Re: GDT: GM 1 St Louis Blues @ Minnesota Wild - 5/2 8:30 - TV:ESPN

stlblues1226 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:09 pm Now Minnesota is gonna start playing butt hurt dirty. Shit after every whistle. I hope the Blues just keep scoring on the PP to really make them think about doing stupid shit the rest of the series. Take dumb penalties = watching the Blues celebrate another PPG.
Does Minnesota actually think they can intimidate the Blues physically?

This was a pretty poorly prepared effort by the Wild.

BluesSK wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:35 am
stlblues1226 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:09 pm Now Minnesota is gonna start playing butt hurt dirty. Shit after every whistle. I hope the Blues just keep scoring on the PP to really make them think about doing stupid shit the rest of the series. Take dumb penalties = watching the Blues celebrate another PPG.
Does Minnesota actually think they can intimidate the Blues physically?

That is what Berube wants... the Wild looking for shit other than a solid team game. Tonight was a master class on playoff hockey.

BluesSK wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:35 am

Blues just match up oh so good with the Wild.
Blues are flat out more skilled than them.
If the Blues show up every night they’ll win in 5. Only the Blues can beat themselves in this series.

I was listening to a podcast that was breaking down each playoff series yesterday. In the Blues-Wild section, one point they speculated on was how the Blues might be the worst team Fleury could face because their playing style is a nightmare for his hyper-aggressive goaltending. Kind of bore out that way in game 1.

https://hockeypdocast.com/2022/05/02/ep ... ew-part-2/
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:49 am I was listening to a podcast that was breaking down each playoff series yesterday. In the Blues-Wild section, one point they speculated on was how the Blues might be the worst team Fleury could face because their playing style is a nightmare for his hyper-aggressive goaltending. Kind of bore out that way in game 1.

https://hockeypdocast.com/2022/05/02/ep ... ew-part-2/
Hope they play him every game.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:14 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:25 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:18 am I completely forgot Perron was out last playoffs.
And he needs a new deal so that the Blues will have him for next year's playoffs.
A lot of players on this roster this applies to
Maybe Binner will ask Army to reduce his contract to the league minimum to make room. 😁😅

BluesSK wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:20 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:14 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:25 am

And he needs a new deal so that the Blues will have him for next year's playoffs.
A lot of players on this roster this applies to
Perron, Leddy and Husso are the only major UFAs
Thomas, Kyrou, and Barbashev all coming due within the next 13 months as well.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:42 pm Couple of large contracts will go this summer... probably Binner and Krug's.
The Blues have the #2 PP in all of hockey in large part because of Krug. He's second on the team in PPA and his 19 PP points were 12 more than the next closest d-man in Faulk while playing 12 less games.

If you move him, you're just going to have to sign another guy to a big contract to try and fill his same role.
Just a Russian propaganda account