Re: GDT: St. Louis Blues @ LA Kings - 8:00 3/5 - TV:FSMW

Robb_K wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:42 pm
BillP. wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:36 pm Hoffman is a keeper in my book. We need a sniper. 3 year deal would be nice.
The Blues need to make a priority to resign him, and not let him go to a higher bidder. And they also can't make the mistake of exposing Perron to the expansion draft.
I don’t think you can re-sign both him and Schwartz. They are going to have to decide between the two
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:45 pm
BillP. wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:36 pm Hoffman is a keeper in my book. We need a sniper. 3 year deal would be nice.
The Blues need to make a priority to resign him, and not let him go to a higher bidder. And they also can't make the mistake of exposing Perron to the expansion draft.
I don’t think you can re-sign both him and Schwartz. They are going to have to decide between the two
Unless we trade Tarasenko... :o
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou

That's a pisser! :evil:

If it’s a bulging disc for Schwartz, his stock is down.

Positives to take away from last night besides the 2 points:
1. Husso looked good. The second goal was weird, but not bad. I'd need a goalie guy to tell me if he was out of position or not, but he was clearly anticipating a pass to the King streaking into the slot, and was not anticipating Faulk would accidentally kick it in.
2. Hoffman gave you everything you want to see out of him when sigining him. First of all the game winner is exactly why he's here, just a one timer ripped from the circle. Secondly, right before Perron's game tying goal he hustled to beat out Kopitar for a loose puck that would've led to an empty net goal for the Kings to end any hopes of a comeback.
3. The Bortuzzo/Mikkola pairing has been on the ice for a lot of goals against for the last week or so, but fared well enough last night. I'd like to see Mikkola play a litte sturdier for a prolonged stretch, so hopefully last night was the start of that.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:49 am Positives to take away from last night besides the 2 points:
1. Husso looked good. The second goal was weird, but not bad. I'd need a goalie guy to tell me if he was out of position or not, but he was clearly anticipating a pass to the King streaking into the slot, and was not anticipating Faulk would accidentally kick it in.
2. Hoffman gave you everything you want to see out of him when sigining him. First of all the game winner is exactly why he's here, just a one timer ripped from the circle. Secondly, right before Perron's game tying goal he hustled to beat out Kopitar for a loose puck that would've led to an empty net goal for the Kings to end any hopes of a comeback.
3. The Bortuzzo/Mikkola pairing has been on the ice for a lot of goals against for the last week or so, but fared well enough last night. I'd like to see Mikkola play a litte sturdier for a prolonged stretch, so hopefully last night was the start of that.
I was aware of the Hoffman save as well, but with his speed and Kopitar not being a burner, he better fuckn win that race.

BillP. wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:28 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:49 am Positives to take away from last night besides the 2 points:
I was aware of the Hoffman save as well, but with his speed and Kopitar not being a burner, he better fuckn win that race.
It was a sign that his "give a shit" is at the right level. He doesn't have a heavy game, but he's fit in well here thanks to making an effort to get back. He'll never be a Selke candidate, but if he's making an effort to be on the right side of the puck I'll take it.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BillP. wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:33 am
If it’s a bulging disc for Schwartz, his stock is down.
It sucks for Schwartz but he may be looking at a lot less money, so who knows. Maybe we can keep him.