Re: GDT: GM 3 St Louis Blues vs Wild - 8:30 5/6 - TNT

Robb_K wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:25 pm This game is very frustrating. It's going to be tough to come back all the way in this game with only Parayko and Faulk as high-level defencemen, and their entire group of 5 defencemen left being very tired.
Yeah, Wild just out executing the Blues tonight. 2 early breakdowns allowed them to settle into a defensive game. Not a lot of puck moving D left standing to lead breakouts. Not ROR's best game either. Trying not to be pessimistic!
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

insideout wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:57 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:00 pm Outscored 10-3 since game 1. no big deal
Since winning the cup, they are 3-13 and outscored 63-26 in the postseason.
Yep, seems like we had our 1 miracle year and we’re back to Blues hockey. Doesn’t matter if we got a great team, something is going to fuck it up. Last year we got shelled with injuries in 1st rd too. Did we have the flu bug or something during the previous season against Vancouver too? That would be 3 years in a row. But that’s Blues hockey. Playoff disappointment rules. But like all those other years, I’m not giving up. Fight damn it, fight!!!!!

BillP. wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:57 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:00 pm Outscored 10-3 since game 1. no big deal
Yep, seems like we had our 1 miracle year and we’re back to Blues hockey. Doesn’t matter if we got a great team, something is going to fuck it up. Last year we got shelled with injuries in 1st rd too. Did we have the flu bug or something during the previous season against Vancouver too? That would be 3 years in a row. But that’s Blues hockey. Playoff disappointment rules. But like all those other years, I’m not giving up. Fight damn it, fight!!!!!
I concur. One question though..... The Blues were up 3-1 over Vancouver in round 1 in 2003, and then lost three straight. It was widely speculated that they were hit by a flu bug and shit the bed (maybe literally?) in that series. So, my question, then, is... did this maybe happen again 17 years later or is the past that much of a blur? I don't judge.... if it was indeed a blur, I'm right there with you.

insideout wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:10 am
BillP. wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:57 am

I concur. One question though..... The Blues were up 3-1 over Vancouver in round 1 in 2003, and then lost three straight. It was widely speculated that they were hit by a flu bug and shit the bed (maybe literally?) in that series. So, my question, then, is... did this maybe happen again 17 years later or is the past that much of a blur? I don't judge.... if it was indeed a blur, I'm right there with you.
Yeah, that was a long time ago with all our young pups and Andy Murray. We had that series in the bag until someone from the Canucks either food poisoned everyone or it was a flu bug.

BluesSK wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 9:56 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 9:33 am
BluesSK wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 12:09 amWe're toast.
win tomorrow’s game and we are right back where we need to be
Nah. Our defense is decimated. Just bad luck.
The defense has been toast all year, that’s nothing new. It’s the offense that carried the team this year that’s suddenly gone quiet that is the current issue. No reason they can’t figure it out next game
Just a Russian propaganda account