Re: The Jackman thread

After watching the Devils/Philly game last night, I kind of want Salvador back.

As far as Jackman is concerned, he might be a little overpaid, but he brings some grit and edge to the defensive zone and he can stare down anyone. I'd rather keep him, tbh.

I've always been a big fan and supporter of Jackman's--I always felt like he played his heart out, always wanted to be a member of the organization (and says he still does), and has done a great job being very physical against much bigger players. He was never a top pairing dman and was often asked to be, unfortunately.

That being said, he's never been a good puck handler, and the last two years he has become increasingly more infuriating to me in that regard. Where I stand now is he's going to have to take a huge pay cut, and accept duty as probably a 3rd pairing dman to stay with this team. If he's willing to do that, I don't mind him staying. Otherwise, I don't mind seeing him go. Our top 4 dmen next year are going to be Petro, Polak, Shattenkirk and probably somebody we pick up in the offseason that has some size. Russell will likely be in the mix, so that leaves Jackman as a 5 or 6 guy and I can live with that if he can. Cole is another factor--are the Blues going to give him a shot or deal him? If he stays, Jackman could be out of the picture. I wouldn't cry at this point if it comes to that.

agree. if he stays, he's going to have to take like half of what he could command on the market (for some inexplicable reason) and be comfortable with a 5-7 role. he insists it's not about the money and that he doesn't want to leave, but when you know you only have 6-10 years left of work and you need money for the rest of your life, i'm sure it kinda is about the money. at least i'm sure that's what his wife would say.

if this administrations pays him $3-$4mil and puts him top 4, that's a horrible start and i'll be really pissed. i would much prefer the scenario above, because at 30 he's a veteran player and has good years ahead. but overpaying for a lesser player is a mistake no matter how you slice it.

on the other hand, they can't show glass cola the door fast enough.