Re: Blues training camp 2021

MattyIce wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:15 pm So I am guessing there is a "fifth line" of Blais, MacMac, and DLR for your fill-ins...
Interesting that Clifford is in there over Blais. He had 133 hits in 69 games last year. That's a nice physical presence to add to this lineup.
I think Clifford and Blais are gonna rotate in and out. We know Blais though...he will be hurt by the end of January.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:38 pm
MattyIce wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:15 pm So I am guessing there is a "fifth line" of Blais, MacMac, and DLR for your fill-ins...
Interesting that Clifford is in there over Blais. He had 133 hits in 69 games last year. That's a nice physical presence to add to this lineup.
I think Clifford and Blais are gonna rotate in and out. We know Blais though...he will be hurt by the end of January.
Agreed. I wish Blais could stay healthy because his physicality is valuable and he has better skills than Clifford offensively. But that said swapping these two out over the course of a condensed season is the best option. Clifford gives us a little nasty that we lost with Maroon.

Looking at those forwards, Hoffman really rounds that group out. I'm really digging this lineup. I know it is hard to count on at this point, but if they get a healthy Tarasenko back towards the end of the year, this team is loaded. But, even without him, the addition of Hoffman really added some needed depth.
KA-KAW!

MattyIce wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:25 am Looking at those forwards, Hoffman really rounds that group out. I'm really digging this lineup. I know it is hard to count on at this point, but if they get a healthy Tarasenko back towards the end of the year, this team is loaded. But, even without him, the addition of Hoffman really added some needed depth.
Yep. For me this season the keys are:
1. Find right mix on D. The pieces are there, find what works.
2. Figure out how to use the new PP toys (Krug/Hoffman) most effectively.
3. Binner Binner Binner.

Binnington doesn't need to be 2019 Binnington, but he cannot be bubble Binnington. There's no safety net.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

T.C. wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:58 pm Ugh. So it begins. I do not like this idea of turning NHL into Nascar or the Euro leagues from an advertising perspective. Not one bit. I find it ugly and distasteful. Of course, I’m also not writing the payroll checks.
Don't worry, no one will be able to watch them wear the helmets anyway
Just a Russian propaganda account

Only thing of note here is that Walman is practicing with the varsity while Mikkola and Perunovich are with the JV.

Perunovich (I think), had a pretty bad turnover that led to a goal in the scrimmage, but that's probably reading too much into it. Not even sure it was him anyway, haha.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!