Re: GDT: GM 1 St Louis Blues @ Minnesota Wild - 5/2 8:30 - TV:ESPN

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:51 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:42 pm Couple of large contracts will go this summer... probably Binner and Krug's.
The Blues have the #2 PP in all of hockey in large part because of Krug. He's second on the team in PPA and his 19 PP points were 12 more than the next closest d-man in Faulk while playing 12 less games.

If you move him, you're just going to have to sign another guy to a big contract to try and fill his same role.
Prune man takes that spot next year

Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:57 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:42 pm Couple of large contracts will go this summer... probably Binner and Krug's.
The Blues have the #2 PP in all of hockey in large part because of Krug. He's second on the team in PPA and his 19 PP points were 12 more than the next closest d-man in Faulk while playing 12 less games.

If you move him, you're just going to have to sign another guy to a big contract to try and fill his same role.
He takes Leddy’s role imo. No shot he’s ready to take over for Krug.

A LHD of Prune, Scandella, and Mikkola is scary and not for the other team.

We’ll see what happens
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 3:25 pm

We’ll see what happens
I like Leddy… he can actually play defense.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 3:36 pm

We’ll see what happens
Leddy has been on the ice for 70 goals against at 5x5 this season. Krug 43 which certainly doesn't tell the whole story but I'm not sure Leddy is vastly superior defensively. Although I've been happy with his play.

When you think about what Krug brings to this team, his 6.5 million contract is pretty fair, and maybe even a bargain especially you compare it to others around the league.

I guess I don’t get the hate for him but I enjoy it

Unless something happens where Binner has to step in and has a great playoff, Army may have a tough time pawning off that contract to another team. I don't blame Army for the contract. The only goalie to bring us a Cup? He didn't dare let him walk. Who knew how things would go this year?
It will be interesting to see how this works out.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:50 pm

We’ll see what happens
Leddy has been on the ice for 70 goals against at 5x5 this season. Krug 43 which certainly doesn't tell the whole story but I'm not sure Leddy is vastly superior defensively. Although I've been happy with his play.

When you think about what Krug brings to this team, his 6.5 million contract is pretty fair, and maybe even a bargain especially you compare it to others around the league.

Never said I hated him, in fact I’ve said I don’t hate him…. Just think he’s overpaid and expendable. I understand the signing and contract numbers when he signed, but if you go to capfriendly and look at the Blues lineup today, and ask yourself who is a luxury and who is more necessary, I just see him as an asset who’s time has come to cash in.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:39 pm

Never said I hated him, in fact I’ve said I don’t hate him…. Just think he’s overpaid and expendable. I understand the signing and contract numbers when he signed, but if you go to capfriendly and look at the Blues lineup today, and ask yourself who is a luxury and who is more necessary, I just see him as an asset who’s time has come to cash in.
If you believe Prune can replace him as the PP QB then I can see why he’d be a luxury. I guess that’s where we differ. I see Krug as a one of one on this team.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:37 pm
BluesSK wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:20 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:14 pm

A lot of players on this roster this applies to
Perron, Leddy and Husso are the only major UFAs
Thomas, Kyrou, and Barbashev all coming due within the next 13 months as well.
I think after this playoff and the next, Armstrong will most likely retool this team. No worries about the Blues cap and contracts yet.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 6:31 pm

If you believe Prune can replace him as the PP QB then I can see why he’d be a luxury. I guess that’s where we differ. I see Krug as a one of one on this team.
I haven't seen anything yet from Perunovich that would justify him being a suitable replacement for Krug.

I'm hoping that changes.

BluesSK wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:52 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 6:31 pm
I haven't seen anything yet from Perunovich that would justify him being a suitable replacement for Krug.

I'm hoping that changes.
He's got the size part down.