Re: Team USA 2021 WJC Thread

All I know is if you’ve got the top pick in the 2021 NHL draft and you pass on Matthew Beniers, you are gonna regret it for a long time. That kid is a freaking player.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Bronze for Finland.....it's a perfect WJC as far as i'm concerned. Gold and Silver for the North American boys and my favorite Euro's, the Fins finishing 3rd.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Canada has zero bite to their game and they didn’t need it until the final. Jake Neighbours would have helped them tonight. They had nobody to create energy.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:59 am Canada has zero bite to their game and they didn’t need it until the final. Jake Neighbours would have helped them tonight. They had nobody to create energy.
I don't think we ever got the official NHLTIM Jake Neighbours draft pick take. Also this was a great preview of how the Blues will beat the Avs in the playoffs this year.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:39 am
NHLTIM wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:59 am Canada has zero bite to their game and they didn’t need it until the final. Jake Neighbours would have helped them tonight. They had nobody to create energy.
I don't think we ever got the official NHLTIM Jake Neighbours draft pick take. Also this was a great preview of how the Blues will beat the Avs in the playoffs this year.
Neighbours is what I would say has all the qualities that I look for in a player....definitely my kind of player for sure but with that said, still not the guy I was looking at in the first round. I was a little bit disappointed and once Connor Zary was off the board, I was a little pissed . He was there for the taking...easily a guy that could have been traded up for. The Flames actually traded down twice and still got him. Once Zary was off the board I would have preferred Ozzy Wiesblatt. Oddly enough Canada could have used a couple of guys like Neighbours and Wiesblatt last night. By the way those two are best of friends. Neighbours will be a fan favorite here for sure. He’s nasty as hell to play against. I just think he was more of a second round guy but I also firmly believe in reaching for they guy you want and if he was the Blues guy that’s all that matters.
Zary was right there though....right in our wheelhouse.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:22 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:39 am
Neighbours is what I would say has all the qualities that I look for in a player....definitely my kind of player for sure but with that said, still not the guy I was looking at in the first round. I was a little bit disappointed and once Connor Zary was off the board, I was a little pissed . He was there for the taking...easily a guy that could have been traded up for. The Flames actually traded down twice and still got him. Once Zary was off the board I would have preferred Ozzy Wiesblatt. Oddly enough Canada could have used a couple of guys like Neighbours and Wiesblatt last night. By the way those two are best of friends. Neighbours will be a fan favorite here for sure. He’s nasty as hell to play against. I just think he was more of a second round guy but I also firmly believe in reaching for they guy you want and if he was the Blues guy that’s all that matters.
Zary was right there though....right in our wheelhouse.
Good stuff. Hopefully he gets a chance to start playing again soon after camp wraps up. Rough year of development for prospects everywhere.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!