Re: 2021 St. Louis Blues Thread

BluesSK wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:37 pm
RAFritchey wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:17 pm Could they have sent him down without going through waivers?
Binnington is off the Covid list so I don't think they wanted to keep him. NJ did us a favor by taking him off our hands

Hope we don't get charged for tampering.
He was fairly impressive in his appearance here, in spite of the loss. I didn't know if it was just getting something when we would have lost him for nothing otherwise, or a case of doing him a solid and sending him to a team where he'll at least be a regular backup instead of burying him in our system in case we might need him again.

RAFritchey wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:59 pm
BluesSK wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:37 pm
RAFritchey wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:17 pm Could they have sent him down without going through waivers?
Binnington is off the Covid list so I don't think they wanted to keep him. NJ did us a favor by taking him off our hands

Hope we don't get charged for tampering.
He was fairly impressive in his appearance here, in spite of the loss. I didn't know if it was just getting something when we would have lost him for nothing otherwise, or a case of doing him a solid and sending him to a team where he'll at least be a regular backup instead of burying him in our system in case we might need him again.
I think Armstrong has been pretty accommodating to players by sending them where they have a chance to play as opposed to burying them in the minors. It helps us to find players on short notice.

BluesSK wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:29 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:16 pm Well, the Blues did trade a goalie

How will the Jon Gillies era be remembered?
Maybe the price of future considerations is because The Blues are negotiating a big trade with The Devils right now, and sending the first part of the package early, because The Devils need him right away? Didn't The Blues sign Gillies off the streets? If so, getting back this extra value makes up for losing some player asset value to Covid so far. Another slick move by Army. If it IS, I hope it's not the dreaded 3-way trade involving Tarasenko. :|

Robb_K wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:33 pm
BluesSK wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:29 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:16 pm Well, the Blues did trade a goalie

How will the Jon Gillies era be remembered?
Maybe the price of future considerations is because The Blues are negotiating a big trade with The Devils right now, and sending the first part of the package early, because The Devils need him right away? Didn't The Blues sign Gillies off the streets? If so, getting back this extra value makes up for losing some player asset value to Covid so far. Another slick move by Army. If it IS, I hope it's not the dreaded 3-way trade involving Tarasenko. :|
I was under the impression that "future considerations" is code for "absolutely nothing". The Blues did sign him off the streets a couple weeks ago. They need his cap space to ice a full lineup until everyone comes back from injury/covid. It's not a bad deal for Gillies either as he gets to stay in the NHL for now.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Turk Sanderson wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:12 pm Sundqvist goes on the Covid protocol list... par for the course.
Earlier in the season I was worried about our extensive Covid protocol and injury lists. Given how our call-ups have done so far, however, I'm almost excited to see how they embrace the extra opportunities!

(Still wishing Sunny and all of the others get healthy and well soon!)

RAFritchey wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:23 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:12 pm Sundqvist goes on the Covid protocol list... par for the course.
Earlier in the season I was worried about our extensive Covid protocol and injury lists. Given how our call-ups have done so far, however, I'm almost excited to see how they embrace the extra opportunities!

(Still wishing Sunny and all of the others get healthy and well soon!)
I think a bit more rest for him is a good thing after the multiple surgeries.

We're fine. Lots of guys coming back soon.

Watch out! lol. I’ve tagged all the local “reporters” multiple times, going into year three soon, asking about the inability of anyone other than DirecTV customers to watch games for their local markets (amounting to millions of hockey fans not being able to see their teams), asking why no one is talking about it, etc. Not one of them a) responded, or b) did a story on it. Real voices of the people. But yeah, keep asking me for money to read your shit.

Like most idiots, JR would probably respond to a perceived troll before a legitimate question like mine, so yeah - look out!