2021 NHL Draft thread

Hey gang, I didn’t see any draft talk yet. Sorry if there’s an existing thread. Who do you like and who do you hope the Blues can realistically select?
I keep thinking they’ll select another Neighbours type. (Which I won’t be disappointed with)

Also, NHLTIM mentioned the NYI would make a good trade partner for Tarasenko. What would you like in return Tim?

Andy
"suck a dick Stan Lee"

Re: 2021 NHL Draft thread

This draft is a real crapshoot after the first 8 players or so. It’s a good year to gamble. There are several guys I like with forward Logan Stankoven leading the the way. He will be very well known this time next year...should put up 50 goals in the WHL next season. Has all the traits I love..skill, work ethic and non stop motor. He’s a little on the small side but this is that draft that you can take that chance.
We could also play it safe and grab dman Corson Ceulemans who should be there when the Blues pick. Both Ceulemans and Stankoven were very good in the U18’s. I’d be happy with either player.
As for Tank to the Isles...that’s a deal I want but only if Wahlstrom is coming back. Probably not an option any more. Really hard to judge Tarasenko’s trade value right now. I’ll have a more detailed draft post as we get closer to draft day.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Ceulemans is a name I see often and I too would be happy with that pick. Stankoven is a perfect hockey name. It’s no Blade Jenkins though. 😀

What’s funny about this year’s draft is that so many fans (league wide) are ambivalent about it but none of them want to trade first rounders. “Your pick can be anything!”

I’m holding out hope the Rangers do something desperate and want Tarasenko to join Panarin. I wanted the Blues to draft K’Andre Miller. Just maybe...
"suck a dick Stan Lee"

Draft lottery is tonight. This year they're only using the lottery to determine the first 2 picks rather than the first 3 because some GMs are whiny pissbabies, but I digress.

Odds to win:
Buffalo-16.6%
Anaheim- 12.1
Seattle- 10.3
New Jersey- 10.3
Columbus-8.5
Detroit-7.6
San Jose-6.7
LA-5.8
Vancouver- 5.4
Ottawa- 4.5
Arizona- 3.1
Chicago- 2.7
Philly- 1.8
Dallas- 1.4
NYR-1.0
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:21 am Draft lottery is tonight. This year they're only using the lottery to determine the first 2 picks rather than the first 3 because some GMs are whiny pissbabies, but I digress.

Odds to win:
Buffalo-16.6%
Anaheim- 12.1
Seattle- 10.3
New Jersey- 10.3
Columbus-8.5
Detroit-7.6
San Jose-6.7
LA-5.8
Vancouver- 5.4
Ottawa- 4.5
Arizona- 3.1
Chicago- 2.7
Philly- 1.8
Dallas- 1.4
NYR-1.0

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:21 am Draft lottery is tonight. This year they're only using the lottery to determine the first 2 picks rather than the first 3 because some GMs are whiny pissbabies, but I digress.

Odds to win:
Buffalo-16.6%
Anaheim- 12.1
Seattle- 10.3
New Jersey- 10.3
Columbus-8.5
Detroit-7.6
San Jose-6.7
LA-5.8
Vancouver- 5.4
Ottawa- 4.5
Arizona- 3.1
Chicago- 2.7
Philly- 1.8
Dallas- 1.4
NYR-1.0
I really want to see the Hawks win this lottery just so I can see the Meltdown at the Asylum! I know...I’m a sick individual

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:45 am

Odds to win:
Buffalo-16.6%
Anaheim- 12.1
Seattle- 10.3
New Jersey- 10.3
Columbus-8.5
Detroit-7.6
San Jose-6.7
LA-5.8
Vancouver- 5.4
Ottawa- 4.5
Arizona- 3.1
Chicago- 2.7
Philly- 1.8
Dallas- 1.4
NYR-1.0
I really want to see the Hawks win this lottery just so I can see the Meltdown at the Asylum! I know...I’m a sick individual
Taking joy in other people's misery is what the internet is all about, baby! :twisted:

