Re: 2021 Trade Deadline Thread

Now that The Blues are on a roll, winning, and playing with much more confidence, I don't think Army will risk the new chemistry by trading off even Hoffman or Dunn, and trying to integrate new players into their lineup. This past 3 games has the feel of the 2019 late season and playoff runs, in terms of team cohesiveness and chemistry. I think The Blues will stand pat. I think Hoffman will be trying hard to work hard to get back on defence, and do his part on the forecheck, to fit in as best he can with the team. He has 18 more regular season games to work on steadily improving that, and I'm guessing that by the playoffs, his defence and synchronised play with his linemates will be adequate.

BluesSK wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:36 am
NHLTIM wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:24 am Blues aren’t moving Dunn...I think he ends up on our protected list.
He's still only 24. Way too early to give up on the guy. I believe he stays.
How many times did we say this about Fabbri, Rattle, etc? Dunn is certainly much better than them, but if he's not going to have a top 4 role long term I think you've gotta move him. I wouldn't do it until the summer though unless there's an offer that knocks my socks off since there's almost no one to replace him. If they're gonna use him top 4, that's fine, but you're going to have to pay him like that eventually, which creates another issue. I like a lot of his game, but think he plays elsewhere in the fall.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:30 am
BluesSK wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:36 am
NHLTIM wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:24 am Blues aren’t moving Dunn...I think he ends up on our protected list.
He's still only 24. Way too early to give up on the guy. I believe he stays.
How many times did we say this about Fabbri, Rattle, etc? Dunn is certainly much better than them, but if he's not going to have a top 4 role long term I think you've gotta move him. I wouldn't do it until the summer though unless there's an offer that knocks my socks off since there's almost no one to replace him. If they're gonna use him top 4, that's fine, but you're going to have to pay him like that eventually, which creates another issue. I like a lot of his game, but think he plays elsewhere in the fall.
Dunn seems like Shatty 2.0, which makes me feel like Army isn't attached.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:33 am
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:17 am Seems crazy Hall didn’t even fetch a first.
Right? How did Foligno fetch a better return. Once I saw that trade I figured that’s the minimum the Blues will get for Hoffman but now not sure.
Hoffman scored as many goals as Hall has all year last game. Plus Hall has a NTC, so he could control where he was headed and severely limit Buffalo's leverage.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!