GDT - BLUES vs Golden Nights

BLUES VS. GOLDEN KNIGHTS

When: Monday, April 5 at 7 p.m.
Where: Enterprise Center in St. Louis, MO
Watch: Bally Sports Midwest, FOX Sports GO
Listen: 101 ESPN, NHL App

********************************************************************************************************************************
Per Lou Korac:

The Blues' projected lineup:

Mike Hoffman-Ryan O'Reilly-David Perron

Jaden Schwartz-Brayden Schenn-Jordan Kyrou

Ivan Barbashev-Robert Thomas-Vladimir Tarasenko

Kyle Clifford-Tyler Bozak-Zach Sanford

Torey Krug-Justin Faulk

Marco Scandella-Vince Dunn

Jake Walman-Robert Bortuzzo

Ville Husso will start in goal; Jordan Binnington will be the backup. Healthy scratches include Sammy Blais, Jacob de la Rose and Niko Mikkola. Colton Parayko (shoulder) and Mackenzie MacEachern (upper body) remain out. Oskar Sundqvist (knee) and Carl Gunnarsson (knee) are out for the season.

- - -

The Golden Knights' projected lineup:

Max Pacioretty-Cody Glass-Mark Stone

Jonathan Marchessault-William Karlsson-Reilly Smith

Keegan Kolesar-Tomas Nosek-Alex Tuch

William Carrier-Patrick Brown-Nicolas Roy

Alec Martinez-Shea Theodore

Brayden McNabb-Alex Pietrangelo

Nicolas Hague-Dylan Coghlan

Robin Lehner will start in goal; Marc-Andre Fleury will be the backup. Vegas reports no healthy scratches. Ryan Reaves (lower body) is a game-time decision. Zach Whitecloud (upper body) is out. Chandler Stephenson will serve the third of a three-game suspension.

Re: GDT - BLUES vs Golden Nights

I'm fucking fed up with the accolades poured on Tarasenko, what the fuck has he done lately?I'll answer my own question, fucking nothing. Wait, I remember what he's done lately, he turned the puck over in the offensive zone pretty much every time he touches the God blessed biscuit. End of rant. Carry on.

Sure feels like the Blues are really missing a) a competent goaltending tandem and b) an elite defensemen. Sucks because it seems like we got rid of a) to make cap space for b), but we still don’t seem to have b.

This may be unfair to Parayko whose been injured but a top pairing of Faulk-Krug is just a step down from what we’ve had in the past.

The Blues are terrible on defence. And their problems with dealing with opponents' forechecks is getting worse and worse. They can't skate or pass the puck out of their own zone. And now, they can't even ice the puck out of the zone. Still, Husso had a few bad goals, and I'm wondering whether he is not an NHL-level backup.