Re: 4th Jersey Program

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:09 am
JMC-STL wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:06 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:38 pm... But I was referring to the Avalanche 4th jersey recognizing the Nordiques. She's a beaut Clark
A clear cultural appropriation for the sole purpose of economic profit. The jersey might as well have a "FUCK THE QUÉBÉCOIS!" banner wrapped around the hemline.
I'd buy that.
Ask Santa for it, when you're sitting 6 feet away from him at the mall. Be sure to speak up - these masks are making it even harder on St. Nick's centuries-old hearing loss.

MattyIce wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:14 pm Man, if fans hate a red Blues sweater this much, I wonder what Habs fans are saying about seeing a blue Canadians sweater. It's almost as if the entire point of these jerseys was to reverse colors :o
Yeah, the Habs switched the Red and Blue in the universally loved jerseys they've worn for 80 years. The Blues dug up the most hated jersey in team history, the only one with red, and made it the prominent feature. It's dumb, it's ugly, and I will not rest until everyone on the internet agrees with me!
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:13 pm
MattyIce wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:14 pm Man, if fans hate a red Blues sweater this much, I wonder what Habs fans are saying about seeing a blue Canadians sweater. It's almost as if the entire point of these jerseys was to reverse colors :o
Yeah, the Habs switched the Red and Blue in the universally loved jerseys they've worn for 80 years. The Blues dug up the most hated jersey in team history, the only one with red, and made it the prominent feature. It's dumb, it's ugly, and I will not rest until everyone on the internet agrees with me!
I am prepared to die on this hill I stand.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:10 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:12 am
BluesSK wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:14 am

NHL hides the native American logo for some reason.
Yeah, Use the Blackhawk's shoulder patches, and replace the blue-note with the winged-wheel. Fuck You, Adidas!
Will you two stop ignoring the beauty of the Nordic throwback

Yeah, some of these teams came out with great jerseys. Jerseys that you hope they keep. Avs came out with one, the Wild jersey using North Star colors is awesome and the Kings blending the Gretzky era jersey with the original purple looks awesome.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:54 pm
Barclay Plager will be waiting for you on the other side.

BillP. wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:57 pm

Yeah, Use the Blackhawk's shoulder patches, and replace the blue-note with the winged-wheel. Fuck You, Adidas!

Yeah, some of these teams came out with great jerseys. Jerseys that you hope they keep. Avs came out with one, the Wild jersey using North Star colors is awesome and the Kings blending the Gretzky era jersey with the original purple looks awesome.
I agree for the most part. I really like the Wild's look. I think that bright Green/Gold color scheme is outstanding and nobody uses it. I always thought the Gretzky era Kings jerseys were the best in that organization's history by a mile, and I'm surprised at how much I like them in purple/gold.

As for the Avs, they look nice, but I'm not sure how I feel about a team using the logo/design of a market they plucked a team out of and changed immediately. Same thing with the Whalers/Canes. I liked seeing the regular Whalers uniforms on throwback nights, but I'm not sure how anyone from Hartford felt about that. Obviously I just referenced the Wild using the North Stars colors as one of my favorites, but I think it's different when its a new team in the same market.

Another jersey I was really disappointed by was the Canucks:

They have such a diverse uniform history with the flying V and the Bure era skate jersey, along with a great standard color scheme. I can't believe they ended up with this 1994 indoor lacrosse style turd.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:23 am

Barclay Plager will be waiting for you on the other side.
People are saying Barclay came up with the design on the 4th jersey. You hear it everywhere.

I always knew it would come to this. You and I locked in internet mortal combat. Just so you know, the reason I'm smiling is I am not left handed....ah shit that's not true, I am. Please don't stab me.

JMC-STL wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:45 pm
I reckon you're gonna love this one then, DPW ...

Green is such an underrated color. Thats a good looking kit

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:22 pm

I always knew it would come to this. You and I locked in internet mortal combat. Just so you know, the reason I'm smiling is I am not left handed....ah shit that's not true, I am. Please don't stab me.
:lol:

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:02 am

I agree for the most part. I really like the Wild's look. I think that bright Green/Gold color scheme is outstanding and nobody uses it. I always thought the Gretzky era Kings jerseys were the best in that organization's history by a mile, and I'm surprised at how much I like them in purple/gold.

As for the Avs, they look nice, but I'm not sure how I feel about a team using the logo/design of a market they plucked a team out of and changed immediately. Same thing with the Whalers/Canes. I liked seeing the regular Whalers uniforms on throwback nights, but I'm not sure how anyone from Hartford felt about that. Obviously I just referenced the Wild using the North Stars colors as one of my favorites, but I think it's different when its a new team in the same market.

They have such a diverse uniform history with the flying V and the Bure era skate jersey, along with a great standard color scheme. I can't believe they ended up with this 1994 indoor lacrosse style turd.
What’s with that serpent? I do not understand that Canuck logo and what it stands for or means for that matter. wish they would get rid of it.

BillP. wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:42 pm

What’s with that serpent? I do not understand that Canuck logo and what it stands for or means for that matter. wish they would get rid of it.

???? Are you talking about the Orca (Killer Whale)...which live widely throughout the Pacific Northwest? Never seen "Free Willy" I suppose ;)

More info here: https://thecanuckway.com/2019/10/25/van ... onic-logo/
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:39 pm

???? Are you talking about the Orca (Killer Whale)...which live widely throughout the Pacific Northwest? Never seen "Free Willy" I suppose ;)

Is that what it’s supposed to be? Still though, they’re the Canucks. I mean if the Blues added something to the note or veered from it, it would be bad. JMO

Oh yeah, thanks for educating me on that ;)

I assume they wanted to make sure they had a logo that dives everyday before Kesler showed up.