Re: 4th Jersey Program

T.C. wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:24 am fucking gross. what goddamn dunce thinks the blues need a red jersey? is it all the decades of battling red-shirted rivals? yeah, makes perfect sense.

fuck all the way off with this.
I agree whole-heartedly. Even if they "look fine" it's still absolutely stupid and clearly thought up by some adidas whiz that doesn't give a shit about the Blues. The whole "reverse retro" thing is dumb. Actually, it's dumb to try to fit one design theory for every team. You want to do a fresh jersey for every team? Fine, great, just don't make them all fit into the same template.

In summation...boo.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

My thoughts....
1 - From strictly a jersey design standpoint, I think it looks killer (if that's the jersey they end up wearing).
2 - From a Blues fan perspective, I totally understand people not liking it. Even the addition of just a little red made people poop themselves back in the
90s, so i get it.
3 - The whole point of the program is an inverted colored retro jersey. They are only wearing these for one game. If they took away the reverse retro
theme, then what's the point? Then your basically just forcing every team to churn out a fourth jersey for no reason. I actually think the theme is
pretty cool.
4 - I feel like they should have taken that jersey and recolored it to the blue/navy/yellow colors of today. Swap the red of the original 90s jersey with Navy.
That would have been a better way of updating a retro jersey IMO. But then again, it wouldn't have been a reverse retro then.
5 - Why isn't there any love for the jersey before these? The Cujo era jerseys.... I always loved those because that's what I grew up watching.
KA-KAW!

MattyIce wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:55 am My thoughts....
1 - From strictly a jersey design standpoint, I think it looks killer (if that's the jersey they end up wearing).
2 - From a Blues fan perspective, I totally understand people not liking it. Even the addition of just a little red made people poop themselves back in the
90s, so i get it.
3 - The whole point of the program is an inverted colored retro jersey. They are only wearing these for one game. If they took away the reverse retro
theme, then what's the point? Then your basically just forcing every team to churn out a fourth jersey for no reason. I actually think the theme is
pretty cool.
4 - I feel like they should have taken that jersey and recolored it to the blue/navy/yellow colors of today. Swap the red of the original 90s jersey with Navy.
That would have been a better way of updating a retro jersey IMO. But then again, it wouldn't have been a reverse retro then.
5 - Why isn't there any love for the jersey before these? The Cujo era jerseys.... I always loved those because that's what I grew up watching.

db049b1cbd24bbbbbe481cea29e88661.jpg
Ever see Blackhawks or Red Wings wearing blue jerseys?

90s, so i get it.
pretty cool.

Just because that's the point of the program doesn't mean it's a good idea. I'd absolutely much rather have the Blues churn out a fourth jersey for no reason than wear/sell these turds. Eventually when fans are back in the building, you're going to see fans wearing these, and it's going to piss me off. The Hawks broadcasts will talk about "how much red there is in the stands" at a Blues home game and it's going to infuriate me. The other part that pisses people off about these, and you alluded to it, is that it's reversing the most reviled jersey from the franchise's history, and making the most reviled feature even more prominent. I know some people of a certain age like the clown jerseys, but they also garner the most hate of any Blues jersey by a mile. This is akin the Sabres using their ugly ass black/red/silver jerseys as the base. Why celebrate the uniform the fanbase would love to forget?

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:28 pm
90s, so i get it.
pretty cool.

Well they don't have the color blue on any jersey ever. So it wouldn't happen. It's not like the Blues picked a completely random color. Red was actually on that sweater.
I'm honestly not disagreeing with you guys. I just have part of me that kind of digs the idea behind the league wide program, especially when it's just a one-off sweater. If you are only going to wear a jersey once, why not have some fun with it. JMO
That being said, they are definitely going after a demographic. Guys that watched the Blues in the 60s aren't running out and buying the newest hockey jersey. Guys that are mid 20s to mid 30s grew up with these jerseys and are the most likely to buy one. Plus the timing is perfect with Christmas around the corner. The league is trying to recoup at least a little bit of the shit load of money they lost last year.
KA-KAW!

MattyIce wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:24 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:28 pm
90s, so i get it.
pretty cool.

Well they don't have the color blue on any jersey ever. So it wouldn't happen. It's not like the Blues picked a completely random color. Red was actually on that sweater.
I'm honestly not disagreeing with you guys. I just have part of me that kind of digs the idea behind the league wide program, especially when it's just a one-off sweater. If you are only going to wear a jersey once, why not have some fun with it. JMO
That being said, they are definitely going after a demographic. Guys that watched the Blues in the 60s aren't running out and buying the newest hockey jersey. Guys that are mid 20s to mid 30s grew up with these jerseys and are the most likely to buy one. Plus the timing is perfect with Christmas around the corner. The league is trying to recoup at least a little bit of the shit load of money they lost last year.
WE WILL NOT RELENT UNTIL YOU ARE IN COMPLETE AGREEMENT!!! :lol:

BluesSK wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:13 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:08 am HOORAY! They found a way to make the worst jerseys in team history even worse!!!!

2020 is unrelenting.
I hate every last one of those jerseys.
I liked a couple. Some were barely discernable from their regular uniforms or seem to be almost a regular retro rather than reverse. And many were just pure trash. Many people have pointed out that the Red Wings jersey just looks like a practice jersey, which makes me laugh.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:10 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:12 am
BluesSK wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:14 am

NHL hides the native American logo for some reason.
Yeah, Use the Blackhawk's shoulder patches, and replace the blue-note with the winged-wheel. Fuck You, Adidas!
Will you two stop ignoring the beauty of the Nordic throwback
Obviously designed by some under-40 fuck who has zero clue or respect for Blues tradition. The first clown suit was bad, this one is horrible. Barclay Plager would puke at the sight of this... then he would hunt down the designer and kick his ass. Worse than a Joe McGrath fashion show!

Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:10 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:12 am

Yeah, Use the Blackhawk's shoulder patches, and replace the blue-note with the winged-wheel. Fuck You, Adidas!
Obviously designed by some under-40 fuck who has zero clue or respect for Blues tradition. The first clown suit was bad, this one is horrible. Barclay Plager would puke at the sight of this... then he would hunt down the designer and kick his ass. Worse than a Joe McGrath fashion show!
The Blues already a 3rd jersey to recognize the older Blues era. The 90s are apart of Blues tradition since it was 30 years ago so I'm not sure how recognizing it is disrespectful. And if you look at all the others, they are 90s throwbacks as well.

But I was referring to the Avalanche 4th jersey recognizing the Nordiques. She's a beaut Clark
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:38 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:10 pm

The Blues already a 3rd jersey to recognize the older Blues era. The 90s are apart of Blues tradition since it was 30 years ago so I'm not sure how recognizing it is disrespectful. And if you look at all the others, they are 90s throwbacks as well.

But I was referring to the Avalanche 4th jersey recognizing the Nordiques. She's a beaut Clark
Blues unis should never be red... end of story.