2025 NCAA Men's Frozen Four in St. Louis

NCAA awards 2025 Frozen Four to St. Louis

NCAA awards other hockey,basketball and tennis events

Staff, wire report | on October 14, 2020

ST. LOUIS — The NCAA was in a giving mood toward St. Louis on Wednesday.

The NCAA’s Division I national ice hockey finals, known as the Frozen Four, will be played in St. Louis for the third time. They will take place at Enterprise Center in 2025, it was announced.

But that wasn’t all.

An NCAA ice hockey regional tournament will be played in St. Louis in 2024, leading up to the following year’s Frozen Four. ...

The ice hockey regional tourney in 2024 is to be played at the Centene Ice Center in Maryland Heights, which is also the year-old practice facility for the Blues. The city was the host site for the Frozen Four previously in 1975 at the old St. Louis Arena and in 2007 at the Scottrade Center, now known as Enterprise Center. ...

Read more at: https://www.thetelegraph.com/sports/art ... 648484.php

Re: 2025 NCAA Men's Frozen Four in St. Louis

JMC-STL wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:05 pm From: The Alton Telegraph > Sports
NCAA awards 2025 Frozen Four to St. Louis

NCAA awards other hockey,basketball and tennis events

Staff, wire report | on October 14, 2020

ST. LOUIS — The NCAA was in a giving mood toward St. Louis on Wednesday.

The NCAA’s Division I national ice hockey finals, known as the Frozen Four, will be played in St. Louis for the third time. They will take place at Enterprise Center in 2025, it was announced.

But that wasn’t all.

An NCAA ice hockey regional tournament will be played in St. Louis in 2024, leading up to the following year’s Frozen Four. ...

The ice hockey regional tourney in 2024 is to be played at the Centene Ice Center in Maryland Heights, which is also the year-old practice facility for the Blues. The city was the host site for the Frozen Four previously in 1975 at the old St. Louis Arena and in 2007 at the Scottrade Center, now known as Enterprise Center. ...

Read more at: https://www.thetelegraph.com/sports/art ... 648484.php
Sure, now they announce this, after Tim took his stick and puck and left.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:51 pm
JMC-STL wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:35 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:21 pmSure, now they announce this, after Tim took his stick and puck and left.
He posted the SLPD version of the announcement over at The Asylum. He has gone full zombie now. Let him eat brains over there for awhile - he'll lose weight on that diet.
A bad day at BNF is better than a good day at that shithole.
The only charm missing here at T.C.'s Place is that we don't have a roaming group of posters with multiple accounts who change their screen names regularly so they can troll from under several different bridges. Well, we've got Dread, but I think we broke him of those habits when we held the hazing during one of The Capn's private freak shows with The Little Ladies. Once you go full limbo, you never go back.
Last edited by JMC-STL on Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

JMC-STL wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:31 am
Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:51 pm
He posted the SLPD version of the announcement over at The Asylum. He has gone full zombie now. Let him eat brains over there for awhile - he'll lose weight on that diet.
A bad day at BNF is better than a good day at that shithole.
The only charm missing here at T.C.'s Place is that we don't have a roaming group of posters with multiple accounts who change their screen names regularly so they can troll from under several different bridges. Well, we've got Dread, but I think we broke him of those habits when we held the hazing during one of The Capn's private freak shows with The Little Ladies. Once you go full limbo, you never go back.
Wait, what?
Just a Russian propaganda account

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:21 pmSure, now they announce this, after Tim took his stick and puck and left.
A brain eating virus would absolutely starve in that place
Just a Russian propaganda account

T.C. wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:21 ami am happy about this and intend on attending, if we are allowed to do so by then.

i approved of everything else in this thread as well.
If you find a way to get game tickets without a personal or business relationship with a corporate sponsor, or without having been a long-time attendee of Frozen Four events around the country, please lemme know. :?

T.C. wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:09 pm oh, do they not sell tickets to the public? or are you saying it is going to be like the outdoor game that was here, where tickets were made available first to everyone other than hockey fans, then 20x the price for the few left for hockey fans?
I went back in 2007. Got to see Oshie play for North Dakota, and he was really good. I honestly don’t remember how the ticket thing worked back then. I think I had Blues season tickets, so maybe that was how I was able to get them. Or I was working for a guy that is part of the Blues ownership group, and I’m actually thinking I may have gotten the tickets thru him.

