Re: GDT: GM 3 St Louis Blues vs Wild - 8:30 5/6 - TNT

BluesSK wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:33 am
insideout wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:10 am
BillP. wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:57 am

Yep, seems like we had our 1 miracle year and we’re back to Blues hockey. Doesn’t matter if we got a great team, something is going to fuck it up. Last year we got shelled with injuries in 1st rd too. Did we have the flu bug or something during the previous season against Vancouver too? That would be 3 years in a row. But that’s Blues hockey. Playoff disappointment rules. But like all those other years, I’m not giving up. Fight damn it, fight!!!!!
I concur. One question though..... The Blues were up 3-1 over Vancouver in round 1 in 2003, and then lost three straight. It was widely speculated that they were hit by a flu bug and shit the bed (maybe literally?) in that series. So, my question, then, is... did this maybe happen again 17 years later or is the past that much of a blur? I don't judge.... if it was indeed a blur, I'm right there with you.
Yeah, that was a long time ago with all our young pups and Andy Murray. We had that series in the bag until someone from the Canucks either food poisoned everyone or it was a flu bug.
You're talking '09. I'm talking '03. It was the end of the a great run (late '90s/early '00s) Q was coaching and he was fired during the following season. The thing that I remember the most about the '03 playoffs (other than coughing up a 3-1 lead) was our bad-ass rookie Barret Jackman getting manhandled by Todd Bertuzi night after night.

See: https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/canuck ... e-1.381382

BillP. wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:57 am
insideout wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:57 pm

Since winning the cup, they are 3-13 and outscored 63-26 in the postseason.
Yep, seems like we had our 1 miracle year and we’re back to Blues hockey. Doesn’t matter if we got a great team, something is going to fuck it up. Last year we got shelled with injuries in 1st rd too. Did we have the flu bug or something during the previous season against Vancouver too? That would be 3 years in a row. But that’s Blues hockey. Playoff disappointment rules. But like all those other years, I’m not giving up. Fight damn it, fight!!!!!
I concur. One question though..... The Blues were up 3-1 over Vancouver in round 1 in 2003, and then lost three straight. It was widely speculated that they were hit by a flu bug and shit the bed (maybe literally?) in that series. So, my question, then, is... did this maybe happen again 17 years later or is the past that much of a blur? I don't judge.... if it was indeed a blur, I'm right there with you.
Yeah, Blues had that series against Canucks. Not only did the team get its energy sapped with the flu, MacInnis got the eye injury in that series and his career was over. Plus, both the Red Wings and Avalanche got knocked out in the first round so the path was wide open. And our boy Chris Osgood wasn’t the answer we hoped he’d be. The whole series ended up an utter fiasco. Vintage Blues hockey at its best!!

insideout wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 1:13 pm
BluesSK wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:33 am

Yeah, that was a long time ago with all our young pups and Andy Murray. We had that series in the bag until someone from the Canucks either food poisoned everyone or it was a flu bug.
You're talking '09. I'm talking '03. It was the end of the a great run (late '90s/early '00s) Q was coaching and he was fired during the following season. The thing that I remember the most about the '03 playoffs (other than coughing up a 3-1 lead) was our bad-ass rookie Barret Jackman getting manhandled by Todd Bertuzi night after night.

See: https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/canuck ... e-1.381382
Man. I do not remember that. At all.

CaptSMRT wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:50 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:20 pm Part of me is scared to watch the Blues defense vs the Avs offense
After today you have to believe... You were certain they were going to lose today... and now here you stand.
excuse me?
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:33 am
The defense has been toast all year, that’s nothing new. It’s the offense that carried the team this year that’s suddenly gone quiet that is the current issue. No reason they can’t figure it out next game
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:48 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:50 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:20 pm Part of me is scared to watch the Blues defense vs the Avs offense
After today you have to believe... You were certain they were going to lose today... and now here you stand.
excuse me?
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:33 am
The defense has been toast all year, that’s nothing new. It’s the offense that carried the team this year that’s suddenly gone quiet that is the current issue. No reason they can’t figure it out next game
Benedict Arnold!!!