Ozzies09tc wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:56 pm
BluesSK wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:52 pm

Walman
Santini
Reinke
Tucker

And that's it.
Man... if the AHL was playing THAT team would have NOBODY
They are playing in Utica with the Vancouver minor leaguers.
So since we have an ahl team... are they sporting an echl or qmjhl team then??
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou

Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs Kings - Wed 2/24 8:30 - TV: NBCSN

Ozzies09tc wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:13 am
BluesSK wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:02 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:56 pmMan... if the AHL was playing THAT team would have NOBODY
They are playing in Utica with the Vancouver minor leaguers.
So since we have an ahl team... are they sporting an echl or qmjhl team then??
Well, at least your familiarity with lower level North American hockey leagues is laudable.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:38 am Maybe Petro was important to the team?
Coincidentally right after I read your comment I ran across this tidbit on Petro from a fancy stats article in the Athletic:
12. Oh boy, indeed. At first blush, Alex Pietrangelo has not had the start in Vegas that many would’ve expected. Among defencemen, he’s last on the team with a garish 46 percent expected goals rate with an equally ugly 44 percent actual goals rate. The only other defencemen who are negative in both are his main partner, Brayden McNabb, and the team’s rotating cast of sixth defenders. He also has just six points in 13 games, with five of those being secondary assists.
The article went on to point out that Petro has by far had the toughest matchups of any Vegas defenseman, but it seems like he might be going through a Faulk-like adjustment period.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

I have no hate at all for Petro......but he just isn’t a superstar. He is a very good, very solid defenseman, and I would love it if he was still here. But Vegas paid him like a star, and that contract is going to suck in a couple of years. Petro has never been fast, and at 31, he isn’t going to do anything but slow down. He has never been injury prone, but things can start to go wrong as he gets older. Again, I’d love to still have him here, but thank God we didn’t give him an 8-yr, big dollar contract. With Faulk playing so much better this year, and being 2 years younger than Petro, maybe Army wasn’t so dumb after all.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:36 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:51 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:38 am Maybe Petro was important to the team?
Fun Fact: The Blues have NEVER won a Cup without Petro and Tarasenko.
They've never won a cup without Sanford scoring at least 1 goal in game 7 of the finals.
Fact.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!