Re: GDT: St Louis Blues @ Avalanche - 8:00 1/15 - TV:FSMW/ESPN+ Radio: 101.1

Not the greatest of periods for The Blues, as The Avs angry about their loss Wednesday night, were flying a stride ahead of them most of the time. Hoffman looks a little off (still needing to get to know the tendencies and click with his linemates). But glad he's playing, and bolstering the Top 9. I don't like not being able to post during the game. But , I'm still in L.A. and so I have NHL Centre Ice. But this game wasn't on national TV, and I've only got my traveling laptop at my sister's house, and I can't monopolise the family's TV putting the game on the TV set. And I want to see the game as large as possible, so I need full screen for the broadcast.

I hope The Blues take the play more to the Avs in The 2nd, but they also have to be careful to not expend too much energy in the thin air, and get the common 3rd Period cave-in. The Blues' forwards were backchecking nicely during the 1st, so they helped keep it scoreless, given that The Blues' defencemen were playing fairly well, as well. But, The Avs were skating fast, hitting hard, and dominating puck possession, so The Blues couldn't get many good scoring opportunities. So, it was doubly frustrating that The Blues couldn't do much on their 2 power plays. Glad Sundqvist only got a stinger to the mid section, and didn't get hurt.

On to The 2nd!

Lots of bad luck tonight, with Bortuzzo hurt and knocked out early (high hit to the head-probably not back due to concussion protocol), and Schwartz getting hit in the face with a high stick while on The PK in The OZ, causing The Avs to be 2-men up on the rush to The Blues' Zone, and an easy goal. Lots of tripping and obvious wrestling takedowns let go by The Refs, all on a night when The Avs came out flying, and The Blues are sloppy with the puck. The combination is too much for The Blues to handle with a tired defence, and hardly being able to move the puck out of their zone. Might as well let Husso play The 3rd, as this is a game The Blues are not going to win, unless they change their play to "protect" the rookie goalie. 8-) It couldn't hurt, and might possibly help.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:42 pm Not the best first period. Looking forward to see what adjustments Chief makes.

Hear me out, I love the Krug Parayko pairing BUT I feel like that means Krug is gunna be playing against the other teams top line and be stuck in a defensive role too much to use his offense. Break them up?
I hear ya. It works great if you're winning but in a condensed schedule it could bite them.

BluesSK wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:50 pmJoe Vitale might be a good guy and all but he makes Kerber ten times more awful.
My contention still stands: Kerbs has become a FAR better hockey analyst than he will ever be as a play-by-play announcer. He acts like a school boy when he's paired with anyone in the booth or on the other end of the intercom, cutting up & constantly distracted from his paid job. He belongs on a podcast, not a broadcast.

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:15 pm
bradleygt89 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:31 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:29 pm nhl66.ir for streaming....thank me later
Or just pay the $90 for Blues only streaming on NHL.com TV.

(unless you are in a blackout zone and have been fucked by FSMW...then yeah, fuck them ;) ).
I buy the NHL package every year. For $99 this year you get every game.
"every" game. if it were "every" game regardless of location i would buy it.