Re: GDT - BLUES vs ARIZONA. 5 PM. 4/17/22

ratonmono wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:42 pm I still hate that we let Petro walk and signed that midget Krug.
That's as much Petro's fault as the Blues.... The Blues ain't New York or L.A. they have to remain within a salary structure to compete... bubble free agents won't come here to up their stock like they will with big market teams. Petro wouldn't sign for Krug money... Love him for helping win THE Cup... Fuck him for leaving.

ratonmono wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:42 pm I still hate that we let Petro walk and signed that midget Krug.
I don’t think he wanted to stay. I think he wanted a change of scenery. Your Captain of a Cup winning team and you get offered a max deal? Even Vegas couldn’t offer 8 years. It really wasn’t all about the money, Petro was interested in starting a new chapter. I have to admit, we miss him. I wouldn’t of offered 8 years for him but Army did and he still left. Can’t blame Doug.

BillP. wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:57 pm
I don’t think he wanted to stay. I think he wanted a change of scenery. Your Captain of a Cup winning team and you get offered a max deal? Even Vegas couldn’t offer 8 years. It really wasn’t all about the money, Petro was interested in starting a new chapter. I have to admit, we miss him. I wouldn’t of offered 8 years for him but Army did and he still left. Can’t blame Doug.
It appears that it was over signing bonus money. Which if the owners didn't want to sign off on that whatever. Still losing Petro and Bouw and Edmundson from our cup winning D and ending up with what we have now is a total gut punch.

ratonmono wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:22 pm
BillP. wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:57 pm
It appears that it was over signing bonus money. Which if the owners didn't want to sign off on that whatever. Still losing Petro and Bouw and Edmundson from our cup winning D and ending up with what we have now is a total gut punch.
Yeah, will Army try and add some size to team? Be a good move if he can do it.

insideout wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:51 pm So, when Binnington said, "We're coming," was he talking to the Sabres?
In fairness, I wish that game against Wild wasn’t cancelled. Blues had momentum cooking, they were playing desperate. Plus Blues still match up well with Minny as always. Win again for 4 in a row and who knows. Now maybe the cancellation against Avs is a good thing. Blues need to sit back, reflect and regroup for another charge.

CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:48 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:30 pm I still think the Blues make the playoffs, BUT if they miss and passed on offers to sell Hoffman, this season will have been one giant negative grade for Army.
Armstrong has been the best Blues GM ever. He can afford a bad grade.
I'm not sure the other GMs were willing to give up a ton for Hoffman anyway. He'd been playing terribly until the day before the deadline. I imagine if someone would've offered a first, or maybe even a second he would've taken it.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:34 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:48 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:30 pm I still think the Blues make the playoffs, BUT if they miss and passed on offers to sell Hoffman, this season will have been one giant negative grade for Army.
Armstrong has been the best Blues GM ever. He can afford a bad grade.
I'm not sure the other GMs were willing to give up a ton for Hoffman anyway. He'd been playing terribly until the day before the deadline. I imagine if someone would've offered a first, or maybe even a second he would've taken it.
Looking at what others got, you could've gotten at worst an extra 2nd for him.

Army certainly has a lot of rope, maybe in infinite amount and rightfully so, but just like with players, we praise the good and point out the bad. He won't be winning any executive of the year awards this go around.
Just a Russian propaganda account