Re: 2021 Trade Deadline Thread

Hoffman is gone for sure IMO. Still say he's a decent piece to have, it's not like this team is loaded with gifted goal scorers, but if you're jerked around on the lines and playing on the 2nd PP unit, WTF. But unless Blues reel off 3 straight wins before the deadline, I expect him to be gone. And if the Blues lose all 3 before the deadline, I expect 2, maybe 3 moves. Should be anyway.

BillP. wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:27 pm Hoffman is gone for sure IMO. Still say he's a decent piece to have, it's not like this team is loaded with gifted goal scorers, but if you're jerked around on the lines and playing on the 2nd PP unit, WTF. But unless Blues reel off 3 straight wins before the deadline, I expect him to be gone. And if the Blues lose all 3 before the deadline, I expect 2, maybe 3 moves. Should be anyway.
Thing is there's no way he signs here in the offseason anyway. See ya. I don't expect many trades, but they've gotta move Hoffman. This team is going nowhere this year.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:45 pm If you're a GM, and you're selling, how do you approach things this year. Do you still ask for draft picks, or do you ask for minor leaguers that have already been drafted, but haven't made it to the show yet?
For Hoffman...you take the 4th or 5th round pick that’s offered.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:49 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:45 pm If you're a GM, and you're selling, how do you approach things this year. Do you still ask for draft picks, or do you ask for minor leaguers that have already been drafted, but haven't made it to the show yet?
I don't know Tim. Depending on the needs of the team looking at him, you might be able to get a 2nd/3rd and/or a decent prospect already in the system. Hoffman isn't a bad player, he just isn't being used correctly here.

jmo

Gross

Sure hope Schwartz fetches a 1st
"suck a dick Stan Lee"

I wonder what the market is for picks this year. Do GMs value them less than usual because they have so much less information than usual? Personally I still take the picks. I'd take a drafted prospect that is still in juniors, but unlikely one that is playing in the AHL already. I'd like for the Blues to swing for the fences with as many draft picks as they can acquire.

Aesa wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:07 pm
I don't know Tim. Depending on the needs of the team looking at him, you might be able to get a 2nd/3rd and/or a decent prospect already in the system. Hoffman isn't a bad player, he just isn't being used correctly here.

jmo
Guess it would depend on what you consider a decent prospect but ain’t no way Army is getting that package for Hoffman. A 3rd and a C level prospect is pushing it. I would imagine a deal for somebody like Paul Byron and then maybe a 4th rounder.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Good question. If the Blues scouts love a guy like they did with SunnyD, then you take the current prospect.

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:20 pm

jmo
Guess it would depend on what you consider a decent prospect but ain’t no way Army is getting that package for Hoffman. A 3rd and a C level prospect is pushing it. I would imagine a deal for somebody like Paul Byron and then maybe a 4th rounder.
Shit, Paul Byron and a 4th for Hoffman. Deal.

If Blues sweep Minny this weekend, you think Army goes a different direction and trades Hoffman for a steady D man?

BillP. wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:13 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:20 pm

jmo
Shit, Paul Byron and a 4th for Hoffman. Deal.

If Blues sweep Minny this weekend, you think Army goes a different direction and trades Hoffman for a steady D man?
Really just depends on how many teams are interested in him. Maybe that’s where Army lucks out and gets a good deal for him. I still believe this is a buyers market though.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

You know who should overpay for either Dunn or Hoffman? Both Minnesota and Vegas. They're contenders, but suck on the PP. You can bury either one on your bottom line/pair then dust them off for the PP. Minnesota has 2 firsts this year, Vegas has one. I don't care about trading within the division, particularly for Hoffman since he's going UFA. Dunn will probably stick with whatever team, so weigh that however you want. Do it.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:51 pm You know who should overpay for either Dunn or Hoffman? Both Minnesota and Vegas. They're contenders, but suck on the PP. You can bury either one on your bottom line/pair then dust them off for the PP. Minnesota has 2 firsts this year, Vegas has one. I don't care about trading within the division, particularly for Hoffman since he's going UFA. Dunn will probably stick with whatever team, so weigh that however you want. Do it.

Isn't Vegas up against Cap hell (they couldn't dress a player last night due to cap issues) so how would they pick up Hoffman without sending some serious salary back?

Maybe Hoffman (or hell Schwartz and us keeping salary for that matter) and a couple 1rst round picks for Alex Tuch? Love AT's game, and he would be a great fit on wing for the Blues IMHO.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:51 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:51 pm You know who should overpay for either Dunn or Hoffman? Both Minnesota and Vegas. They're contenders, but suck on the PP. You can bury either one on your bottom line/pair then dust them off for the PP. Minnesota has 2 firsts this year, Vegas has one. I don't care about trading within the division, particularly for Hoffman since he's going UFA. Dunn will probably stick with whatever team, so weigh that however you want. Do it.

Isn't Vegas up against Cap hell (they couldn't dress a player last night due to cap issues) so how would they pick up Hoffman without sending some serious salary back?

Maybe Hoffman (or hell Schwartz and us keeping salary for that matter) and a couple 1rst round picks for Alex Tuch? Love AT's game, and he would be a great fit on wing for the Blues IMHO.
He's only making $4M this year and it's prorated, so you really don't have to take that much salary back. You can make it a dollar for dollar trade with whatever short term scrap heap Vegas wants to send back and attach a pick to it. Blues are going to have to retain some of his salary most likely since all the buyers are close to being capped out for the most part.

If Minnesota wants to buy, I can see them going after Hoffman but they don’t need or probably want Dunn. The last time Minny had a good year and bought they screwed themselves with Hanzal. Their best move might be no move. Ever since Zuccarello came back they took off. Good player that little Zuch.

BillP. wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:29 pm
If Minnesota wants to buy, I can see them going after Hoffman but they don’t need or probably want Dunn. The last time Minny had a good year and bought they screwed themselves with Hanzal. Their best move might be no move. Ever since Zuccarello came back they took off. Good player that little Zuch.
They've legit never had a team better than they have now, and they're still third in their division. Buy now. Cost isn't going to be that high.

BluesSK wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:47 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:19 am Minor deal for Panthers to free up cap space:

So now who do they go after?
Wow. Brett Connelly. That's a name I haven't heard in a while. I had no idea he was still in the League. Or is he just there on paper?
Yeah he’s still around...he’s actually only 28 years old. He had a bad injury going into his draft year but has made a nice career for himself. Had a decent year last year.

"Suck a dick Johansen"