Re: GDT: GM 2 St Louis Blues @ Minnesota - 8:30 May the Fourth

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:10 pm Looks like Leddy is injured. Rosen in. Which also speaks to how down they are on Scandy

Saad-O'Reilly-Perron
Buchnevich-Thomas-Tarasenko
Barbashev-Schenn-Kyrou
Toropchenko-Bozak-Walker

Mikkola-Parayko
Krug-Faulk
Rosen-Bortuzzo

Husso
Binnington

* extras: Scandella, MacEachern, Brown, Joshua, Perunovich. Leddy not skating.
I thought Scandella was hurt the last game of the regular season. Rosen has done a solid job for a 8th or 9th D this year. I think tonight will be his playoff debut.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:18 pm

I thought Scandella was hurt the last game of the regular season. Rosen has done a solid job for a 8th or 9th D this year. I think tonight will be his playoff debut.
He may still be hurt but he's been practicing with the team so who knows. Good luck getting injury info in the playoffs though. They protect their secrets tighter than the government
Just a Russian propaganda account

I think I mentioned something similar in the game 1 thread, but it's worth mentioning again. I love playoff hockey. There really is nothing like it.

That Rangers/Pens game 1 was epic. Boston and Carolina seem to be nurturing a fine hate for each other. Colorado looks scary good.The Caps aren't your average WC2 team, while Nashville is a below average WC2 team without their #1 goalie. Calgary/Dallas could be fun to watch, too.

As for tonight's Blues/Wild tilt, I think the first 10 minutes or so are going to be huge for Minnesota. I think they come out with a lot of determination. The key for them is to play on the edge, but not go over it. But that doesn't mean the Blues fold, either.

The Wild will need to score one or two in the first 10 minutes. If the Blues, Husso specifically,can keep them in check and get an early goal or two it could just demoralize the Wild. If the Blues go up a couple of goals, I'm worried Minnesota just goes mental and end trying to inflict damage on the Blues.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

stlblues1226 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:38 pm I think I mentioned something similar in the game 1 thread, but it's worth mentioning again. I love playoff hockey. There really is nothing like it.

That Rangers/Pens game 1 was epic. Boston and Carolina seem to be nurturing a fine hate for each other. Colorado looks scary good.The Caps aren't your average WC2 team, while Nashville is a below average WC2 team without their #1 goalie. Calgary/Dallas could be fun to watch, too.

As for tonight's Blues/Wild tilt, I think the first 10 minutes or so are going to be huge for Minnesota. I think they come out with a lot of determination. The key for them is to play on the edge, but not go over it. But that doesn't mean the Blues fold, either.

The Wild will need to score one or two in the first 10 minutes. If the Blues, Husso specifically,can keep them in check and get an early goal or two it could just demoralize the Wild. If the Blues go up a couple of goals, I'm worried Minnesota just goes mental and end trying to inflict damage on the Blues.
I'm beginning to think I was wrong about this part of my post. This was not the intensity I expected from Minnesota so far. Just 4 minutes into the game, though.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!