Re: Alex Steen has retired

In terms of individual moments, he produced two of the absolute greatest in the post lockout era. His shorthanded OT winner against the Kings in 2013, and his triple OT winner against the Hawks in 2014. Never ever gave less than 100%. Before his game fell off, was one of the few in the league that could play first line, first PP unit, first PK unit without a second's hesitation. Hell of a freaking hockey player.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:40 am In terms of individual moments, he produced two of the absolute greatest in the post lockout era. His shorthanded OT winner against the Kings in 2013, and his triple OT winner against the Hawks in 2014. Never ever gave less than 100%. Before his game fell off, was one of the few in the league that could play first line, first PP unit, first PK unit without a second's hesitation. Hell of a freaking hockey player.
The thing I appreciate about him is that when his game did fall off, he recognized it and did whatever he could to help the team, which meant playing a 4th line role and not complaining about it.
Just a Russian propaganda account

there was a time when he was the only player exhibiting any give-a-shit, and he dragged the entire time forward on his shoulders. i will always love him for that. but it's time. so this is good news. hope he enjoys a good life, he's earned it.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:59 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:40 am In terms of individual moments, he produced two of the absolute greatest in the post lockout era. His shorthanded OT winner against the Kings in 2013, and his triple OT winner against the Hawks in 2014. Never ever gave less than 100%. Before his game fell off, was one of the few in the league that could play first line, first PP unit, first PK unit without a second's hesitation. Hell of a freaking hockey player.
The thing I appreciate about him is that when his game did fall off, he recognized it and did whatever he could to help the team, which meant playing a 4th line role and not complaining about it.
And his team got to drink out of a shiny trophy because of it. So many things had to go right for that Cup win, and Steen willingly taking a reduced role and still busting his ass was one of them. This is a well earned retirement. Hope his back heals up so he can enjoy life after hockey to it's fullest.

BillP. wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:10 pm I'm guessing Army and Steen talked and there's a job lined up for him with the Blues. I mean you just don't walk away from 5M. Gotta believe there's something down the line for him with the Blues.
Well to be fair, it'd be $3.5 not $5.75. Also the early reporting was that he wouldn't be filing the retirement papers, so he'd still be getting paid.

He'll go on LTIR though, so the cap hit will go away.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:28 pm
BillP. wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:10 pm I'm guessing Army and Steen talked and there's a job lined up for him with the Blues. I mean you just don't walk away from 5M. Gotta believe there's something down the line for him with the Blues.
Well to be fair, it'd be $3.5 not $5.75. Also the early reporting was that he wouldn't be filing the retirement papers, so he'd still be getting paid.

That, per usual, is some piss poor wording from JR.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:38 pm
BillP. wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:10 pmI'm guessing Army and Steen talked and there's a job lined up for him with the Blues. I mean you just don't walk away from 5M. Gotta believe there's something down the line for him with the Blues.

Hey, it's Twitter, where users are encouraged to omit key information.

Well that makes sense. I know Steener is a good guy, but I didn’t think he’d just walk away from a few more million.

JMC-STL wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:44 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:38 pm

Hey, it's Twitter, where users are encouraged to omit key information.

JR sucks at his job...he is the worst fucking grifter ever to darken an arena.