Re: Torey Krug to St Louis for 7 years 6.5 Aav

BillP. wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:20 pm
ratonmono wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:19 pm
Matangama wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:09 pm

Come on guys.....triplets are expensive! Shoot, now there is a fourth little mouth to feed. I’m sorry, but $64 million just wasn’t enough. Petro needed that extra million or two to make it all work!
Especially considering 64 million goes a lot further in STL than all of the bigger markets, he looks pretty dumb right about now.
Would be hilarious if Petro can't land a spot in Vegas and he comes back around to settle with Army for like 7x7.
I’m going to guess Petro has a bigger ego than we were all led to believe. He had term and doe, and even more equity here than Backes had. Ridiculous he even entertained the thought of not signing.
👍 As the only Captain in history to lead a Blues team to a Cup, (So far), his jersey in the rafters, and a statue outside were a given. Might still happen, but far from certain now. Clearly he either ignored the present day financial situation, or woke up one morning and saw Bobby Orr in the mirror. Wrong.

barnburner wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:48 pm
ratonmono wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:19 pm

Especially considering 64 million goes a lot further in STL than all of the bigger markets, he looks pretty dumb right about now.
Would be hilarious if Petro can't land a spot in Vegas and he comes back around to settle with Army for like 7x7.
I’m going to guess Petro has a bigger ego than we were all led to believe. He had term and doe, and even more equity here than Backes had. Ridiculous he even entertained the thought of not signing.
👍 As the only Captain in history to lead a Blues team to a Cup, (So far), his jersey in the rafters, and a statue outside were a given. Might still happen, but far from certain now. Clearly he either ignored the present day financial situation, or woke up one morning and saw Bobby Orr in the mirror. Wrong.
Or he got bad advice from his agent, or he didn't prioritize returning to STL.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:53 pm

Phone call from David Backes to Petro this morning......
"What the fuck, bro! Didn't my mistake teach you anything???"

Dave's a mess wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:53 pm

This whole situation reeks of representational malpractice. Any other agent and this would have been wrapped up 15 months ago.

BluesSK wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:03 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:55 pm
Matangama wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:56 am Step Brothers......greatest movie ever made!

You can disagree with me, but you would be wrong!
I know I'm in the minority, but I lasted 20-30 minutes in b4 I walked out

John C. Reilly has the comedic range of a pancreas.
So... Not a Walk Hard fan either, then?
Saw it once, mildly chuckled a few times
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Matangama wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:56 am Step Brothers......greatest movie ever made!

Good Lord, man! This troubles me greatly. For the record, I generally don’t like Will Ferrell movies, but loved Step Brothers.

Ok, a chance at redemption.........what about Office Space? If you tell me you didn’t like Office Space, I’m going put you on ignore! Uhhh, do we have ignore in this forum???

Matangama wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:19 pm

Good Lord, man! This troubles me greatly. For the record, I generally don’t like Will Ferrell movies, but loved Step Brothers.

Ok, a chance at redemption.........what about Office Space? If you tell me you didn’t like Office Space, I’m going put you on ignore! Uhhh, do we have ignore in this forum???
People occasionally respond to my posts, so I'm guessing there's no ignore feature.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:41 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:39 pm I am absolutely stunned. Thought this theory was BS from guys that weren't quite insiders but dreamed of being so. Apologies to Strickland and Upshall for all the things I muttered to myself as I chuckled at them.

7 years at 6.5. He's older than you think, but there's your PP QB for the next few years. Army is a damn assassin.
Stunned too. I remember JR saying on the radio this afternoon he didn't think there was any validity to the Krug rumors, in case we are ever unsure if he has inside info
JR is a jock sniffing dingleberry

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:39 pm I am absolutely stunned. Thought this theory was BS from guys that weren't quite insiders but dreamed of being so. Apologies to Strickland and Upshall for all the things I muttered to myself as I chuckled at them.

7 years at 6.5. He's older than you think, but there's your PP QB for the next few years. Army is a damn assassin.
Stunned too. I remember JR saying on the radio this afternoon he didn't think there was any validity to the Krug rumors, in case we are ever unsure if he has inside info

barnburner wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:48 pm👍 As the only Captain in history to lead a Blues team to a Cup, (So far), his jersey in the rafters, and a statue outside were a given. Might still happen, but far from certain now. Clearly he either ignored the present day financial situation, or woke up one morning and saw Bobby Orr in the mirror. Wrong.
FACT: Jamie Benn never sat on Bobby Orr. But Gordie Howe did.

From Mr. Hockey: Gordie Howe, My Story

JMC-STL wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:40 am
barnburner wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:48 pm👍 As the only Captain in history to lead a Blues team to a Cup, (So far), his jersey in the rafters, and a statue outside were a given. Might still happen, but far from certain now. Clearly he either ignored the present day financial situation, or woke up one morning and saw Bobby Orr in the mirror. Wrong.
FACT: Jamie Benn never sat on Bobby Orr. But Gordie Howe did.

Howe on Orr_0002.jpg
From Mr. Hockey: Gordie Howe, My Story
😃😃😄

CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:03 am People keep talking about how Pietrangelo lead the Blues to the Cup. The player who lead the team tot he Cup is Binnington....Pietrangelo could have been replaced by a lot of players...also...he never lead anyone anywhere before Binnington and Berube showed up.
And O’Reilly. I’d say Binnington first, and then O’Reilly, mainly because ROR was injured and wasn’t great in the first two rounds as a result. People lose sight of the fact that Petro was pretty bad in the early part of the playoff run. I think that first game ass kicking in San Jose was the bottom, and then he played well after that. But yeah, I would tend to agree with your take that he didn’t “lead the Blues to the Cup”.

Matangama wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:06 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:03 am People keep talking about how Pietrangelo lead the Blues to the Cup. The player who lead the team tot he Cup is Binnington....Pietrangelo could have been replaced by a lot of players...also...he never lead anyone anywhere before Binnington and Berube showed up.
And O’Reilly. I’d say Binnington first, and then O’Reilly, mainly because ROR was injured and wasn’t great in the first two rounds as a result. People lose sight of the fact that Petro was pretty bad in the early part of the playoff run. I think that first game ass kicking in San Jose was the bottom, and then he played well after that. But yeah, I would tend to agree with your take that he didn’t “lead the Blues to the Cup”.
He played great...but lets not confuse him with Mark Messier. Pietrangelo was here for a while and never lifted anything up on his shoulders and carried it. Dan Buffa would lead you to believe he was some kind of GOD...but he is also kind of a poser.

Matangama wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:19 pm

Office Space was amazing!!!

Will ferrel is a good supporting actor, but if he doesnt have someone to carry him its not a good movie. John C Reilly is not that guy
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!