Matangama wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:03 pm We know the NHL has fixed these draft lotteries in the past, so......for fuck’s sake, let Buffalo win this! Even Blue Jackets fans look at Buffalo and feel better about their situation!
Counterpoint: It would be entirely unfair for a kid who has worked his whole life to become the best prospect in his draft year to be subjected to being part of the Sabres organization. I'd like to see Arizona win just because they don't actually have a first round pick. The NHL was too damn lazy or stuffy to re-do the odds, and just left the Coyotes in the mix and will do a re-draw if they win.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:52 pm
Matangama wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:03 pm We know the NHL has fixed these draft lotteries in the past, so......for fuck’s sake, let Buffalo win this! Even Blue Jackets fans look at Buffalo and feel better about their situation!
Counterpoint: It would be entirely unfair for a kid who has worked his whole life to become the best prospect in his draft year to be subjected to being part of the Sabres organization. I'd like to see Arizona win just because they don't actually have a first round pick. The NHL was too damn lazy or stuffy to re-do the odds, and just left the Coyotes in the mix and will do a re-draw if they win.
Dave, you have converted me! Arizona winning would be outstanding!

So correct me if I'm wrong here, but I believe we should all be Habs fans for the next 10 days or so. The lottery determines the top 16 picks (or 15 this year thanks to Arizona. The playoff teams are ordered by points percentage, except for the final 4. So if the Canadians beat the Jets, they will pick 28th or higher, and we move up to 16.

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:49 pm This draft is a real crapshoot after the first 8 players or so. It’s a good year to gamble. There are several guys I like with forward Logan Stankoven leading the the way. He will be very well known this time next year...should put up 50 goals in the WHL next season. Has all the traits I love..skill, work ethic and non stop motor. He’s a little on the small side but this is that draft that you can take that chance.
We could also play it safe and grab dman Corson Ceulemans who should be there when the Blues pick. Both Ceulemans and Stankoven were very good in the U18’s. I’d be happy with either player.
As for Tank to the Isles...that’s a deal I want but only if Wahlstrom is coming back. Probably not an option any more. Really hard to judge Tarasenko’s trade value right now. I’ll have a more detailed draft post as we get closer to draft day.
Personally, I don't see Lou or Trotz wanting Tarasenko. But that's just my opinion.

ratonmono wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:43 pm Bold prediction: We trade Dunn to NJ for a first (their later pick) and a prospect then trade Tarasenko to Pittsburgh for Zucker, a 2nd and McCann. What Army does with these picks...
Make it Zucker and Tanev and I’m on board

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:10 am
ratonmono wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:43 pm Bold prediction: We trade Dunn to NJ for a first (their later pick) and a prospect then trade Tarasenko to Pittsburgh for Zucker, a 2nd and McCann. What Army does with these picks...
Oh I'd love Tanev but so does Pitt and Burke ain't giving up that truculence!

Yeah, I kind of felt the other day that Pittsburgh might be a team that would be interested provided they could take on his cap. I think ditto for Edmonton too. That's team desperate over there.

BillP. wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Yeah, I kind of felt the other day that Pittsburgh might be a team that would be interested provided they could take on his cap. I think ditto for Edmonton too. That's team desperate over there.
Edmonton I don't even know what to say. They're still a mess even with 3 great pieces.

Pittsburgh wants one more solid push before Sid and Geno get too old in 2-3 years. Tarasenko alongside Malkin would likely keep both moody Ruskies happy for a while. But the Pens need a goalie first and foremost unless they're really sticking with Jarry, which I've heard they might do but I'm not buying it. Freddy Andersen is a Pen come UFA time, Hextall/Burke pull the trigger on Tarasenko at the draft. I have spoken.

ratonmono wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:34 am
How about Dunn for Tanev? Both players would be protected by their new clubs

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:55 pm
ratonmono wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:34 am

How about Dunn for Tanev? Both players would be protected by their new clubs
That would be perfect. Though word round the campfire is that Pitt is looking to use Tanev higher up in the lineup next year. But the Pens do need D.
I think it’s fair and fills needs for both teams but while the Blues are seemingly low on Dunn, Pittsburgh is high on Tanev.