Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs Kings - Wed 2/24 8:30 - TV: NBCSN

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:52 am
Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:36 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:51 amFun Fact: The Blues have NEVER won a Cup without Petro and Tarasenko.
They've never won a cup without Sanford scoring at least 1 goal in game 7 of the finals.
Fact.
Bigger Fact: The Blues have never won the Cup without Hullie falling down drunk. Quick, somebody help him up!

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:56 pm Much like with Justin Faulk....there is Gonna be a lot of crow served up when this team is representing the Honda division in the semifinals.
Injuries are a bitch...when we get healthy we are gonna be fine . BOOK IT!
Assuming the big boys heal up, I think there's a pretty good chance. There have actually been a lot of things that have gone extremely well this season. Kyrou looks great. Faulk is playing like he did in the bubble. Binnington is NOT playing like he did in the bubble. Almost all of the disappointment has been injury related this season. Sure, Husso has been bad, but not many expected him to play much this year anyway. Tread water. Heal up. Get back to business.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

ratonmono wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:17 pm Yeah I'm surely not happy with the current predicament but once they start getting healthy I'm sure the ship will get righted. Things were looking decent overall before the pileup of bodies.
8 game series against Minnesota in final 12. Looks like there’s 4 against Colorado prior to that. Blues better be in good shape heading into that stretch run.

It makes sense for us to root for Vegas and Avs to win every night so that they beat up on the teams the Blues will be fighting with for the last 2 spots.

BillP. wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:42 am
ratonmono wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:17 pm Yeah I'm surely not happy with the current predicament but once they start getting healthy I'm sure the ship will get righted. Things were looking decent overall before the pileup of bodies.
8 game series against Minnesota in final 12. Looks like there’s 4 against Colorado prior to that. Blues better be in good shape heading into that stretch run.

It makes sense for us to root for Vegas and Avs to win every night so that they beat up on the teams the Blues will be fighting with for the last 2 spots.
That's a great point about the end of season schedule, Bill. Minnesota is unrecognizable this year. Kaprisov has been everything they'd hoped for and more. They're actually fun to watch, and are getting saves again now that Dubnyk is out of there.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!