a laughing emo? I came here to get away from personal attacks and agenda's, so why start that stuff here?
He's clearly trolling.

If everyone just ignores him we'll all be better off.

You criticize Hitch for winning his cup with Hull and Madano, but fail to mention Bylsma won his with Malkin and Crosby.

I'm not sure why you hate Hitchcock so much.

I'd much rather have Hitchcock over Bylsma. I don't see that as a coaching upgrade.

Some more mind boggling stats I discovered today!

"Since 1986, the Blues have lost 11 of 12 best-of-seven series when tied at two games apiece, with the lone victory coming in the first round in 2001 against the San Jose Sharks." - ESPN

Blues all time playoff record is 146-182. They have won only 24 of 62 series all time.

Joe Nieuwendyk, Sergi Zubov, Ed Belfour, Jere Lehtinen , Jamie Langenbrunner