Re: Team USA 2021 WJC Thread

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:08 pm It's the time of year I regret being too cheap for NHL Network.
Thursday night is the night you want NHL network Dave....Canada and Finland and USA vs Sweden.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:59 pm The quality of play from the Euro teams is really disappointing this year. Hopefully we will get a USA and Canada final.
I haven’t watched a lot. But what I’ve seen has been underwhelming. I’m glad you said this cause I was worried I was getting bored with hockey :lol:

For the record...Tim is not a "pro Canada WJC" anything. I'm pro North American boy and will always pull for the Americans first and Canada second.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

JMC-STL wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:02 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:13 pmFor the record...Tim is not a "pro Canada WJC" anything. I'm pro North American boy and will always pull for the Americans first and Canada second.
Россия, Россия, Россия ... No, wait ... they're out ... :?
USA, Canada, Finland and then whoever is playing the Russians....that’s the order .

"Suck a dick Johansen"

BillP. wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:35 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:37 am
BillP. wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:08 am USA and Finland

Canada and Russia

Monday!
Russia with the easy draw to the finals.
Finland over Russia in Final - ha

Canada and USA for 3rd place :)

Would that be a jolt or what?
Depends on if Russia decides they feel like playing....thats what you always get with the Russians though. They will need Askarov to steal the game for them...their forwards won't likely do it. If Askarov is just average....Russia is in trouble. Cozen's, Krebs, McMichael all playing well and Byfield is quietly having a very good tournament and Tomasino is gonna wreck havoc on the Blues for years to come. I do like that Russian forward Egor Afanasyev though....he's a player. Looks like the Predators have a couple of good players coming soon. Canada will need their defense to step up a bit against the Russians....they need more from Drysdale....underwhelming for me so far.
The Fins look interested now and seem to have some momentum going....USA looks to be quite a bit deeper now that their defense has come together. I didn't like it on paper but they have played well. I don't think they have any trouble with the Fins when it comes down to it.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:31 am
BillP. wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:35 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:37 am

Russia with the easy draw to the finals.
Finland over Russia in Final - ha

Canada and USA for 3rd place :)

Would that be a jolt or what?
Depends on if Russia decides they feel like playing....thats what you always get with the Russians though. They will need Askarov to steal the game for them...their forwards won't likely do it. If Askarov is just average....Russia is in trouble. Cozen's, Krebs, McMichael all playing well and Byfield is quietly having a very good tournament and Tomasino is gonna wreck havoc on the Blues for years to come. I do like that Russian forward Egor Afanasyev though....he's a player. Looks like the Predators have a couple of good players coming soon. Canada will need their defense to step up a bit against the Russians....they need more from Drysdale....underwhelming for me so far.
The Fins look interested now and seem to have some momentum going....USA looks to be quite a bit deeper now that their defense has come together. I didn't like it on paper but they have played well. I don't think they have any trouble with the Fins when it comes down to it.
Thanks for the run down. Should be USA / Canada. Looking forward to these games.