Re: GDT Blues at Dallas 7:30

Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:19 pm
Robb_K wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:04 pm Nice pass/shot towards the net on a tough angle by Walker, hoping for a deflection off a Star skater, or that a Blue skating in on goal, would knock it in! Walker has been playing really well, too. The Blues have practically their entire Springfield roster trying out either for The Blues' NHL roster, or to be trade bait for a roster spot on another NHL team.
Chief has Walker out defending the lead to secure the win… I guess he’s a keeper.
With Sundqvist back, Barbashev breaking out this season, MacMac, and now Walker playing well, The Blues might be able to afford trading Bozak, and one of MacMac, or Walker, in a package to a non-playoff team, maybe with one of the goaltenders, for a reasonably high-quality LD (IF they can get the salaries to work out).

Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:20 pm Can't imagine Hitch running out a lineup like that. :)
Hitch, running? You lost me.

Thanks for the vids. Looked like a good game. But how the holy fuck was there no call on that Tarasenko breakaway? If you want to argue that it shouldn’t be a penalty shot, i could entertain that, but NO call at all? Insanity. What the actual fuck? I want an explanation. I want to know there is accountability in the official’s organization. Completely crazy.

As for goalies, obviously i haven’t seen the two “new” guys play, but numbers say Lindgren is real good. So we have a number of good goalies, which, while a good problem to have, means something will have to be done. People that have been watching games - what do you do here? Who do you want to see traded? Which goalie is less likely to cause us nightmares for years to come elsewhere?

T.C. wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:14 am
Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:20 pm Can't imagine Hitch running out a lineup like that. :)
Hitch, running? You lost me.

Thanks for the vids. Looked like a good game. But how the holy fuck was there no call on that Tarasenko breakaway? If you want to argue that it shouldn’t be a penalty shot, i could entertain that, but NO call at all? Insanity. What the actual fuck? I want an explanation. I want to know there is accountability in the official’s organization. Completely crazy.

As for goalies, obviously i haven’t seen the two “new” guys play, but numbers say Lindgren is real good. So we have a number of good goalies, which, while a good problem to have, means something will have to be done. People that have been watching games - what do you do here? Who do you want to see traded? Which goalie is less likely to cause us nightmares for years to come elsewhere?
I'm certain this was a game management no call. If the score was tied,Blues were down or the game was in St. Louis, they call the penalty. I'm routinely annoyed that refs tend to call almost ANY contact a penalty on a breakaway, but this was the exact opposite. It took Buchnevich literally getting his tooth knocked out 30 seconds later to get the road team a PP in the third with a lead.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

It's just a good problem to have with the goalies. It'd be nice to add a defenseman but I don't think you're going to get a quality one by just trading Husso/Lindgren simply because they don't make enough money to make it work cap wise. Teams depth's are being challenged this season more than any other season, by far. I say keep all 3 because odds are you're going to need all 3. Ride Lindgren while the flame is burning hot and see if it continues or if he's a shooting star.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:49 am It's just a good problem to have with the goalies. It'd be nice to add a defenseman but I don't think you're going to get a quality one by just trading Husso/Lindgren simply because they don't make enough money to make it work cap wise. Teams depth's are being challenged this season more than any other season, by far. I say keep all 3 because odds are you're going to need all 3. Ride Lindgren while the flame is burning hot and see if it continues or if he's a shooting star.
Agreed. In addition to the cap situation, I don't think either of the backup goalies, AHL guys that are playing well, or bottom 6 types are going to move the needle much in a trade. Top 4ish D are just far more valuable than a combo platter of low paid guys. Maybe a team out there really likes Husso given his age and solid start to the year, but I don't think that'd be enough for him to be the key piece in a trade for a helpful D.

Given all the insanity this season in terms of injuries/covid, best to keep the goalie depth since that's the one position that can wreck a season on it's own.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!