4th Jersey Program

For those of you who are jersey/uniform enthusiasts, the NHL will be launching the 4th Jersey Program this upcoming season. A couple jerseys have already started to leak. The basis of the 4th jersey is a retro jersey with a twist of some kind, such as inverted colors. Icethetics did a good write up if you are interested:

https://www.icethetics.com/news/penguin ... ently-leak

Not mention in this article is a rumor that the Capitals will be bringing back the Screaming Eagle jersey but recolored in red, white, and blue.
These jerseys will only be worn a couple times next year. Should be fun to see some of the old 80s and 90s jerseys for a game or two.
KA-KAW!

Re: 4th Jersey Program

MattyIce wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:24 am For those of you who are jersey/uniform enthusiasts, the NHL will be launching the 4th Jersey Program this upcoming season. A couple jerseys have already started to leak. The basis of the 4th jersey is a retro jersey with a twist of some kind, such as inverted colors. Icethetics did a good write up if you are interested:

Not mention in this article is a rumor that the Capitals will be bringing back the Screaming Eagle jersey but recolored in red, white, and blue.
These jerseys will only be worn a couple times next year. Should be fun to see some of the old 80s and 90s jerseys for a game or two.
So New Jersey's new jerseys will be new jerseys that look like old jerseys?

This seems like something nobody wants appealing to people that didnt ask for it...

They over-saturated the outdoor classic and now they gotta over- saturate the jersies.

As a rookie they over-saturated crosby

I'm seeing a "marketing" pattern here....
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou

T.C. wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:24 amthis is a really bad idea.
Minor pro hockey fans eat this kinda shit up like candy from game-worn auctions, paying $500 to $1000 & more for them. Maybe the NHL & NHLPA are reaching down to pull up a shiny turd for additional revenue sources.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:13 am
MattyIce wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:24 am For those of you who are jersey/uniform enthusiasts, the NHL will be launching the 4th Jersey Program this upcoming season. A couple jerseys have already started to leak. The basis of the 4th jersey is a retro jersey with a twist of some kind, such as inverted colors. Icethetics did a good write up if you are interested:

So New Jersey's new jerseys will be new jerseys that look like old jerseys?
Very nicely done!

I just hope ours don't have anything to do with the BLUES across the front jerseys of the mid 80's

I’ve long been in favor of switching from darks at home to whites mid-year, and that would create an opportunity for a white alternate jersey for half the season. That would be a really good reason to have a “4th jersey”. Doing something like this as a gimmick to create a cash grab solely for the sake of a cash grab is uninteresting.

MissouriMook wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:01 pm I’ve long been in favor of switching from darks at home to whites mid-year, and that would create an opportunity for a white alternate jersey for half the season. That would be a really good reason to have a “4th jersey”. Doing something like this as a gimmick to create a cash grab solely for the sake of a cash grab is uninteresting.
i'm not following - we already have an alternate jersey in both dark and white?

T.C. wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:08 am
MissouriMook wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:01 pm I’ve long been in favor of switching from darks at home to whites mid-year, and that would create an opportunity for a white alternate jersey for half the season. That would be a really good reason to have a “4th jersey”. Doing something like this as a gimmick to create a cash grab solely for the sake of a cash grab is uninteresting.
i'm not following - we already have an alternate jersey in both dark and white?
Just dark. I like the idea of a white alternate.

MattyIce wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:47 am

I don't care what you guys say... this looks amazing
I love those California Golden Seals jerseys. I'll be watching catching some Shark action next season just because of the jerseys. Can't believe someone actually thought of something that made sense.

BillP. wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:41 am

I love those California Golden Seals jerseys. I'll be watching catching some Shark action next season just because of the jerseys. Can't believe someone actually thought of something that made sense.
They're fake.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:24 am
BillP. wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:41 am

They're fake.
WILL YOU JUST LET US LIVE
Just a Russian propaganda account