Re: Blues sign Hoffman to professional tryout

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:28 am
ratonmono wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:44 pm So the lines are?

Hoffman O'Reilly Perron
Schwartz Schenn Kyrou
Sanford Thomas Bozak
Barbashev Sundqvist Blais

Clifford, McEachern, DLR extras

Wouldn't mind moving Bozak at this point.
I would expect Thomas on the wing of a top two line. Bozak centering 3rd line. And Clifford in Kyrou out

Hoffman - ROR - Perron
Schwartz - Schenn - Thomas
Sanford - Bozak - Blais
Clifford - Barb - SunnyD

And that's a damn good team. If they are determined to play Kyrou, put him in Blais spot who drops down to Clifford's spot.
At some point Kyrou is going to sink or swim. He improved last year, hopefully he takes another step. I honestly forget if he plays on the left or right wing, but regardless, I love that Army isn't banking on potential. I think a key factor in how the top 9 shakes out is how Bozak looks in the middle as a near 35 year old. If he's holding his own, that's a good line for Kyrou as his speed balances out Bozak's deficiency there, but Bozak's awareness and D-Zone presence helps a learning Kyrou. Trouble is, yes, that's also the logical spot for Blais, haha. If Bozak's not looking great at Center, you've got to move Thomas to that slot you'd think, and additional juggling is required.

In any event, as you mentioned, that's a strong forward group. Now we just have to hope Binner is closer to his 2019 self than 2020. If so, let's add a title in a new division.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Re: Blues sign Hoffman to professional tryout

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:02 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:28 am
ratonmono wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:44 pm So the lines are?

Hoffman O'Reilly Perron
Schwartz Schenn Kyrou
Sanford Thomas Bozak
Barbashev Sundqvist Blais

Clifford, McEachern, DLR extras

Wouldn't mind moving Bozak at this point.
I would expect Thomas on the wing of a top two line. Bozak centering 3rd line. And Clifford in Kyrou out

Hoffman - ROR - Perron
Schwartz - Schenn - Thomas
Sanford - Bozak - Blais
Clifford - Barb - SunnyD

And that's a damn good team. If they are determined to play Kyrou, put him in Blais spot who drops down to Clifford's spot.
At some point Kyrou is going to sink or swim. He improved last year, hopefully he takes another step. I honestly forget if he plays on the left or right wing, but regardless, I love that Army isn't banking on potential. I think a key factor in how the top 9 shakes out is how Bozak looks in the middle as a near 35 year old. If he's holding his own, that's a good line for Kyrou as his speed balances out Bozak's deficiency there, but Bozak's awareness and D-Zone presence helps a learning Kyrou. Trouble is, yes, that's also the logical spot for Blais, haha. If Bozak's not looking great at Center, you've got to move Thomas to that slot you'd think, and additional juggling is required.

In any event, as you mentioned, that's a strong forward group. Now we just have to hope Binner is closer to his 2019 self than 2020. If so, let's add a title in a new division.
I agree with a lot of what you said. In reality, talking lines is kind of moot, especially this season. It's just fun fan banter because guys are going to get healthy scratch nights off and at some point players are going to get covid. The fact that the Blues might be the deepest team is hockey sets them up better than most teams.
Just a Russian propaganda account