Re: GDT: Game 3 St Louis Blues vs Avalache - 8:30 5/21 - TV: USA! USA! USA!

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:57 pm
barnburner wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:51 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:34 pm

Seems about right.
Right? With his history???
A minimum of 20 games.
This is fucking ridiculous. Kronke's bribe money strikes again. Fucking Garage league!
No I genuinely think 8 is fine. A playoff game is worth 2 regular season games per DOPS. 16 games by that measure seems fine to me.
Except that how many games will be available to play in the playoffs, is an unknown. So some of those games may not be playoff games, thus the offender gets off easy. A guy with his history should be given the stiffest possible suspension. Guys like him and Wilson are a threat to kill someone at any time, because they can't control themselves. Theres no place in the game for head hunters.

barnburner wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 10:55 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:57 pm
barnburner wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:51 pm
Right? With his history???
A minimum of 20 games.
This is fucking ridiculous. Kronke's bribe money strikes again. Fucking Garage league!
No I genuinely think 8 is fine. A playoff game is worth 2 regular season games per DOPS. 16 games by that measure seems fine to me.
Except that how many games will be available to play in the playoffs, is an unknown. So some of those games may not be playoff games, thus the offender gets off easy. A guy with his history should be given the stiffest possible suspension. Guys like him and Wilson are a threat to kill someone at any time, because they can't control themselves. Theres no place in the game for head hunters.
Yeah I don't like those kind of hits at all either, don't get me wrong. Suppose the Avs sweep. If they lose in round 2 in less than 6 games, his absence will have contributed to their loss right? I think that's a huge deal. It's what helped make Dubas get rid of him after his 2019 suspension or at least was the last straw.

I think overall DOPS is a bunch of timid, ass covering cowards, but they got this one close enough to right in my eyes.
Last edited by Dave's a mess on Fri May 21, 2021 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Be mad if you like, but it was clear for months this year's team just didn't have it. It was the crappy 7 game stretch against Arizona that had me worried at first. We waited for the group to gel and they just never did. Plus the Avs were a brutal stylistic matchup too. Oh well. Onto the next one. The team is going to look noticeably different in the fall I think.

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:17 pm Be mad if you like, but it was clear for months this year's team just didn't have it. It was the crappy 7 game stretch against Arizona that had me worried at first. We waited for the group to gel and they just never did. Plus the Avs were a brutal stylistic matchup too. Oh well. Onto the next one. The team is going to look noticeably different in the fall I think.
The Blues need to add a couple big tough defencemen, who can also carry the puck, and also get younger, faster, and more skilled. That's not going to happen in one off-season, despite the fact that there will be a lot of quality UFAs for less relative cost than normal because of The CAP and The Expansion Draft. It's clear that Covid and injuries have closed the door on the last Stanley Cup competitive window, and a major 2-year retooling is needed, if not an almost complete roster overhaul and 3-4 year rebuild.

Robb_K wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:29 am... It's clear that Covid and injuries have closed the door on the last Stanley Cup competitive window, and a major 2-year retooling is needed, if not an almost complete roster overhaul and 3-4 year rebuild.
Or another 40 years of wandering in the hockey desert. Moses was 80 years old when he led G-d's People out of Egypt (a Robb_K contemporary :mrgreen: ), so Army & Berube have youth on their side.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:17 am Get the Blues out of this god forsaken division already.

All the travel and the murderers row of talent in this division, the Blues never stood a chance.
True, but the Central wouldn't have been much better. They don't finish top 3 over Carolina, Florida or Tampa. The Blues are just a deeply mediocre team this year.

Team had injuries and bull shit all season. Closed out season on a high note but then still got set back again with injuries and bull shit. You guys can kiss Colorados and Vegas ass all you want but I’m not. Fuck them. They’re overrated and I guarantee neither one will win a Cup this year.

If this is the price we pay for winning our Cup, so be it. I’m glad we got our Cup.

We’ll see if Army can theorize what he has and move forward with a game plan. I’m looking forward to his theory on what he has to build with and what the immediate and long term projections.

BillP. wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 1:16 pm Team had injuries and bull shit all season. Closed out season on a high note but then still got set back again with injuries and bull shit. You guys can kiss Colorados and Vegas ass all you want but I’m not. Fuck them. They’re overrated and I guarantee neither one will win a Cup this year.

If this is the price we pay for winning our Cup, so be it. I’m glad we got our Cup.

We’ll see if Army can theorize what he has and move forward with a game plan. I’m looking forward to his theory on what he has to build with and what the immediate and long term projections.
Yeah, pretty unfortunate that the Blues were the only team with injury and covid issues this year.