Re: GDT: GM 5 St Louis Blues at Colorado - 7:00 5/25 - TNT

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:31 pm I wonder if Bozie had a pisser chat with Chief between the 3rd and overtime periods.
He didn't need one. All The Avs had tired legs, and HE had fresh legs. He skated around them, and so, was wide open to get a shot off. It wasn't a spectacular shot (only 77 mph), And, I don't think Kuemper expected him to shoot it, and then when it arrived it was fluttering a bit, and Kuemper misplayed it. I think both Binnington and Husso would have stopped that shot.

Robb_K wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:30 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:14 pm Bitched about Tarasenko - scores a goal.
Bitched about Thomes - scores two goals.
Bitched about Bozak - scores game winner OT goal.

All in one thread.

NOICE!
Keep on bitchin'! Sayeth Mr. Natural! Is that a verb?
I started my playoff look early. I haven't had a haircut or a shave since the season began... I pretty much look like Mr Natural these days..

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:01 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:14 pm Bitched about Tarasenko - scores a goal.
Bitched about Thomes - scores two goals.
Bitched about Bozak - scores game winner OT goal.

All in one thread.

NOICE!
I started my playoff look early. I haven't had a haircut or a shave since the season began... I pretty much look like Mr Natural these days..
Then your playoff beard is longer than mine, for a change.
https://ibb.co/Dg6NVjp
Attachments
Avatar1.jpg Avatar1.jpg Viewed 4622 times 11.53 KiB

Robb_K wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:22 pm

Hey, that's an old picture.... That guy doesn't look a thing like Red Green. :lol:

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:35 pm
Robb_K wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:22 pm

Hey, that's an old picture.... That guy doesn't look a thing like Red Green. :lol:
Yep! I was 40 when that was taken. That was 35+ years ago. Red was a youngster back then. I'm almost 20 years older. He copied ME! My father told me to keep my stick on the ice long before he was even born. I started wearing a hat, overalls and plaid shirts, and had a gray moustache and beard long before he did. I probably used duct tape before him, too. And he's only an actor. A city slicker from Suburban Toronto. I grew up in Manitoba, next to a creek, with forest on the other side, and we had to shoo an adult moose out of our backyard.

So a question for Game 6 will be where Toropchenko finds himself in the lineup. For much of the second half of the game he found himself with Schenn and Tarasenko while Barbashev dropped down to the 4th line. Barbashev hasn't looked right most of the playoffs and he's the guy I most suspect is playing through a tough injury. In any event, I wonder if Toropchenko sticks with those two. His speed is a welcome fit on that line, and his direct game works well with anyone, really.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

i'm truly blown away. i was telling my wife when we were down 3-0 how i'm so sick of our soft and/or errant passes, how "dump & chase" only works i you have multiple players actually chase, how our fore- and back-checking is embarrassing, how thomas needs to get his head out of his ass and how i don't understand why chief keeps putting him out there, and how this is pretty much what we all knew would happen on paper - no one thought we had a real shot against the avs, but then binner was playing out of his mind and we actually looked like we did have a shot. without him, there was no hope.

then this shit happened.

that play from mckinnon where the it looked like the blues were all just watching him, then his incredible shot to complete the hat trick, was a thing of beauty, if it had not been against us. i figured that was the killer.

but i didn't account for the insane play of faulk in this game. he saved the game not once, not twice, but at least three different times.

then the save by... bortuzzo's?... hip.

and bozak, who played less than 8 minutes, goes out there and takes the avs to school. what an unbelievable game.

and yes, i think the "not getting past the 2nd round in 20 years" thing really does get in their head. if we manage to win game 6, anything can happen.

we simply cannot come out and allow the avs to double- and triple-team us on the forecheck and allow them to force us to make passes to no one. but i think we are in their fucking domes.

ROAR BACON!

Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:49 am Is Brown injured or something? I can’t imagine that he would be a worse choice than Kyrou at this point. Brown is big and fast and doesn’t get man-handled like Kyrou does. The Avs don’t seem to have an answer for Toropchenko’s board play, and Brown is a similar type player along the boards…. Kyrou looks like he’s in way over his head against the Avs.
There are times that Kyrou has gotten overpowered or outworked, but that's been happening all year. He also has 4 points in 5 games this series. Brown has the same characteristic that some on here despise in Parayko in that he's a big guy that's horrified to play physical. Parayko has looked great in my opinion on balance this series by the way. I think Brown would look like a deer in headlights out there, personally.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

insideout wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:42 am The Blues stole something special from 29 last night. A hat trick with an absolutely stunning goal in the last minutes to propel his team into R3 for the first time in 20 years. A historical performance and a great story, and the Blues pissed on it. That’s a thing of beauty. Regardless of whether they have enough to overcome the Avs, I like and appreciate this team.
I agree... no matter what they bought some credit with that win last night... now do it two more times and send that fucking twat Kadri out to whereever dickheads go on vaction.

insideout wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:42 am The Blues stole something special from 29 last night. A hat trick with an absolutely stunning goal in the last minutes to propel his team into R3 for the first time in 20 years. A historical performance and a great story, and the Blues pissed on it. That’s a thing of beauty. Regardless of whether they have enough to overcome the Avs, I like and appreciate this team.
Yes, they showed a lot of heart and soul! 3:1 down in the series, 3:0 down in the game, tie the game, unreal goal from 29, tie the game again, overtime win.
This team has a great character!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:58 am
Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:49 am Is Brown injured or something? I can’t imagine that he would be a worse choice than Kyrou at this point. Brown is big and fast and doesn’t get man-handled like Kyrou does. The Avs don’t seem to have an answer for Toropchenko’s board play, and Brown is a similar type player along the boards…. Kyrou looks like he’s in way over his head against the Avs.
There are times that Kyrou has gotten overpowered or outworked, but that's been happening all year. He also has 4 points in 5 games this series. Brown has the same characteristic that some on here despise in Parayko in that he's a big guy that's horrified to play physical. Parayko has looked great in my opinion on balance this series by the way. I think Brown would look like a deer in headlights out there, personally.
Kyrou has all the tools to be a Makar type of player that takes over games and puts the other team on their heels, but he doesn’t seem to give a shit enough to use those tools. He literally stood and watched MacKinnon go end to end on him, and did zero to try to stop him. He may have 4 points, but he should have that in a game with his speed and talent.