GDT: St Louis Blues @ Ducks - 7:00 Sun 1/31 - TV:FSMW/ESPN+ Radio:101.1

The dreaded second game of a back to back. I'd be surprised if we didn't see Husso tonight.

WHAT TO WATCH
With Saturday's win against the Ducks, the St. Louis Blues recorded their first winning streak of the season and improved to 3-1-1 in their last five games.

The Blues are 5-0 in the first game of a divisional series but 0-2-1 in the second game.

Will they break that trend on Sunday?

THE SERIES SO FAR
Jan. 30: Blues 6, Ducks 1
Jordan Kyrou scored 20 seconds in, Zach Sanford followed it up with a goal at the 57-second mark and then Kyrou scored again at 2:06, giving the Blues a new franchise record for the fastest three goals to begin a game (126 seconds). It was the fastest to the mark in 34 years and fifth fastest all-time in NHL history. David Perron, Kyle Clifford and Vince Dunn also scored in a 6-1 rout at Honda Center.

WHAT THEY'RE SAYING
"We're really all kind of starting to buy in. We got a lot of work to do, but it's a unique season. ... We're doing a good job so far taking care of ourselves." - Jordan Binnington after Saturday's 6-1 win

BLUE NOTES
The Blues have won five straight games in Anaheim, outscoring the Ducks 24-10 in that stretch… David Perron is on a four-game point streak (four goals, three assists)… Jordan Kyrou leads the Blues with five goals this season and is tied for eighth overall in the NHL in that department… Since Jan. 1, 2019, the Blues have the second-most road wins (37), trailing only Tampa Bay's 38.

https://www.nhl.com/blues/news/preview- ... =282288828
Just a Russian propaganda account

Re: GDT: St Louis Blues @ Ducks - 7:00 Sun 1/31 - TV:FSMW/ESPN+ Radio:101.1

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:14 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:20 am Kinda think they roll with Binner again since he had a light load last night. Makes a lot of sense to get Husso back in there though.
The fact that they play again Tuesday makes me think it'll be Husso.
Sure. He's gotta get back in there sometime. The next set of back to backs is against Colorado, so better to start him tonight.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:20 am Kinda think they roll with Binner again since he had a light load last night. Makes a lot of sense to get Husso back in there though.
I think Husso, but with a short leash. Tell the D and forwards to play it tight and limit the Ducks’ chances, and maybe the kid gets a little confidence.

Matangama wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:21 pm
I think Husso, but with a short leash. Tell the D and forwards to play it tight and limit the Ducks’ chances, and maybe the kid gets a little confidence.
Honestly put him in there, but I don't think you need to play tighter than usual. A. You don't want the skaters overthinking things, and B. The Ducks have scored fewer than every team in the league besides Carolina, who has only played 5 games. This is as backup friendly of a matchup as you can get.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:06 pm
JMC-STL wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:06 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:43 am The dreaded second game of a back to back. I'd be surprised if we didn't see Husso tonight. ...
So the team can blame their inevitable loss on the rookie goalie?
I'll be blaming it on Turk's dinner choice
And you still wonder why you never get a dinner invitation to Turk-a-Lago?

Dave's a mess wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:55 pm
Sure. He's gotta get back in there sometime. The next set of back to backs is against Colorado, so better to start him tonight.
Agree. At some point, he's either got to prove himself, or be replaced. The longer he sits on the bench, the more it works on his confidence.

Then again, maybe Army can trade Adam Wainwright to Montreal and get Allen back!! 😀