Re: GDT: GM 6 St Louis Blues vs Avalanche - 7:00 5/27 - TNT

Parayko was in The Neutral Zone, and drifted back into his own zone before hoisting it over the glass. Why, oh why didn't he just knock it forward while still in The Neutral Zone? He was under pressure, but risking a penalty against The Avs could easily mean loss of the series.

And after heroic play by The Pkers, to almost kill it off, The Avs score with one second left, on a shot Husso should have stopped. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Ozzies09tc wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:43 pm What a disheartening way to lose. Late PP goal to tie it up on a fumbled puck play. just to relax and wait for OT when the avs didnt want to wait. We played valiantly.
It’s always bad when the game is tied late, I feel the edge goes to the road team and you could kind of see it. But in the final 2 minutes I liked the Blues push and started to feel confident we were going to get that OT goal. But we didn’t get there. Damn

Tough way to end the season.
Husso played well, but let in 2 weak goals. The Blues just can't keep up with Colorado's speed. With Krug out and Scandella out for most of the series, and Leddy missing a game or two, The Blues had real trouble getting the puck out of danger against the Avs relentless. smothering forecheck. With Binnington in with his good stick play, acting like a 3rd defenceman, at least they had a chance to enter The O-Zone on the rush and have at least a little chance to score. But with Husso in, despite his making lots of nice saves, they had very little chance to win. It's a shame Binnington got knocked out of the series. I really felt they were going to win it until Kadri ran into him. They were on their way to winning that game, too.