Re: GDT: St. louis Blues @ Vegas - 3/22 9:00

Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:17 am When Chief took over from Hitch, he put together four lines and three pairs, and pretty much didn't fuck with them. If someone got hurt, he just plugged in a replacement an moved on.....since then, he hasn't been able to do that due to the massive amount of injuries on both sides of the puck. This shit we are watching is like Hitch-Hockey 2.0 , only this is out of necessity, and not playing mind games with the players.
Playing without a Maroon, or Reavoes definitely makes them play smaller.
One of Krug or Dunn has to go IMO... you can't hide two of those kind of guys on the same defense. Army needs to find a bruiser or two, this defense is waaay too soft.
If a player like Blais, who grew up with the Blues, can't motivate himself.... it's time to move on from him.
Walman is gonna take someone's job... he's legit.
So you see it too with the D? Army was big on building from the D when he got here so I'm hoping he addresses what we got or lack thereof. But in regards to Dunn and Krug, don't forget Perunovich is on the way. I think Dunn will be gone, but I don't see Krug going anywhere. It's a shame we haven't seen the best of him yet. His offensive numbers should be better.

Re: GDT: St. louis Blues @ Vegas - 3/22 9:00

Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:17 am When Chief took over from Hitch, he put together four lines and three pairs, and pretty much didn't fuck with them. If someone got hurt, he just plugged in a replacement an moved on.....since then, he hasn't been able to do that due to the massive amount of injuries on both sides of the puck. This shit we are watching is like Hitch-Hockey 2.0 , only this is out of necessity, and not playing mind games with the players.
Playing without a Maroon, or Reavoes definitely makes them play smaller.
One of Krug or Dunn has to go IMO... you can't hide two of those kind of guys on the same defense. Army needs to find a bruiser or two, this defense is waaay too soft.
If a player like Blais, who grew up with the Blues, can't motivate himself.... it's time to move on from him.
Walman is gonna take someone's job... he's legit.
I think the line juggling has been forced by the volume of injuries. As forwards come back I think that settles down. On the backend I totally agree. Dunn is outta here. I like Dunn overall as a player and think he'll have a nice career, but he's just Diet Krug, and with the roster construction as it is, we can't really afford that right now. This season has shown how crucial a healthy Parayko is. The pairings fall apart without him. Krug-Faulk is a fine pairing, but after that you run into trouble without a real shutdown pair. Dunn played with Scandella on his offside last night and it just doesn't work long term. Bortuzzo is a great team guy, but he should be the 7th D, not a mainstay. Mikkola/Walman can be NHL regulars, but are in a position to get overexposed. I think the whole D corp gets reconstructed this offseason, and Dunn is the easiest to move.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!