Re: Bally Sports Midwest expected to charge $20-$30 monthly for direct access

official announcement: https://thestreamable.com/news/sinclair ... eaming-app

tl;dr - $20/mo or $190/yr.

how fucking long is their contract with the NHL?? who needs the regional networks? just lift the fucking blackout on NHL.tv, problem solved. eliminate the middle man. who is going to pay for this? eat shit and die, sinclair. hope someone pipe bombs your satellites into oblivion.

T.C. wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:40 pm official announcement: https://thestreamable.com/news/sinclair ... eaming-app

tl;dr - $20/mo or $190/yr.

how fucking long is their contract with the NHL?? who needs the regional networks? just lift the fucking blackout on NHL.tv, problem solved. eliminate the middle man. who is going to pay for this? eat shit and die, sinclair. hope someone pipe bombs your satellites into oblivion.
So if you do the annual plan its a shade under $16 a month. Living out of market I get all of the games except one or two NHL Network games for $5-7 a month (can't remember) on ESPN+, along with tons of other stuff. Way to look after the in market lifeblood of the team! I know the Blues can't really do anything about this, but man it sucks.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Welp, it’s almost September and I’ve heard nothing. No updates on the situation, no new plans from the NHL about it, no one complaining about it, nothing. So, looks like yet another year of no hockey for me (and millions of other people). Fucking unreal. I don’t know how more outlets aren’t covering this. No one gives a shit that you’re taking hockey away from people that want it. You’re willingly killing fans. Next time I hear anyone at the NHL talk about how they are losing money or aren’t making enough money, I hope someone immediately reminds them that it’s by fucking choice.

see two comments ago. This fucking service costs more than the full NHL TV package. It also only covers one thing i give a shit about. $20/mo, GFY. I hope Sinclair gets nuked. Actually, i hope whomever decided to continue to allow RSNs to exist rather than lift the blackout on NHL TV gets strapped to the antenna of the burj khalifa, facing the sun with his eyelids removed so he can’t blink so he slowly dies blind and dehydrated. Give these “little guy” RSNs a bit of power and they take ten miles. Fuck right off. Are any of you intrepid hockey fans going to pay them $20/mo?

JMC-STL wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:32 am
T.C. wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:03 am... I hope Sinclair gets nuked. Actually, i hope whomever decided to continue to allow RSNs to exist rather than lift the blackout on NHL TV gets strapped to the antenna of the burj khalifa, facing the sun with his eyelids removed so he can’t blink so he slowly dies blind and dehydrated. ...
Didn't "burj khalifa" make a video with Beyoncé?
I thought that was Mia Khalifa?

T.C. wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:11 am Yeah, that’s exactly what your average fan does - pulls out their laptop to log into their VPN to pretend they’re in another location, start streaming the in-market game they want to watch (complete with all the lag that VPN introduces), kick back with a beer and enjoy the majesty of the NHL on their 13” laptop, exactly as hockey was intended to be watched.
Back in my day if I wanted to watch a game of hockey I had to walk uphill both ways in subzero temperatures to the nearest frozen pond. You people don't know how good you have it
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:16 am
T.C. wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:11 am Yeah, that’s exactly what your average fan does - pulls out their laptop to log into their VPN to pretend they’re in another location, start streaming the in-market game they want to watch (complete with all the lag that VPN introduces), kick back with a beer and enjoy the majesty of the NHL on their 13” laptop, exactly as hockey was intended to be watched.
Back in my day if I wanted to watch a game of hockey I had to walk uphill both ways in subzero temperatures to the nearest frozen pond. You people don't know how good you have it
Was Robb playing?

BluesSK wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:15 am
JMC-STL wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:32 am
T.C. wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:03 am... I hope Sinclair gets nuked. Actually, i hope whomever decided to continue to allow RSNs to exist rather than lift the blackout on NHL TV gets strapped to the antenna of the burj khalifa, facing the sun with his eyelids removed so he can’t blink so he slowly dies blind and dehydrated. ...
Didn't "burj khalifa" make a video with Beyoncé?
I thought that was Mia Khalifa?
Or maybe Wiz. I dunno, I listen to Crunkcore.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:16 am
T.C. wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:11 amYeah, that’s exactly what your average fan does - pulls out their laptop to log into their VPN to pretend they’re in another location, start streaming the in-market game they want to watch (complete with all the lag that VPN introduces), kick back with a beer and enjoy the majesty of the NHL on their 13” laptop, exactly as hockey was intended to be watched.
I had to pull myself with my arms up both of those hills, because my legs were frozen together. Reason was: My Mom made me & my older brother share one pair of pants, and he got the legs. And every time I got to the game at the pond, I realized that I didn't have a nickel for the privilege of sitting by the fire to thaw out because my brother had the pockets. So I'd have to drag myself back home again. :(

Look at this fucking FAQ: https://getmyhometeams.com/

Your fucking shitty service offers access to 1.5 sports on one “channel” for STL folks. This means ONE hockey team and TWO NBA teams. I don’t give a shit about NBA. You are charging $190/yr or $20/mo for me to watch one team’s games for the season.

ESPN+ costs $10/mo for access to how many networks now? Are the up to The Ocho yet? To view every single NHL game from every team - except the main one I care about.

Take your “I don’t know what to tell you, these providers are greedy liars”, holier-than-thou, entitled FAQ and shove it up your fucking ass.

Yes, I’m clearly furious with Sinclair, but this lies entirely at the feet of the NHL for allowing this shit to happen. Sinclair is the sole home team provider for 21 of the 25 NHL markets. You signed the goddamn contract to continue to allow the RSNs to exist. Give me one reason that makes sense. So fuck you both, I hope you are fucking happy that for the third year in a row, millions of fans are unable to watch their team’s games.

And quadruple FUCK YOU to all the suck-up cuck local “media” for not even mentioning this. Hope you all die in fires.

I have the ESPN+ package which gives me most of the Blues games since I'm in Denver, but there are still plenty that are not available. I pull up NHL66 on the laptop, plug an HDMI into the TV, and go. Honestly the stream is almost as good as the one I'm paying for. And I can start late and fast forward through commercials and intermission to catch up, but the only annoying thing is I have to use the touchpad on the laptop instead of a remote.

I signed up with my internet provider for the direct tv package $165 month, primarily to watch the blues and cardinals. With the Bally App coming out, I thought I would dump the tv package, and use the app for those two teams. Only as I went thru their website, I discover since I live in Ill, (in sight of the Mississippi) I can only get the Blues and two nba teams (NEVER)
What a fucking circle jerk.

I signed up with my internet provider for the direct tv package $165 month, primarily to watch the blues and cardinals. With the Bally App coming out, I thought I would dump the tv package, and use the app for those two teams. Only as I went thru their website, I discover since I live in Ill, (in sight of the Mississippi) I can only get the Blues and two nba teams (NEVER)
What a fucking circle jerk.