Re: Canada’s final WJC roster

NHLTIM wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:32 pm USA final roster

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2068839
So looking at this roster I thought, man, almost everybody already drafted, only one younger, draft eligible skater. Maybe the US can do well based on having a bunch of more experienced guys and give Canada a run for their money! Then I saw Canada has 0 draft eligible skaters, hahaha. Kirby Dach is going to have 90 points in a 2 week tournament.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:11 am
NHLTIM wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:32 pm USA final roster

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2068839
So looking at this roster I thought, man, almost everybody already drafted, only one younger, draft eligible skater. Maybe the US can do well based on having a bunch of more experienced guys and give Canada a run for their money! Then I saw Canada has 0 draft eligible skaters, hahaha. Kirby Dach is going to have 90 points in a 2 week tournament.
I don’t know what to make of that team...not sold on that defense at all. I’m ready though ...just want to see some good hockey. Best hockey time of the year for me.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Cujo's Mask wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:33 pm Watched several BU games last year (was living in CT) and Zegras is going to be huge for the US. Ultimately though, they will go as far as Knight takes them.
Zegras was the USA’s best player by far in last years tourney....He can only do so much. They need a lot of help for sure...that defense is gonna have to make a name for itself or it’s gonna be no medal again.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

BillP. wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:52 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:57 pm https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2068300
Timmy!!! No way, USA is on the Brink of victory.
USA, USA, USA, USA.................
Canada’s biggest question is goaltending. If one of their goalies steps up, it’s over. USA has better goaltending but I don’t think it’s gonna be enough to cover the rest of their holes. With that said...it’s 2020.....who the hell knows what craziness might happen.
Nice play on words there with “Brink”

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Huge blow for Canada and probably the Hawks as well. Canada also can't replace him now but it's something they should be able to survive. Tomasino is a great player and he was the healthy scratch last night. Great opportunity for Connor Zary and Quinton Byfield to step up.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:49 am Huge blow for Canada and probably the Hawks as well. Canada also can't replace him now but it's something they should be able to survive. Tomasino is a great player and he was the healthy scratch last night. Great opportunity for Connor Zary and Quinton Byfield to step up.
Great example of why NHL teams might not let their eligible players go. I know the Hawks weren't going to be any good this year, but now they're really screwed.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BillP. wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:20 amThat’s crazy. I watched the first few minutes when it was 1-0 and you could see Germany is still Germany, but 16-1?
Final Score was 16-2. Like TIM said far above: "Canada’s biggest question is goaltending." Both starter Devon Levi & 3rd-period sub Dylan Garand should be benched for the remainder of the tourney. :oops:

In their defence (what little the German side had for Game #1), the Sporting News recap reports on "a depleted German roster, who due to COVID-19 positive tests could only field a roster of 14 (nine forwards, five defensemen and two goalies) ... ." Wait for Team Canada to face a full squad before declaring them World Beaters.

JMC-STL wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:39 am
BillP. wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:20 amThat’s crazy. I watched the first few minutes when it was 1-0 and you could see Germany is still Germany, but 16-1?
Final Score was 16-2. Like TIM said far above: "Canada’s biggest question is goaltending." Both starter Devon Levi & 3rd-period sub Dylan Garand should be benched for the remainder of the tourney. :oops:

In their defence (what little the German side had for Game #1), the Sporting News recap reports on "a depleted German roster, who due to COVID-19 positive tests could only field a roster of 14 (nine forwards, five defensemen and two goalies) ... ." Wait for Team Canada to face a full squad before declaring them World Beaters.
Those German players got their money's worth.

Canada will have a tougher test today against Slovakia and by saying tougher...they won't win by 14 goals. They likely won't be tested until New years eve against Finland.

"Suck a dick Johansen"