Re: Ben Bishop forced to call it a career

Giant people frequently have knee issues. Gotta be worse for giant athletes. Really shitty to hear. Sorry to read this, I quite enjoyed watching him. I believe i attended his first start in a mid-tier suite right behind him. I remember thinking this guy was going to be THE guy very shortly. I was right, it just wasn’t for us, sadly. Human bodies are terrible, fragile things.

T.C. wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:28 am Giant people frequently have knee issues. Gotta be worse for giant athletes. Really shitty to hear. Sorry to read this, I quite enjoyed watching him. I believe i attended his first start in a mid-tier suite right behind him. I remember thinking this guy was going to be THE guy very shortly. I was right, it just wasn’t for us, sadly. Human bodies are terrible, fragile things.
You said EVERYTHING I was going to say, other than the fact that was heartbroken when The Blues traded him off. I thought he was going to be the NHL's next great HOF level goalie. Very sad news to hear.

BluesSK wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:47 pm
T.C. wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:22 pm Robb, i fixed your avatar. the pixelation was driving me nuts. hope that's ok.
Come on man!

That 2kb jpeg must have saved you thousands of gigs of bandwidth by now!
I'm not very good with computer technology. It came along pretty late in my life. Most people didn't have even T.V.s , garbage disposals, and clothes dryers when I was a kid. I just draw free hand on paper and scan it into my computer. I have trouble trying to do even relatively simple graphics work using those complicated programs. :?

Robb_K wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:47 pm
T.C. wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:22 pm Robb, i fixed your avatar. the pixelation was driving me nuts. hope that's ok.
Come on man!

I'm not very good with computer technology. It came along pretty late in my life. Most people didn't have even T.V.s , garbage disposals, and clothes dryers when I was a kid. I just draw free hand on paper and scan it into my computer. I have trouble trying to do even relatively simple graphics work using those complicated programs. :?
I respect people who try to keep up with technology and different advancements. See way too many people let the world pass them by. I think it keeps them young.

BluesSK wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:15 pm

Come on man!

I respect people who try to keep up with technology and different advancements. See way too many people let the world pass them by. I think it keeps them young.
I need to constantly improve my abilities in a handful languages that I speak, but need to improve on for my work, and even one for one of the countries in which I reside part year. Plus, I am working at 75 years old. I do my best under those circumstances, learning as much as I can of the basics of the most important programs I need, but just don't have time to learn a lot of the details of what is required to master the new, complicated graphics programs. I have other priorities. I seem to be about in the middle of the pack of 75 year olds when it comes to current technology. Like you, I respect those old-timers who master the new technologies. Most of the people with whom I work are in their 20s or early 30s. THAT helps keep me young. They are more than willing to help me with my graphics needs. Also, living in 5 countries, and moving to each one (6 moves per year) keeps me young (or is that tired?). :mrgreen:

BluesSK wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:18 pm
Robb_K wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:58 pm I was hoping that BluesSK, who seems to think I should work harder to learn how to use the current computer graphics technology would see my answer to his comment. But, alas, it looks like he might miss it.
Honestly, I didn't mind your old avatar.

Sorry if I caused offense.
No offence at all. I was very glad TC fixed it. It bothered me plenty - just not enough to get me to study my very complicated my Gimp graphics program's features. I used to use Adobe Photoshop, and at least had mastered it enough to meet my basic graphics needs. Programs used to have a book explaining how their features work. Mine's online instructions aren't detailed enough to guide me through how to size files to get past the size limitations of acceptable pixel levels. And, the tutorial and examples, which I DID read and watch were too general to help me with my specific needs. I guess they assume that everyone using such programs these days grew up using computers, and has a working knowledge of the basics that was ingrained from a young age. I THOUGHT I had a pretty decent level of math logic. But, mine is good for very basic direct trains of thought, but, apparently not for applying to highly complex situations. And I'm terrible, when it comes to thinking "Outside the box". Personally, I think it's a miracle that I learned how to, at least operate a modern computer and solve basic problems, without help. I even help fellow older people with their relatively basic computer questions. But, I've given up trying to sit down and suss out the basic workings of complicated graphics programs through reading up on them, and then trial and error experience. I just can't afford the time away from my other priorities (especially given that I can friends to help me (at least during non-pandemic times). I didn't mention that my highest priority is spending quality time with my family and closest friends as much as possible, while we are still around, - and that my other pursuits are already cutting into that more than I'd like. So spending time learning to be more efficient with computer graphics programs is just not on the table.

Robb_K wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:50 pm

I need to constantly improve my abilities in a handful languages that I speak, but need to improve on for my work, and even one for one of the countries in which I reside part year. Plus, I am working at 75 years old. I do my best under those circumstances, learning as much as I can of the basics of the most important programs I need, but just don't have time to learn a lot of the details of what is required to master the new, complicated graphics programs. I have other priorities. I seem to be about in the middle of the pack of 75 year olds when it comes to current technology. Like you, I respect those old-timers who master the new technologies. Most of the people with whom I work are in their 20s or early 30s. THAT helps keep me young. They are more than willing to help me with my graphics needs. Also, living in 5 countries, and moving to each one (6 moves per year) keeps me young (or is that tired?). :mrgreen:
Congrats on the 75 Robb - geez, wish I was that age again! Keep on comin' with the sage comments.

Theiceman wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:20 am
Robb_K wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:50 pm

Congrats on the 75 Robb - geez, wish I was that age again! Keep on comin' with the sage comments.
And what's your age Iceman?