T.C. wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:09 pm oh, do they not sell tickets to the public? or are you saying it is going to be like the outdoor game that was here, where tickets were made available first to everyone other than hockey fans, then 20x the price for the few left for hockey fans?
I got them face value in 2017 without much effort. I don't think the demand is anywhere near it was for the Winter Classic or All-Star Game, so there's no real screw job going on for non-season ticket holders as far as I recall.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:12 pm
T.C. wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:09 pmoh, do they not sell tickets to the public? or are you saying it is going to be like the outdoor game that was here, where tickets were made available first to everyone other than hockey fans, then 20x the price for the few left for hockey fans?
Matangama wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:25 pmI went back in 2007. Got to see Oshie play for North Dakota, and he was really good. I honestly don’t remember how the ticket thing worked back then. I think I had Blues season tickets, so maybe that was how I was able to get them. Or I was working for a guy that is part of the Blues ownership group, and I’m actually thinking I may have gotten the tickets thru him.
I got them face value in 2017 without much effort. I don't think the demand is anywhere near it was for the Winter Classic or All-Star Game, so there's no real screw job going on for non-season ticket holders as far as I recall.
True, they are not quite the hot ticket as those for a Winter Classic or an NHL All-Star Game or even a Stanley Cup Finals game - especially in St. Louis where hockey other than the NHL is more of a novelty than a sports passion. But they are in great demand among college hockey fans of whom very large numbers travel around the country every year to attend the Frozen Four. Back in 2007, the variety of 3rd-party ticket sales options was much smaller than it is today. And at the time (I could not immediately confirm this policy remains the same today), the NCAA had a lottery system for fan purchases of Frozen Four tickets that greatly favored people who had participated in such lotteries over previous years (i.e., the more years a fan had submitted FF ticket purchase requests - whether they actually received tickets or not - the more entries in that year's ticket lottery they would receive). So for those of us who were first-time Frozen Four wannabe attendees, our chances of buying tickets directly from the NCAA were very slim.

I have confirmation from a coworker that current St. Louis Blues season ticket package holders will have an opportunity to purchase 2025 men's Frozen Four tickets from whatever allocation the NCAA distributes. I know that St. Louis area corporate sponsors of the 2007 event in St. Louis received allotments of tickets, as that is how I was able to attend the two semifinals games (a single seat from a coworker whose wife worked for one of the sponsors). I also recall that professional & amateur scalpers trolling the street-side plazas along Clark Avenue in front of then-Scottrade Center had tickets on offer; and I heard that when North Dakota (one of the most passionate and mobile fan bases in college hockey) and Maine (ditto) lost their semifinals matches, many of those fans sold their tickets to scalpers and left for home early. So the volume of tickets on the aftermarket (on-line sellers or street hawkers) between the Semis and the Finals is greatly influenced by the outcomes of the two semifinal games. The two-day gap between semis & the championship game can work to the advantage of buyers wanting to witness the final match-up.

Bottom Line: The men's Frozen Four tournament is the Stanley Cup Finals of U.S. college hockey. So don't expect to have a glut of tickets available to you in the lead-up to the event, unless you've been among the traveling bands of Frozen Four zealots and/or you know people who know people.

A clarifying perspective from this USCHO.com editorial on the NCAA committee's decision process & its award of the 2025 men's Frozen Four to St. Louis ...
... Mike Kemp, senior associate athletic director at Omaha and the chair of the Division I men’s ice hockey committee, said that one of the leading factors in selecting the four venues and host cities was feedback from the Frozen Four’s most loyal group of fans.

“We had interviewed the ‘season ticket holders,’” a moniker given to the large group of college hockey fans who travel to the Frozen Four year after year, some of whom have attended upwards of 30 Frozen Fours. “One of the underlying facts was that they really wanted a destination spot, so to speak. So that became a serious consideration as we looked at number of sites that were options.” ...

The other two destinations (St. Louis & Las Vegas) – and I underscore the term destination – probably elicited a lot more discussion among the NCAA committee.

St. Louis, though not too far from college hockey’s Midwest, but still nearly six hours away from both Notre Dame and Wisconsin, couldn’t rest it laurel of just being a great college hockey market.

Indeed, the city of St. Louis, and particularly the arena district, have changed considerable since Michigan State captured the title there in 2007. The cities love for hockey was never more evident than the summer of 2019 when the St. Louis Blues brought home their first Stanley Cup.

The area around the Enterprise Center is built up and will possibly be more so by 2025 when the Frozen Four arrives. Of the four cities, this may have felt like the biggest stretch, but having been on the ground during the 2019 Stanley Cup run, I urge college hockey fans to give this one a shot. ...

The reality is that the Frozen Four has become a spectacle, an absolute destination for fans and players alike. Sure, there main focus is the three hockey games, but now more than ever fans seem to be building larger agendas around their annual college hockey pilgrimage. ...