Re: Torey Krug to St Louis for 7 years 6.5 Aav

BillP. wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:35 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:26 pm
MattyIce wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:17 pm In Doug we trust!!!
He convinced teams to take Lehtera and Berglund...I believe he can pull a rabbit out of a hat and convince a team to take Faulk
Yeah, takes 2 terrible signings and parlays that into Schenn and ROR, and then subsequently a Cup. Would never have believed it. He is the best GM in league now. Hands down. And it seems like he’s picking up steam. Dude is on a roll.
We have a GM and an owner that truly just want to win and are willing to do what it takes to accomplish that. We are currently a fortunate fanbase.
Just a Russian propaganda account

bradleygt89 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:46 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:27 pm
LMAO, love the humor. Krug is definitely a player you hate to play against, but he will be a fan favorite here I believe.
He's probably not going to get the plum offensive assigments he got in Boston, aside from manning PP1, but he's going to play his ass off. What I like is, most people thought he was going to end up in Detroit since he's got ties to the area and they have loads of cap space. Assuming they were in on him, and considering the fact that he said he didn't even know the Blues were an option as of 11 am today, this shows he just wants to freaking win. I love it...as long as he serves 2 minutes at the first practice for that uncalled charge on Thomas ;)
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BluesSK wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:27 pm Do you get the feeling Armstrong got tired of the drama and just said fuck it?
I tend to believe he got the sense in the conversations last night that Petro wasn't coming back and moved on. He mentioned he got in touch with Krug at 11:15 and went from there with Krug calling Berube etc. It was in the works all day with Krug while not speaking to Petro at all.
Just a Russian propaganda account

BluesSK wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:27 pm Do you get the feeling Armstrong got tired of the drama and just said fuck it?
Supposedly the Blues had 64m on the table last night but because of lack of NMC and up front bonus money, Petro balked. Per Strickland on NHL radio.

DA probably got pissed off. He offers 8 and 64 and still no dice?..........I love DA’s moxie, what a response by him. A counter punch upper cut knockout.

Definitely a case of Army not being willing to wait on Petro and get stuck with nobody, which really is the smart decision.

I love Petro and he’s gonna be missed badly on our back end, but this is a good add all things considered.

Don’t think Krug plays with Parayko tho. We’ll want Parayko against the other teams top line and we don’t want Krug there. Put Krug with Faulk and try and protect them.

Beatoni12 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:26 am Definitely a case of Army not being willing to wait on Petro and get stuck with nobody, which really is the smart decision.

I love Petro and he’s gonna be missed badly on our back end, but this is a good add all things considered.

Don’t think Krug plays with Parayko tho. We’ll want Parayko against the other teams top line and we don’t want Krug there. Put Krug with Faulk and try and protect them.
I think that pair will be fun to watch.

According to todays paper, Army offered Petro 8m , 8 years, no movement during his last years, as protection, and a limited signing bonus. In todays fiscal environment, more than fair, imo. Clearly finishing his career as a Blue wasnt as important to him, as some believed.
So, who wears the C now? O'Reilly or Schenn? I'm discounting Steen because I figure Coach will want someone who will continue on into the next few years.

barnburner wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:07 am According to todays paper, Army offered Petro 8m , 8 years, no movement during his last years, as protection, and a limited signing bonus. In todays fiscal environment, more than fair, imo. Clearly finishing his career as a Blue wasnt as important to him, as some believed.
So, who wears the C now? O'Reilly or Schenn? I'm discounting Steen because I figure Coach will want someone who will continue on into the next few years.
Yep; like all of us, we'll be gratefully for Petro's captaincy that led the Blues to their first Cup, but if this is true, good luck somewhere else Petro, and honestly, I'm glad he didn't take it because that would have killed us later on. $1.5M might not sound like a lot when talking these huge numbers, but look at some of the important players on our team that make under $2M:

- Gunner
- Bortz
- MacMac
- Barbs
- Blais
- Sanford
- Thomas & Kyrou on ELC's

LSS: Glad we saved the $1.5 for a player who seems like he was ready to move on, no matter what. See ya AP!
"Do Only Good Everyday"

barnburner wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:07 am According to todays paper, Army offered Petro 8m , 8 years, no movement during his last years, as protection, and a limited signing bonus. In todays fiscal environment, more than fair, imo. Clearly finishing his career as a Blue wasnt as important to him, as some believed.
Having all that info I have to give Army a pass on this one. He and his agent overplayed their hand big time. Turned down 64 million? Crazy. And now no one has space to add him without a major move. He might still get a good deal but my guess is his greedy ass left money on the table with that gamble. We are still a worse team without him but damn, and his wife knows he turned down 64 million. Ouch.

ratonmono wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:04 pm
Having all that info I have to give Army a pass on this one. He and his agent overplayed their hand big time. Turned down 64 million? Crazy. And now no one has space to add him without a major move. He might still get a good deal but my guess is his greedy ass left money on the table with that gamble. We are still a worse team without him but damn, and his wife knows he turned down 64 million. Ouch.
Come on guys.....triplets are expensive! Shoot, now there is a fourth little mouth to feed. I’m sorry, but $64 million just wasn’t enough. Petro needed that extra million or two to make it all work!

Matangama wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:09 pm
Come on guys.....triplets are expensive! Shoot, now there is a fourth little mouth to feed. I’m sorry, but $64 million just wasn’t enough. Petro needed that extra million or two to make it all work!
Especially considering 64 million goes a lot further in STL than all of the bigger markets, he looks pretty dumb right about now.
Would be hilarious if Petro can't land a spot in Vegas and he comes back around to settle with Army for like 7x7.

You're making me feel bad for the guy. He fucked up.

Bingo
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

ratonmono wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:19 pm
Matangama wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:09 pm

Especially considering 64 million goes a lot further in STL than all of the bigger markets, he looks pretty dumb right about now.
Would be hilarious if Petro can't land a spot in Vegas and he comes back around to settle with Army for like 7x7.
I’m going to guess Petro has a bigger ego than we were all led to believe. He had term and doe, and even more equity here than Backes had. Ridiculous he even entertained the thought of not signing.