Re: NHL Offseason Trades/Signings Thread

BillP. wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:53 pm Kings are looking good these days. Fiala has really turned into a heck of a player. I guess that's a good deal. But without looking deep into this, I'm not convinced it was a good deal either - ha.
Hard to believe Fiala is only 25. I remember him being a rookie for the Preds against the Blues in the playoffs, but that feels like 100 years ago at this point.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

RAFritchey wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:00 pm
BluesSK wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:14 pm Good move for LA. Good luck on the rebuild Wild.
They're going to be in absolute cap hell for the next three seasons. Even if the cap goes up a little in the next two seasons after this one, they'll still likely have over 15% of the total cap as 'dead space' because of the Parise and Suter buyouts. Ouch!
They might as well rebuild with two powerhouse teams in the division still in their relative primes.

BillP. wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:01 am So DeBrincat could be on the trade block. Wonder what he'll fetch? Should be a ton. Hawks are fucked up :lol:
I wonder if they view him the same way the Avs viewed Duchene a few years ago. They held onto him a lot longer than people expected, but managed to haul in first round pick and 2 highly regarded prospects. 2 of those 3 (Girard and Byrum) were big parts of this year's team. The difference was that Duchene was miserable and everybody knew they had to trade him eventually.

DeBrincat has one more year left on his deal, but will still be an RFA next summer. I just assume they feel he's the only valuable trade piece they can actually move since Kane and Toews have NTCs, and DeBrincat is far more valuable than Toews anyway. They don't have a first round pick this year, so if they do move him I'd imagine it'd probably be over the next week or on the draft floor. Though maybe they're more interested in next year's draft class anyway.

BluesSK wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:28 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:39 pm Anybody here know of a team that could use a top 4 LD that is comfortable in a shutdown role?
Woah. That would be a good fit. But how do the Blues make it work?
I didn’t realize his cap is like 6.75M and I think 4 more years. He isn’t worth that. Especially at this stage of his career, he’ll be 33 next season. If we got him, how long you think it’d be before people complain about his contract - ha.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:20 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:15 am Why, in the year 2022, would a team that actually wants their goalie to stop pucks be interested in acquiring Matt Murray?

He's a PERFECT fit for Chicago or Arizona since they want their goalie to actively dodge pucks.
I’m sure they were going to get an asset for bringing in his contract
Yeah but the Leafs aren't exactly in a cap position to bring in a goalie on a not insignificant cap hit with 2 years left that they're not going to play. I hope they do it and every Toronto game is 8-7 next year.