FTP: Blues @ Vegas 10/20/2021

After the third win already, I should start with some FTP work. Not much to see in the Vegas GDT though.

The original thread link is here:
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/ ... s.2850947/

Page number: 1

VGK 2
STL 8

The offseason is over?

Buchnevich is suspended
do you guys think patches and stone will get placed on IR

Well done, Hangman!
Go! Go!

Any players that miss weeks get put on IR. They both are out a while so yes.

The one time we need Buchnevich out so we don't get injured, we're all injured anyway.

Dadonov in line to get more minutes and PP time?

More minutes 5v5, PP not more than usual.

Why would "play the entire game like you are on penalty kill" change because Buch is out?

Nicely done sir!!!

I'm so mad with your management for not putting stone and patches on IR It's killing me in fantasy since I cannot add anyone new. I honestly might have to drop stone if he doesn't go on IR before gametime

I think Knights management figured you could find a trade partner for Stone to shore up another position.

Well I do have some good news.... if we get absolutely destroyed tonight at least no record of it will remain on the boards once the upgrade is completed.

PK Time.... shorty would be nice.

Killed.

Wild Bill!!!!!!!!

PING!

Whacking away but can't get it in... followed by a brutal turnover that almost cost us.

Hey! Great game so far.

30+ combined shots through 1 period lol

wtf are the Vegas lines and pairings?

Smith karlsson marchessault
A bunch of placeholders

Page number: 2

We know the 2nd period started right?

PING!

Decline!

Decline successfully

Killed!

Both teams with 30 SOG after 2

Gotta say Lehner is standing up tonight. Hope thoae arent famous last words.

So who hit's the post for us this period?
On an unrelated note, I'm starting to think the bonus structure base off post shots was a bad idea.

Not that it matters but these announcers sound like St. Louis fans.

On the bright side, so far Lehner looks like an actual NHL goalie. Unimpressed with the following: Howden, Dadanov, McNabb, the power kill.

Kill it

Killed!

Decline!

WTF was that?

Not often seen 3 on 0.

So many Blues getting behind the Vegas D.

Well I didn't really expect to win.... so not getting blown out is the victory I'm running with.

Does anyone really think we looked like a cup contender?? We can't complete a pass, the power play is just as bad as always, the new guys (Dadanov, Patrick, Howden) are useless, the defense looks slow, and we're talking about trading guys from the only line that works???

We were one inexplicable Pietrangelo pass from possibly winning...

Most of your takes are bad and sky is falling all the time.

We used to dominate games, just lacked finishers. We don't do that anymore. Sorry, we don't look very good. I understand it's early and the division is by far the weakest, I don't think the sky is falling (vaunted Colorado is 1-2 also) but I'm not seeing any cohesiveness, or any indication the players worked on their weaknesses over the summer.

... And now Martinez is injured.

Page number: 3

We played them even all game without Stone and Pacioretty and with a week of rust.
We hit two posts that would have made it 2-2, and were still one terrible Pietrangelo decision, that he almost never makes, from still being 1-1, and with Martinez not finishing the game, on top of our issues. This was also the first game of the season for three of our forwards and Krebs what, 9th game ever and Leschyshyn's 2nd, maybe.
The result sucks but they didn't show anything worrying long term yet, in fact it was pretty encouraging, it was a pretty good game from both teams.

It was a better performance than i expected. This team is going to have a lot of catching up to do.

I would expect the power play to struggle with two guys on the top line out.

Theo and Mcnabb are bleeding grade A chances against. I'll cut them some slack just because they both missed almost the entire preseason, but if this is still going on 5 games from now they need to be broken up. Hague-Whitecloud are a more steady pair right now by far.
Although I guess if Martinez is out they'll get broken up now anyways. Put Hague with Petro and Theo with Whitecloud.
Dadonov was the best forward outside the top line. Not saying much but he at least had a couple moments he looked dangerous. The other 8 forwards were really bad especially Howden and Kolesar.

Hopefully it's nothing serious with Martinez.... but seeing as Martinez of all people left the game it is a little concerning.

This team is looking real ugly right now. One line of offense, three lines of liability.

Bring back Cody Eakin did you say.

idk how Stepho ended up with most 5v5 TOI between the forwards this game.